FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 10 of 12 First ... 89101112 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    It seems like something is not as intended when combining different damage rolls and keldisadvantage.
    So one of my players have a kineticist, and he has set up one damage roll as.
    1d6 even caster level +half con +12 bludgeoning
    1d6 odd caster level +half con +12 electricity

They where on a plane where they had keldisadvantage on them all the time (insert evil laugh here)
    When we looked into how much damage came from electricity and bludgeoning we noticed something strange.
    Damage was xd6 - number bludgeoning and xd6 + number for electricity.
    The bludgeoning did way less damage, and the static damage value from bludgeoning varied.

The total was ok, but I suspect that with keldisadvantage it counted how much less it rolled because of disadvantage and substracted that from the first damage type (which was bludgeoning).

I hope this makes sense, I have not access to my computer to screenshot this now.
    Hi

Thanks for the report Yes, I may have forgotten to emphasize this problem (but I think I mention it in the cheat sheet pdf). Indeed, the (dis)advantage effects do not work well with damage types, which is why one should only use them for damage rolls when damage types do not matter The distribution of those damage types among all the damage dice is a strange and complicated code and I could not yet wrap my head around it; there is actually a similar problem in 5e regarding this, which is why I hope that it get fixed there, because I can then take a glimpse at how it got solved there

PS: Very evil plane your players are on!
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 22nd, 2021 at 15:00.

Ah, that explains it. Thank you. It came up when the kineticits blasted his way through a wall of stone that seperated the party.
    It will happen very very rarely, so lets see if the 5e gets a fix

Ah yes, I they went to a homebrew "cthulhu plane", so I had to make them something weird. And it was a perfect opportunity to try out the keldisadvantage effect. One of my players met Cthulhu and got mythic powers from him that the other ones does not know about

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    Ah, that explains it. Thank you. It came up when the kineticits blasted his way through a wall of stone that seperated the party.
    It will happen very very rarely, so lets see if the 5e gets a fix

Ah yes, I they went to a homebrew "cthulhu plane", so I had to make them something weird. And it was a perfect opportunity to try out the keldisadvantage effect. One of my players met Cthulhu and got mythic powers from him that the other ones does not know about
    Cool, the Cthulhu plane sounds like fun, and a nice way to introduce mythic powers

This extension got now finally updated nodex will now ignore grappled in PF1, and I was asked to incorporate DCrumb's stuff from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ier&highlight=, but I did it in my own way:

D X {other tag} X ∈ {1,...,9} (if none, it will assume X = 1). The
    other tag will get divided by X.
    For example ATK: [D4STR]; additional attack mod
    given by the strength mod divided by 4
    {other tag} X X any non-negative total number (also more than one
    digit possible). The other tag cannot be bigger than
    X then; this operation is after all multiplications but before a sign change

One can also now combine numbers with the letter tags like in [H3STR]; first the letter, then the number, as for the new D tag from above. In that way we do not need a letter for every possible number with which we want to divide

For example: [-D5STR2] divides the STR mod first by 5, then takes the smaller of this result and 2, and then it changes the sign

DCrumb also had a minimum number; as you see I only added a maximum number. This is simply due to that in my opinion the minimum number of spells is usually just the initial value (using typical formulas) of a caster at the earliest possible time they get that spell. So, it should normally not be needed to check for a minimal value. (otherwise the caster may not have any progression in that spell, even if there is a progress by the given formula; spell are normally not designed like that. Thence, I omitted that) But if you have any example for where you really need the minimum, then let me know (okay, there are penalties for example, but the minimal value is normally just for CL stuff; and if the CL is too low, then you can't cast the spell anyway )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 26th, 2021 at 12:05.

Would it be possible to have a maximum value? Like in several spells where it goes up with the CL then caps at a certain value. ex: barkskin or divine favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoredran View Post
    Would it be possible to have a maximum value? Like in several spells where it goes up with the CL then caps at a certain value. ex: barkskin or divine favor.
    yes, that is the second feature listed above Normally all the UI elements of FG allow setting a maximum; so, the feature from above is for the maximum of effect tags So, for example AC: [CL5] would give an AC bonus equals the CL but with maximum 5

This does not appear to work if their is any text after the calculation.

I.E.
    'Barkskin;AC:[D3CL]' works correctly. It calculates the AC modifier and applies it to the Combat Tracker.
    'Barkskin;AC:[D3CL] natural' does not work. It does not calculate the modifier. It posts the effect text to the Combat tracker

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dllewell; May 16th, 2021 at 03:51.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    This does not appear to work if their is any text after the calculation.

I.E.
    'Barkskin;AC:[D3CL]' works correctly. It calculates the AC modifier and applies it to the Combat Tracker.
    'Barkskin;AC:[D3CL] natural' does not work. It does not calculate the modifier. It posts the effect text to the Combat tracker

You need to make a comma before the natural as in [D3CL], natural I think this is always the case actually also for [HCL] etc., also without my extension (that is why I normally use commas even if the standard effects work without; just to get used to it )

EDIT: Oh, and also use a lower d, not an upper one; I changed that recently, so [d3CL] (maybe then it already works, and I remember the stuff with the comma wrongly ) Though if the first one was the same without natural, then you should update the extension the upper D was conflicting with DEX

EDIT2: I just tested and the missing comma is the culprit So, the first edit is just a notice for you that you may have an old version
    Last edited by Kelrugem; May 16th, 2021 at 12:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    You need to make a comma before the natural as in [D3CL], natural I think this is always the case actually also for [HCL] etc., also without my extension (that is why I normally use commas even if the standard effects work without; just to get used to it )

EDIT: Oh, and also use a lower d, not an upper one; I changed that recently, so [d3CL] (maybe then it already works, and I remember the stuff with the comma wrongly ) Though if the first one was the same without natural, then you should update the extension the upper D was conflicting with DEX

EDIT2: I just tested and the missing comma is the culprit So, the first edit is just a notice for you that you may have an old version
    Oh boy. I am batting negative 1000 today. Thank you Kelrugem.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Oh boy. I am batting negative 1000 today. Thank you Kelrugem.
    hehe, no worries You're welcome

Thread Information