FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 80 of 89 First ... 30707879808182 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    I think this is a ruleset issue:

One of my players attempted to say something in Shadowtongue and the chat gives the error "Received non-campaign chat language [Language = ShadowTongue]".

Capitalization issue perhaps?
    The ruleset uses Shadowtongue - did the player have it entered on their PC as ShadowTongue? If so, they should change it to Shadowtongue.

The PF2 ruleset uses the base CoreRPG language code and for efficiency, that uses the language name as the index to the language list - so the name used on the PC sheet must exactly match the campaign language list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The ruleset uses Shadowtongue - did the player have it entered on their PC as ShadowTongue? If so, they should change it to Shadowtongue.

The PF2 ruleset uses the base CoreRPG language code and for efficiency, that uses the language name as the index to the language list - so the name used on the PC sheet must exactly match the campaign language list.
    You are exactly right. I saw the capital T and assumed it was a capitalization issue, but I didn't realize how the dropdown list is populated for players, so I didn't think to check their character sheet. Sorry!

I have a question/request: would it be possible to add a button in the encounter window to show the token placement on the map until the window gets closed again? I'm currently running Age of Ashes and since we have 5 players I need to adjust the encounters, but while adding more enemies I don't know where the other enemies have been placed so I have to either replace them all or guess where the creator of the module has placed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    I have a question/request: would it be possible to add a button in the encounter window to show the token placement on the map until the window gets closed again? I'm currently running Age of Ashes and since we have 5 players I need to adjust the encounters, but while adding more enemies I don't know where the other enemies have been placed so I have to either replace them all or guess where the creator of the module has placed them.
    This functionality is within CoreRPG. So please add your request to the FG wishlist.

As a work around, you could apply the encounter to the CT/Map - the tokens won't be seen by the players as initially their visibility setting will be hidden. Then you can add to the encounter knowing where the pre-placement of existing tokens is. If you're not going to use the encounter immediately, you can delete the original entries from the CT; but if you're going to use the encounter immediately you can either manually add the extra creatures to the CT then map, or delete the original creatures from the CT and re-deploy to the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This functionality is within CoreRPG. So please add your request to the FG wishlist.
    Okay, done. Thanks for the reply
    Last edited by Montis; March 1st, 2023 at 12:02.

Hey guys, just a little question: am i right in the assumption that the apply all effects button is only able to apply effects to a target that has a savestate result? What im trying to do is a spell that applies custom tags to the caster (self) depending on success grade of the target to give the target corresponding effects on attacking the original caster, quite similar to the Draw Ire spell.
    Switching the target of the effect to self makes it apply to the savestate target nonetheless and tooltips indicate thats how it works atm and i can't seem to find a detailed description for this function in the manual aside from a short mention of it in the NPC automation section.

Am i missing something or is this the way it works atm?

And thank you guys for putting your efforts and love into this. My table appreciates it very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Angahith View Post
    Hey guys, just a little question: am i right in the assumption that the apply all effects button is only able to apply effects to a target that has a savestate result? What im trying to do is a spell that applies custom tags to the caster (self) depending on success grade of the target to give the target corresponding effects on attacking the original caster, quite similar to the Draw Ire spell.
    Switching the target of the effect to self makes it apply to the savestate target nonetheless and tooltips indicate thats how it works atm and i can't seem to find a detailed description for this function in the manual aside from a short mention of it in the NPC automation section.

Am i missing something or is this the way it works atm?

And thank you guys for putting your efforts and love into this. My table appreciates it very much!
    Correct, the ApplyAllEffects button, and the associated result states, only apply to targets with a save result in the current release. Release 19 has additional code to cater for "self" targeting, but I don't know if it would still be able to do what you want to do.

Alright, cool. Thank you very much for your quick reply!
    Im really looking forwards to Release 19 btw looking great.

Today we noticed that Immunities are case-sensitive. So our fighter's "Acid" axe did damage to a golem with "acid" immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Today we noticed that Immunities are case-sensitive. So our fighter's "Acid" axe did damage to a golem with "acid" immunity.
    There are, honestly, a LOT of things in the ruleset that are weirdly case sensitive and maybe shouldn't be.

Thread Information