FG Spreadshirt Swag

Warning for hand-XMLers -> <investigation> in SWD module is tagged as <research>

Must have slipped from SWADE. The <name> is still "Investigation" as is the text content but I was confused everytime I was checking the skill links clicking on my PreGens that it was not finding it.

I fixed by changing it to reference.skills.research@SW Deluxe Player Guide (previously failing with reference.skills.investigation@SW Deluxe Player Guide)

This is no big as everything calls it right - just a heads up for those that might be writing XML directly to not use the skills name in this case.

EDIT: Was just told by a PF1 expert (lol but true) that this is likier because it WAS research in the first edition ... heheh
    Last edited by Varsuuk; June 17th, 2020 at 06:09.

The reason is backward compatibility with SWADE. There are few other cases where nodename does not match record name because they were renamed in SWADE. For instance Noble Edge has <aristocrat> nodename. This was done to minimize broken links between SWADE and SWD.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Yuppers, I realized that when heard the Orig edition thing. Just figured worth pointing out to watch for that sort of thing if doing XML by hand.

I'll eventually use the cool tools for stuff - but want to get comfortable ground up on first mini project at least.

Thread Information