DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Effects

Effects

Folks,

Very open to suggestions on this. Traveller is quite open in places (like when fatigue comes into effect) and as such there's no fixed list of effects like in DnD/WOiN.

So can we build up a list of effects and what those effects do.

I'll then add it into the next update.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Maybe use effects for handling different gravities, atmosphere and radioactive contaminated areas.
    PC in my group was preparing to climb mount salbari in the High and dry adventure.
    Some PC where heavily encumbered when all equipment, spareparts and food was added. Then someone pointed out that the gravity is only 0.45G.
    Would be nice to be to have a effect where you can add planets size and it re calculates the encumbrance using the new gravity for the PC
    Last edited by Boldtaar; April 17th, 2020 at 23:08.

Fire, Poison, Acid and such come to my mind instantly. Fear would be an interesting one, maybe together with the sanity characteristic from Companion

Atm I create the effect I wanna use and add it to the pc in the ct. Then I roll the effect each round manually and add the i.e. damage of poison manually in the ct.
    Some automation would be nice here.

I think that a damage over time (with variable damage types) would be a good effect to have. It would also be useful for disease and poison which require checks over time. Zero-G would be a good one. Depressurize (For instance in a Vacc suit that has been compromised).

Leadership and Tactics could be used as effects.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I think that a damage over time (with variable damage types) would be a good effect to have. It would also be useful for disease and poison which require checks over time. Zero-G would be a good one. Depressurize (For instance in a Vacc suit that has been compromised).
    With CSC giving us fire, which is a DoT I think it might be time to plug an effects system in and start to add some basic effects.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Leadership and Tactics could be used as effects.
    Not sure how that could work, you saying (for example) drag Leadership effect to a group of characters (that bit is fine) and it expires that round, or drag the effect onto the char with Leadership and at the start of each round it makes the roll and applies the effect to the group, though what happens is two characters have the effect?

Cheers,
    MBM

So for leadership the effect could be a grant counter. For instance when the player makes a roll then a counter that equals the successes would be applied to self. Each time they grant a boon the counter would decrement (or be decremented by the player if easier on coding).

For tactics the adjustment could be applied to the appropriate side as an effect to increase initiative. I suppose it could be added to the combat tracker initiative modifier but that risks being accidentally overwritten.

So for leadership the effect could be a grant counter. For instance when the player makes a roll then a counter that equals the successes would be applied to self. Each time they grant a boon the counter would decrement (or be decremented by the player if easier on coding).

For tactics the adjustment could be applied to the appropriate side as an effect to increase initiative. I suppose it could be added to the combat tracker initiative modifier but that risks being accidentally overwritten.
    Well even reading that makes me think it really needs to be properly thought about and implemented as a working thing rather than half baked (does that make sense).

First job is to add Effects, and add Fatigue and Unconcious to start, then add more and more over time.

Cheers,
    MBM

Are the default Effect just flags to help the GM keep of affects, or is there any automation behind them?

Would be nice to have a tooltip popup with a description on the effect and a field to add some description text when creating s custom effects.
    Im adding Altitude sickness I-III Effect for my next High n Dry adventure

Thread Information