FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 45 of 89 First ... 35434445464755 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogloth View Post
    I'm still new to this whole Fantasy Grounds thing. Are there ever patch notes for each release of a rules update? So we can see what changed and was updated and whatnot.
    Yes. They're detailed, when released, in the City Hall forum. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...p?37-City-Hall
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Welcome, Mogloth.

The patch notes for each week's release is posted in City Hall by lokiare (James Holloway). He posts the patch notes in a thread each week. Those notes are broken down by ruleset/module.

-Danny
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

I guess Trenloe beat me to it. Well, I guess that's what I get for not forcing a refresh of my browser...
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

The GRANTCA effect is redundant; everything that this effect does, the Flat-footed effect already accomplishes.

This is less an actual report and more of a pipe dream request, but having the CA effect and targeting another creature with this effect currently does not trigger any "IFT: Flat-footed" effects the attacking creature has (like a sneak attack effect, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by TheSs7SsN View Post
    The GRANTCA effect is redundant; everything that this effect does, the Flat-footed effect already accomplishes.
    Yes, in theory it is redundant, but it's left in for longer term users who may have that coded somewhere in their effects.

This is less an actual report and more of a pipe dream request, but having the CA effect and targeting another creature with this effect currently does not trigger any "IFT: Flat-footed" effects the attacking creature has (like a sneak attack effect, for instance).
    Apply Flat-Footed to the target and then use effect targeting from that target back to the source - this will only apply Flat-footed when the target is attacked by the source actor. IFT: Flat-footed on the source actor will work.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 16th, 2020 at 07:57.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I can't see how you would use the Flat-Footed condition to achieve everything the CA and GRANTCA does.

Both CA and GRANTCA require targets, which means one can be flat-footed against specific targets / specific targets be flat-footed against only them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Flat-footed condition apply a blanket bonus to everyone that is targeting the actor. This would make things like flanking very awkward, as flanking only provides the Flat-footed bonus to those who are actually doing the flanking. There are also a number of special features / feats which provide the bonus to only certain actors in certain conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I can't see how you would use the Flat-Footed condition to achieve everything GRANTCA does.

GRANTCA requires targets, which means one can be flat-footed against specific targets / specific targets be flat-footed against only them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Flat-footed condition apply a blanket bonus to everyone that is targeting the actor. This would make things like flanking very awkward, as flanking only provides the Flat-footed bonus to those who are actually doing the flanking. There are also a number of special features / feats which provide the bonus to only certain actors in certain conditions.
    GRANTCA doesn't actually require a target, and if untargeted, the effect holder is treated as flat-footed against all attackers, meaning it does actually apply a blanket bonus under normal circumstances. Additionally, the flat-footed effect actually can be targeted, and if done so, only the creatures targeted by the flat-footed effect pay attention to the effect holder's -2 circumstance penalty to AC, so it doesn't have to be a blanket bonus.

Heritages do not automatically apply their traits, like applying low-light vision for half-orc. I assume this is known, but better to report stuff than not to.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Heritages do not automatically apply their traits, like applying low-light vision for half-orc.
    Correct. That's why the chargen tracker says, in big red letters: "Manually apply features of the selected heritage...". I'd recommend you pay close attention to the message in the chargen tracker - especially the ones that are in big red letters with "+++" at the beginning - that means you have to do something manually.

Thread Information