DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 46 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    adding background 'field medic' resulted in !!! Failed to add Background Feat 'Battle Medic' to " - Feat record not found - the feat is called 'Battle Medicine' so I think this is just a typo in the logic.

Going to agree with the previous posters - the +++ is workable - but it would be super nice if they were in a *separate window* with even a checklist you could 'click' to validate to yourself that it was done

Quote Originally Posted by Ckorik View Post
    adding background 'field medic' resulted in !!! Failed to add Background Feat 'Battle Medic' to " - Feat record not found - the feat is called 'Battle Medicine' so I think this is just a typo in the logic.
    I could have sworn that was fixed in the last release. Obviously not. This was logged as CR2.024.

Thanks for reporting - this *will* be fixed in the next release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep - v3.3.8 (PF2 release 2) so to the best of my knowledge it's up to date. Given Paizo's commitment to clerics requiring deities - and the mechanics behind them - is there any thought to having this as a 'category' like spells or abilities - would make it easy to reference on character building and ease plugging in additions as they come - PF1 ended up with ... a huge list and I feel like that trend will continue.

Given Paizo's commitment to clerics requiring deities - and the mechanics behind them - is there any thought to having this as a 'category' like spells or abilities - would make it easy to reference on character building and ease plugging in additions as they come - PF1 ended up with ... a huge list and I feel like that trend will continue.
    I'm waiting until I see Lost Omens Gods & Magic before I make any decisions on what I'm going to do about that.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yep - v3.3.8 (PF2 release 2) so to the best of my knowledge it's up to date.
    That's the base ruleset version, not the version of the Core Rules module data. You can get the data version from the Core Rules reference manual -> Credits and Legal -> Module Versioning.

Version 1.02 release aug 6th 2019 - I bought and downloaded this morning.

When modifying the attack action for a spell (example: Divine cantrip - divine lance - ranged spell attack) there is no 'spell attack' mod - the 'Base' is being determined by something I can't quite figure out - as it resulted in a +5 for a ranged attack (dex +2, ranged bonus +2) - my spell attack was a +7. Spell attack seems common enough the attack type should be present. This is just a minor thing at the moment as you can work around it with static bonuses.

When modifying the attack action for a spell (example: Divine cantrip - divine lance - ranged spell attack) there is no 'spell attack' mod - the 'Base' is being determined by something I can't quite figure out - as it resulted in a +5 for a ranged attack (dex +2, ranged bonus +2) - my spell attack was a +7.
    Open up the Spell/Ability use window for the spell attack (click the magnifying glass) and set the "Attack Type" to ranged and the "Stat" to your casting stat. The attack will then use your casting state bonus and the proficiency bonus from your spell roll section (in the header of the spell section).

At some point I'll change the M Touch and R Touch attack types to be Spell Melee and Spell Ranged attacks which will use the modifiers from the spell header. For now, do as described above.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Revisiting this after I've done a little reading.

Innate spells aren't handled any differently than other spells in Fantasy Grounds. Just add a new spell section to the actions tab of your character and populate the relevant data. This is something you'll need to do manually if you select an Ancestry Heritage that has innate spells (e.g Seer Elf, Fey-Touched Gnome or Wellspring Gnome).
    For both of these, I feel that the answer shouldn't be "there is a way to hack it in".

I get that there are workarounds. However, a workaround creates confusion instead of clarity.

I found a way to hack in my innate cantrip using one of the existing set-ups. But when trying to create my character it was confusing trying to decide which was the way to do it.

The same with alchemy formulas. Just because there's a way to "push" it in, doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a natural place for it.

Thread Information