FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 48 of 89 First ... 38464748495058 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by tcrossbar View Post
    This is an excellent question! When I pick up the Bestiary should I just start dragging SR’s spell actions over per beasty, or will automation be more under the hood?
    Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Exactly my point... i don't want to lose all that work if there's something better comming up.
    We will definitely be attacking the automation here over time. It's really difficult to say how long this process will take, so my suggestion is to simply take what you need (from my Bestiary) for specific creatures you are using so you don't have to expend too much energy setting up a complete Bestiary with all of my spell-tab tools.

Eventually, the goal is to make my Bestiary obsolete for anyone who purchases the official one from the store.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Does the "Attack: Fumble/Crit table" option do anything? Currently I am using the corresponding cards, but I would very much prefer to have this done automatically via FG.

I also noticed that the "CT: NPC hit points" option is not used for PF2, so it likely could be removed?

Something I noticed when gaming last night, since PF2e rules on Critical Success is on a sliding scale, a Nat 20 on an attack roll isn't always a Critical Hit for double damage, but PF 2e ruleset still treats it as such. For example, last night someone decided to use their third attack (-10 MAP), and rolled a Nat 20. Their total result was a 16, and the monster's AC was a 19. By rolling a nat 20, they get 1 degree of success better, so instead of a miss, it's a hit(yay 20) but FG makes it an auto critical success and auto doubles damage on the next damage roll.

Not sure if its possible to really change that, I just had him roll damage untargeted then roll again a normal attack (since there's still the issue of rolling double dice instead of just doubling damage so couldn't just half it, and he had a deadly weapon so there were extra bonus die on there that I need to rework the effect on since I didn't realize DMG: xDx critical would double that bonus die as well, but that's my bad) Maybe there's already a way to turn a critical into a normal roll in FG under the modifiers section (I know there's a button making a normal roll to critical, and a button for halfing damage (but that doesn't work due to double dice not double roll), so not sure what a good solution is.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBayard View Post
    Something I noticed when gaming last night, since PF2e rules on Critical Success is on a sliding scale, a Nat 20 on an attack roll isn't always a Critical Hit for double damage, but PF 2e ruleset still treats it as such. For example, last night someone decided to use their third attack (-10 MAP), and rolled a Nat 20. Their total result was a 16, and the monster's AC was a 19. By rolling a nat 20, they get 1 degree of success better, so instead of a miss, it's a hit(yay 20) but FG makes it an auto critical success and auto doubles damage on the next damage roll.

Not sure if its possible to really change that, I just had him roll damage untargeted then roll again a normal attack (since there's still the issue of rolling double dice instead of just doubling damage so couldn't just half it, and he had a deadly weapon so there were extra bonus die on there that I need to rework the effect on since I didn't realize DMG: xDx critical would double that bonus die as well, but that's my bad) Maybe there's already a way to turn a critical into a normal roll in FG under the modifiers section (I know there's a button making a normal roll to critical, and a button for halfing damage (but that doesn't work due to double dice not double roll), so not sure what a good solution is.
    I can't recreate. The code definitely should check for that, but I'm not ruling out some edge case that isn't working.

Could you provide a screenshot of the chat window immediately after loading your campaign - so I can see the versions of what's loaded.

Could you also recreate the issue please, and provide screenshots showing it occurring please? You can easily recreate it by using the manual dice entry window - turn on the campaign option "Dice: Manual Entry".
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ah ha! It's a different issue, you are right, I was not able to recreate it, then I remembered he had his Hunt Prey and as a Ranger using his Flurry with a ATK: 4 effect (for a total of -6 not -10). It did not display the total as a 20, it still displayed the total as 16 but properly knew it was a critical hit because he got a 20 from the effect.

So, it did calculate on the backend properly, but it displayed the wrong total number which is why I thought it was doing it wrong.

FGU-Test.PNG

I was looking at the big number not the small number in the results line, because I am dumb, even after using FG for years and knowing that those added effects show on the final result not the larger rolled numbers...

Actually, i've noticed it a couple times. Some background calculations are not visible, and can be really confusing. Same exact thing happened to me with Hunt Prey.

In our chat window the true result is shown right after the attack text:

"[ATTACK #2 (M)] Rapier [MODEX] [20] -> [at Large Beast 12] [EFFECTS +2] [HIT]"

So while the dice result shows as 18 only, the number in square brackets includes that "[EFFECTS +2]" part in its sum (hunt prey flurry second attack).

Apologies if this is been asked before, but could we get ability classes, similar to spell and focus classes? Able to track uses of abilities within ability classes (x uses / day, y use per hour, etc) would also be very useful.

Thanks, Roy

Quote Originally Posted by rtrm View Post
    Apologies if this is been asked before, but could we get ability classes, similar to spell and focus classes? Able to track uses of abilities within ability classes (x uses / day, y use per hour, etc) would also be very useful.
    You can do this now - just create a spell class and adjust the spells per level as necessary. Ignore the fact that it says "spells" and use it as a repository for abilities and actions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information