STAR TREK 2d20

50 Fathoms - Problem in setup for Fantasy Grounds?

First, thank you to the person that put 50 Fathoms on Fantasy Grounds. I am looking forward to moving our paper game into FGU, and having the book already there is a big help. The items below are really minor and are not going to stop us from enjoying all the work it took to get FGU and 50 Fathoms working.

I am not sure where to post this, so thought I would start here. I have been converting our in-flight 50 fathoms characters into Fantasy Grounds Unity using the newest Savage Worlds Rule set and the the 50 Fathoms rule sets. I have done the module loads for both the GM and Player handbooks for the most current version, and shared the player handbooks for both. I am not running any extensions at this time. Fantasy Grounds Unity has been installed on my computer less than a week, and I have not used Fantasy Grounds Classic. I have already used the Update button to get everything updated to the most current versions. Hopefully, that gives enough background.

When creating characters for 50 Fathoms, I have run into the following items:
    -- In the description for the Kraken Bone Sword and Armor edge (50 Fathoms book), it lists the damage for the sword as Str + 4. In the current physical rule book, it is Str + d10.
    -- The Two Barrel Pistol, when added from the Items section to a player's weapon tab, lists Reload 3. Based on the book, it should take twice as long to reload, so should be Reload 6.
    -- The Fighter racial on Red Men acts weirdly. Player characters that have this edge on and that make a targeted melee attack always roll 2d6. Even if their fighting is a d12, they will roll a 2d6 instead. It shows this [Fighting =2d], which I think was suppose to let the character sheet start with a d6 in fighting.

I was able to manually update and get around all the above items. I am mostly just posting it to the Forum in case it helps others or in the off chance that someone is able to update the 50 Fathoms books in the store.

One thing I can't find is the "Show Results to Clients" in the options menu. I was hoping to use that option to prevent Parry and Toughness from displaying to the players in the chat log. I am ok with them seeing miss, hit, and raise, but want to hide the actual stat value so that there is some mystery in how well they need to roll to hit.

I've forwarded to the DLC developer for that product.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by caballan View Post
    -- In the description for the Kraken Bone Sword and Armor edge (50 Fathoms book), it lists the damage for the sword as Str + 4. In the current physical rule book, it is Str + d10.
    This would be left over from the original conversion (pre-SWEX), so it has been like that for over a decade and no-one noticed until now.... Will fix it.
    -- The Two Barrel Pistol, when added from the Items section to a player's weapon tab, lists Reload 3. Based on the book, it should take twice as long to reload, so should be Reload 6.
    I disagree Reload should not be 6, what if I only fire one barrel, it should be 3 per barrel. As you can fire a single barrel with it.
    -- The Fighter racial on Red Men acts weirdly. Player characters that have this edge on and that make a targeted melee attack always roll 2d6. Even if their fighting is a d12, they will roll a 2d6 instead. It shows this [Fighting =2d], which I think was suppose to let the character sheet start with a d6 in fighting.
    Yep, borked, I remove it.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thank you both for the responses!

Thread Information