DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 12 First ... 9101112 Last
    To confirm, this extension is now incorperated into the full overlay package, correct? I'm running into the issue where the keldisadvantage is being processed twice and I think the solution is to just not use the save vs tags.

full overlay only.PNG
    save vs tags and full overlay.PNG

Thank you again for all your hard work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sudain View Post
    To confirm, this extension is now incorperated into the full overlay package, correct? I'm running into the issue where the keldisadvantage is being processed twice and I think the solution is to just not use the save vs tags.

full overlay only.PNG
    save vs tags and full overlay.PNG

Thank you again for all your hard work!
    Yup, the save versus tags version is implemented in the full overlayPackage Didn't know that there are still people having a version of save versus tags Maybe it becomes rare enough that you can sell it to some collector :P

and thanks for the words

I simply didn't delete it I don't think. I shall print out the source code and frame it for all time.

I want to make an item that when equipped it gives a 5E type advantage roll on any Attack roll until the item is unequipped. so with the auto remove turned off in options for keladvantage, this is the IFTAG I am wanting to use:

IFTAG: attack; keladvantage

so any attack done while the item is equipped is at an advantage. is it possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I want to make an item that when equipped it gives a 5E type advantage roll on any Attack roll until the item is unequipped. so with the auto remove turned off in options for keladvantage, this is the IFTAG I am wanting to use:

IFTAG: attack; keladvantage

so any attack done while the item is equipped is at an advantage. is it possible?
    Right now, this is not possible; but the next update will contain (dis)advantage effects for attacks similar to the 5E effects

I am working on adding the Elder Mythos Scholar's Eldritch Grimoire and Eldritch Infusion abilities to my wizard's character sheet. I'll start out by saying I am assuming the logic has not been implemented so my questions are 1, am I approaching this problem correctly? 2, if there isn't currently a solution, is there one planned?

The second solution also requires a separate plug-in, bmos' spell failure plugin. I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to include here or not so I am going ahead and keeping it in case someone has a similar question (not about Elder Mythos - no one else is dumb enough to use that archetype

I created a custom effect, "Talisman" that can be applied to targets that are included in the Talisman of Revealing and created the effect below to apply to self for the Eldritch Grimoire.

Code:
    Eldritch Grimoire; IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman); DC: 1; CL: 2
    I verified IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman) is working correctly by using IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman); ATK: 10 and making an attack roll. DC: 10 also worked, so again, I'm assuming the logic just is not included. On a side note, I believe I saw on the first page that CL is not currently working. When I double click the CL number, it won't even roll it for me anymore. Has this functionality been removed?

The code below is to address the Eldritch Infusion (again, also leveraging the spell failure plugin).

Code:
    Eldritch Infusion; INT: 4 alchemical; CON: -2; WIS: -2; SF: 20; IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman); NSF; SKILL: [HCL] perception
    Everything works up to the IFT line. I know the skill check bonus won't work with the IFT logic, but wanted to leave that in there as a reminder - seems like pretty common practice.

Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    I am working on adding the Elder Mythos Scholar's Eldritch Grimoire and Eldritch Infusion abilities to my wizard's character sheet. I'll start out by saying I am assuming the logic has not been implemented so my questions are 1, am I approaching this problem correctly? 2, if there isn't currently a solution, is there one planned?

The second solution also requires a separate plug-in, bmos' spell failure plugin. I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate to include here or not so I am going ahead and keeping it in case someone has a similar question (not about Elder Mythos - no one else is dumb enough to use that archetype

I created a custom effect, "Talisman" that can be applied to targets that are included in the Talisman of Revealing and created the effect below to apply to self for the Eldritch Grimoire.

Code:
    Eldritch Grimoire; IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman); DC: 1; CL: 2
    I verified IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman) is working correctly by using IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman); ATK: 10 and making an attack roll. DC: 10 also worked, so again, I'm assuming the logic just is not included. On a side note, I believe I saw on the first page that CL is not currently working. When I double click the CL number, it won't even roll it for me anymore. Has this functionality been removed?

The code below is to address the Eldritch Infusion (again, also leveraging the spell failure plugin).

Code:
    Eldritch Infusion; INT: 4 alchemical; CON: -2; WIS: -2; SF: 20; IFT: CUSTOM(Talisman); NSF; SKILL: [HCL] perception
    Everything works up to the IFT line. I know the skill check bonus won't work with the IFT logic, but wanted to leave that in there as a reminder - seems like pretty common practice.
    About CL: CL is the effect for caster level, so everything affected by your caster level except concentration (for concentration there is a separate effect for PF1, COC) In your case you need caster level checks, this is the effect CLC But even if you use CL: CL is not a targetable effect; you can recognize targetable effects in the wiki or on my forge page by (T) in their description Only the ones with this (T) will work combined with IFT as you did I think CLC actually is targetable; so if I am right in that you actually need CLC as effect, then it may work what you try to do by replacing CL with CLC

The same problem with your second effect: SKILL is not targetable (it has no (T) in their description). The skill rolls in FG do not know anything about your targets, especially their code won't check for your Talisman effect Hence, same problem in that regard

So, in total: Only the effects with (T) in their info can be put after an IFT clause I am not sure if it will be easy for me to change the code if CL so that it becomes a targetable effect, but I try it

I hope I answered everything?
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 26th, 2022 at 04:20.

Thanks for your reply. It sounds like at this point it would be best to leave off the IFT tag and reduce it to
    Code:
    Eldritch Grimoire; DC: 1; CLC: 2
    and for the Eldritch Infusion,
    Code:
    Eldritch Infusion; INT: 4 alchemical; CON: -2; WIS: -2; SF: 20
    with a duration of 10 min/CL and
    Code:
    Eldritch Infusion Talisman; SF:-20; SKILL: [HCL] perception
    with a duration of 1 roll. This all seems to work as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by ret View Post
    Thanks for your reply. It sounds like at this point it would be best to leave off the IFT tag and reduce it to
    Code:
    Eldritch Grimoire; DC: 1; CLC: 2
    and for the Eldritch Infusion,
    Code:
    Eldritch Infusion; INT: 4 alchemical; CON: -2; WIS: -2; SF: 20
    with a duration of 10 min/CL and
    Code:
    Eldritch Infusion Talisman; SF:-20; SKILL: [HCL] perception
    with a duration of 1 roll. This all seems to work as intended.
    Sounds good Though I think for the first effect (since you now use CLC) the IFT one should work, CLC should be targetable (if I recall correctly )

Did anything changed/broke with IFTAG? It does not seem to be working for me anymore

Thread Information