Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Need a bit of help with Paizo subscription regarding how it affects stuff here.

Greetings FG folks,

I really wanted to sub for the Pathfinder 2 adventure path stuff starting with the Age of Ashes stuff > Hellknight Hill. The only products I wanted was the P2 material. I did not want any P1 stuff. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it keeps defaulting to the P1 stuff.

So what is my advantage again if I get a sub? What if I just buy the Module at regular price from there? Would I still get the PDF here? What is the reason why I want the PDF? If I purchase the module from here is it the same functionality as if I import the pdf?

On that note one last question. I have my hard cover book finally and my Bestiary. I am going to sub for Ultimate until the Unity engine is ready.

To play with as much automation as possible for a P2 game what books/dlc should I have?

Do I need the full 60 dollar P2 book purchased and downloaded here and if I do why?

I can completely understand why I need to purchase the Bestiary here (for tokens and adventure creation I imagine its invaluable). Is it available?

Again thanks for all of you helping me with my questions!

So, we're talking about the Paizo Pathfinder Adventure Path subscription - just so we're all on the same page.

From the subscription page at Paizo, you should be able to pick Hellknight Hill as your starting product - click the "Start with this product button". Go here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy7xpn?...h-Subscription If that doesn't work for you, then I suggest you contact Paizo customer support.

What are the advantages of the subscription? As has been mentioned in one of your threads elsewhere - you get the physical product at a reduced rate *and* the PDF for free.

What does the PDF do for you as far as Fantasy Grounds is concerned? It will reduce the price of the purchase of the same product in Fantasy Grounds by the cost of the PDF.

If you don't have the PDF when you purchase a product from FG then you will pay full cost, and get the PDF as part of that purchase (PDF delivered via the Paizo website).

If you want to play Pathfinder Second Edition with automation (i.e not enter all of the details manually - which will take a while) then you'll need the Core Rule module.

The Bestiary will not be available until the end of August/Beginning of September. There is a community OGL module being products - see the Pathfinder 2.0 forum.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Trenloe,

This is very helpful. Thank you. What my issue is, is that every time I 'check' the dot for the Hellknight Hill, when i get to 'check out' the module is defaulting to the top one which is P1 stuff prior to Hellknight.

I am going to end up paying full price here for the Paizo module (and core rule book) and an Ultimate sub.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    What my issue is, is that every time I 'check' the dot for the Hellknight Hill, when i get to 'check out' the module is defaulting to the top one which is P1 stuff prior to Hellknight.
    The website says you should be able to change your starting product during the checkout process. But, like I said, if you’re having issues with Paizo website you should get in touch with Paizo customer service. Check their customer service forum first, because if this is a common issues it’s more than likely already been mentioned and there might be details of a workaround or ETA of a fix.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I can completely understand why I need to purchase the Bestiary here (for tokens and adventure creation I imagine its invaluable).
    Also just for future reference, all Adventure DLC for all rulesets already contain art and tokens for creatures (assuming art was provided by the publisher in the printed release that is) so the main benefit to owning a bestiary (again, for any ruleset) is if you're homebrewing your own adventures. If you only run pre-written adventures such as Paizo's APs then the bestiary wouldn't be as useful right away. Just like running the printed/PDF AP — the monster stats, etc. are included there rather than having to refer to the bestiary hardback/PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Just like running the printed/PDF AP — the monster stats, etc. are included there rather than having to refer to the bestiary hardback/PDF.
    To clarify this point. For the printed/PDF Pathfinder AP (parts 1 and 2 at least) - these Paizo products do not include standard monster stats for creatures that are in the Bestiary, the product specifically refers the reader to a page in the Bestiary.

For the FG products that have been converted so far: they include the NPC stats for all creatures - ones from within the product itself, and those that are referenced from the bestiary.

Trenloe & Talyn,

Thanks to both of you.

I do indeed fortify my adventure paths with extra player salt (see additional home brew encounters) in Paizo's AP. This tends to throw off my friends who may also purchase the AP and think they know whats coming next....

I can confirm that there is a problem over at Paizo's website. They seem to be ignoring the radio buttons for your subscription starting products, and it has affected a lot of people, including myself. I got jammed with the PF#1 Druma guide and #5 of a PF1 AP when I clearly selected the 2E material to start with.

Not sure when they will start answering emails to customer service or posts to their support forum.

Trenloe,

This is very helpful. Thank you. What my issue is, is that every time I 'check' the dot for the Hellknight Hill, when i get to 'check out' the module is defaulting to the top one which is P1 stuff prior to Hellknight.

I am going to end up paying full price here for the Paizo module (and core rule book) and an Ultimate sub.

Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    Can confirm. I've tried for several days now on different computers and different browsers. It's dead-set on starting my subscription with Planar Adventures (PF1) instead of the PF2 Core Rulebook. Unless they sort things out, I guess I'll just wait til the GMG comes out, that way they'll have three PF2 books to fill the choices with.

Regarding the Action Packs. The only reason to order from Paizo is if I want the hardcopies. From there I get a 'discount' if I purchase the AP via the subscription model, here.

I still need to purchase the AP here if i want functionality and to save time entering the data myself. Again if I want the hard copy then go via Paizo. If I don't care about the hard copy and happy with only the PDF but want it here as a module then FG is the way to go.

Is this correct?

Thread Information