DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 47 of 89 First ... 37454647484957 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Matters little to me as it was easy to fix in an extension.
    Have you shared that extension anywhere?

I’d be interested in seeing what you’ve done. It’s not just as simple as rolling the damage and doubling it - different damage types have to be handled as exceptions, some dice aren't doubled, etc..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quick couple of things.

I watched the preview video to see if anything was added with the bestiary. From my testings in program.

- Abilities aren't automated like the video says (dragon's breath is an example where it doesn't automate DCs or damage) [about 15minutes into the video]

- Traits cannot be dragged onto NPCs like the video says (nothing happens, fresh or duplicated) [about 4 minutes into the video]

Not sure if this was miscommunication or if something was left out of the ruleset update that is coming soon, but figured it was worth mentioning in case you start receiving complaints from people who watched it .

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Have you shared that extension anywhere?

I’d be interested in seeing what you’ve done. It’s not just as simple as rolling the damage and doubling it - different damage types have to be handled as exceptions, some dice aren't doubled, etc..
    Sure , it will have to wait till I am back home (fifo) but you can see my nasty hacks -laughs-

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Quick couple of things.

I watched the preview video to see if anything was added with the bestiary. From my testings in program.

- Abilities aren't automated like the video says (dragon's breath is an example where it doesn't automate DCs or damage) [about 15minutes into the video]

- Traits cannot be dragged onto NPCs like the video says (nothing happens, fresh or duplicated) [about 4 minutes into the video]

Not sure if this was miscommunication or if something was left out of the ruleset update that is coming soon, but figured it was worth mentioning in case you start receiving complaints from people who watched it .
    Unfortunately it was miscommunication and a misunderstanding of how traits work in PF2.

We are working on ability automation - the framework is now there in the ruleset (hence the change in ability format) and ShadeRaven and I are getting the automation that's possible together. It's a big task so will take a while...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Unfortunately it was miscommunication and a misunderstanding of how traits work in PF2.

We are working on ability automation - the framework is now there in the ruleset (hence the change in ability format) and ShadeRaven and I are getting the automation that's possible together. It's a big task so will take a while...
    Will ability automation be any different from the (SR) Bestiary? What should i expect of it?

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Will ability automation be any different from the (SR) Bestiary? What should i expect of it?
    This is an excellent question! When I pick up the Bestiary should I just start dragging SR’s spell actions over per beasty, or will automation be more under the hood?

Quote Originally Posted by tcrossbar View Post
    This is an excellent question! When I pick up the Bestiary should I just start dragging SR’s spell actions over per beasty, or will automation be more under the hood?
    Exactly my point... i don't want to lose all that work if there's something better comming up.

Just realised I should have used this thread to capture issues with the Ruleset.

I made a thread on an issue a while ago, but it wasn't captured in the Google Docs sheet.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-Etc-in-Lists

tl;dr - the level numbers in the list of spells / NPCs / Feats / etc. almost impossible to read, as they are a white font on a white / light grey background.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Just realised I should have used this thread to capture issues with the Ruleset.

I made a thread on an issue a while ago, but it wasn't captured in the Google Docs sheet.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-Etc-in-Lists

tl;dr - the level numbers in the list of spells / NPCs / Feats / etc. almost impossible to read, as they are a white font on a white / light grey background.

Thanks.
    Thanks for reporting and thanks for the reminder. Logged as RS2.091 and fixed in the next release.

FWIW, my players like doubling the number of dice - seeing the giant cloud of dice rain down in chat is part of the appeal for them.

Thread Information