Page 21 of 27 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
  1. #201
    In the Hellknight hill ap, the maps grid for tokens is completely off from what the ap pdf has set up, would be nice to have the grid version pdf maps instead of the non grid version from the interactive mapset, is there a quick and easy way to fix these grids? Especially for the council meeting room, I've tried to adjust the grid myself with no luck.

  2. #202
    Hi Aaronw2196,

    As a matter of practice I use the non-grid versions. While it might not be a problem now other than for the occasional GM who wants to resize a map (having pre-defined lines into the graphic itself would render this GM's map a mess if there were a second set of grid lines), it may be a potential problem for when Unity is released. Unity will allow for a bit more customization of grid lines (changing the color of the grid lines or making them invisible so you can move tokens without seeing the lines). If the maps used maps that had grid lines built into them, this would essentially take away these options for everyone. For instance, a GM might want an only slightly visible yellow grid line. It would be overlayed on top of a prominent black grid line built into the graphic, thus eliminating this user's wishes.

    I am making an update to Hellknight Hill and in the process I have re-tooled the map grids for you. This will likely go out in the next Tuesday update.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

    Timezone: US Pacific Time
    Ultimate License Holder

  3. #203
    Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Hi Aaronw2196,

    As a matter of practice I use the non-grid versions. While it might not be a problem now other than for the occasional GM who wants to resize a map (having pre-defined lines into the graphic itself would render this GM's map a mess if there were a second set of grid lines), it may be a potential problem for when Unity is released. Unity will allow for a bit more customization of grid lines (changing the color of the grid lines or making them invisible so you can move tokens without seeing the lines). If the maps used maps that had grid lines built into them, this would essentially take away these options for everyone. For instance, a GM might want an only slightly visible yellow grid line. It would be overlayed on top of a prominent black grid line built into the graphic, thus eliminating this user's wishes.

    I am making an update to Hellknight Hill and in the process I have re-tooled the map grids for you. This will likely go out in the next Tuesday update.
    Thanks for the reply! My only real huge problem is that grid being offset, thanks for working on it! I'm not bothered much by not having the paizo grid map, I can easily import that myself, this is the first adventure I have bought from FG, so still testing things out.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronw2196 View Post
    Thanks for the reply! My only real huge problem is that grid being offset, thanks for working on it! I'm not bothered much by not having the paizo grid map, I can easily import that myself, this is the first adventure I have bought from FG, so still testing things out.
    You know you can move the grid around on the any map without redrawing it right? Just curious - apparently many people don't know you can adjust it.

  5. #205
    I have fixed the grid lines to be closer to the PDF. Converting to PDF to digital may mean that they may not be 100% exact but it's close enough that I cannot tell (within a small number of pixels). I checked in the changes and the fix will likely come out during the standard Tuesday update.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

    Timezone: US Pacific Time
    Ultimate License Holder

  6. #206
    To expand on Ckorik's comment about adjusting gridlines, see the graphic I created below...

    Note: I threw this together in a few minutes so please forgive the lack of professional quality.

    Map Grid Line Adjustments.jpg

    In order to adjust the grid lines, you need to unlock the image record (#1). Once you do, there is a grid symbol (#2). Click that to expand the grid line tools. You can move the lines left or right with the arrows (#3). Finally, you can make the squares bigger or smaller with the plus/minus buttons (#4).

    Hopefully this helps.

    -Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

    Timezone: US Pacific Time
    Ultimate License Holder

  7. #207
    I tried doing that but every time i got one part of the map aligned almost perfectly, other parts of the map where screwed up and it was becoming increasingly annoying every time i messed with the grid, thank you though for changing the default grid, I know someone else in the discord was having this problem to.

  8. #208
    Also since i have this threads attention, is there a place where you guys post the update notes? I've always been curious what you guys release with every update!

  9. #209
    Trenloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Denver, Colorado, USA (for a bit)
    Posts
    24,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronw2196 View Post
    Also since i have this threads attention, is there a place where you guys post the update notes? I've always been curious what you guys release with every update!
    The City Hall subform update thread (usually each Tuesday) has the changes listed.
    FG Con 15 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Nov. 8-10, 2019
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

  10. #210
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The City Hall subform update thread (usually each Tuesday) has the changes listed.
    Thanks! I very appreciate all of your guys hard work on making this available for everyone! FG is definitely my favorite virtual tabletop to play on!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in