DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Any Tokens Yet?

Any Tokens Yet?

Been searching through the forums and it seems all the posts about tokens for CoC are all a couple years old. I've seen the Pulp tokens from Greg Bruni, and those take care of the human folks, but I am specifically looking for mythos creature tokens. Would also like some more human ones, but that's secondary to the creatures.

Do you mean like the top down token? Of just a head. I just Find a picture that suits and use Windows Sniping tool to draw a square around the head or whatever and then I copy it to the clip board drop it into Paint.net and resize it to 80x80 and save it to the tokens folder.

(you dont even have to do the resizing bit, as FG will do it; But it is better to do it as FG doesn't actually change the size of it, just the view of it so it still takes more more memory)
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Welcome to the FG forums Nephanor.

There are some token modules that come with FG (top down style). Have you opened those token modules (from the token window) and looked through those?

There are also many token modules available in the FG store.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Do you mean like the top down token?
    Exactly. While I don't mind portrait tokens, I prefer the top down look, like it's actual miniatures. Heck, if FG ever went to isometric, and allowed 3D model tokens, I think I would be be in heaven. Can you imagine having characters limited to the sight from their respective tokens, and each player seeing the others? That would be REALLY cool, but yeah, not something I expect from basically a tabletop simulator. This is why top down works the best for me. Not only can you show the direction the figure is facing, you can get an idea of scale. Think of an investigator coming upon a dark young. A simple picture wouldn't do it justice to get the scale. Showing the token as taking up several boxes from above, would definitely help with scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums Nephanor.

There are some token modules that come with FG (top down style). Have you opened those token modules (from the token window) and looked through those?

There are also many token modules available in the FG store.
    Thanks, and yeah, I looked through all the token modules, and even through the ones that came with the content I bought, and there's a distinct lack of top down cthulhu beasties. There is ONE that I've seen for token packs with mythos creatures from top down (from previously mentioned Greg Bruni, who's not even in the FG store, but is on Roll 20 and Drive Thru RPG) but no others. I would like to see more like that, or if Devin Night would make some, he's got a good style. His undead ones would serve to fill the gap for SOME creatures, but there's a lot of mythos specific ones which are lacking. Honestly, would love to see some created. Call of Cthulhu is such an underrated game.

Thread Information