DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 23 of 89 First ... 1321222324253373 ... Last
    I did a quick search of listed issues and didn't spot this one...

Because you pick your final 4 bonus attribute points during character creation, after the choice of class, a stat boost in say INT is not taken into account on the creation tracker for the extra mod point added, so the count of additional skills you get is wrong.

Example: Character picks Elf, scholar, wizard. Boosting INT in every step. This means the 1st level character has an INT of 18. This means that they get to pick Arcana and 6 (2+INT Mod) extra skills to be trained.
    Because the TRACKER is making this check before the final attributes are determined, it is showing pick 5 extra skills to train.

- Robert

Quote Originally Posted by rhammer2 View Post
    Because you pick your final 4 bonus attribute points during character creation, after the choice of class, a stat boost in say INT is not taken into account on the creation tracker for the extra mod point added, so the count of additional skills you get is wrong.

Example: Character picks Elf, scholar, wizard. Boosting INT in every step. This means the 1st level character has an INT of 18. This means that they get to pick Arcana and 6 (2+INT Mod) extra skills to be trained.
    Because the TRACKER is making this check before the final attributes are determined, it is showing pick 5 extra skills to train.
    I recently changed the order from the order in the playtest to the new order specified in the Core Rules. I'll make a change to the wording, and this will be covered off in a future release as there's a few things that get mentioned earlier in the process that can adjust based off boosts taken later (bonus languages, for example).

Logged as RS2.054. Thanks for reporting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Multiple damage lines on a single damage count as multiple weakness

foo.png

The goblin burn it! gives extra fire, but pretty sure it should add to the base fire damage and weakness should only count once.

I could not enter as one damage line because it needs to be 1d4+WIS+CL/2 which is not possible to enter. Even if it was possible the CL/2 is a status bonus so needed the separate line.

(For this combat they was caged and the goblin ended up cooking dinner faster than expected.)
    Last edited by yarnevk; September 14th, 2019 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by yarnevk View Post
    Multiple damage lines on a single damage count as multiple weakness

foo.png

The goblin burn it! gives extra fire, but pretty sure it should add to the base fire damage and weakness should only count once.

I could not enter as one damage line because it needs to be 1d4+WIS+CL/2 which is not possible to enter. Even if it was possible the CL/2 is a status bonus so needed the separate line.

(For this combat they was caged and the goblin ended up cooking dinner faster than expected.)
    Thanks for reporting. This is covered under RS2.050.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hey Trenloe,

In working on barbarian, there is at least one instance where a WEAK effect of ALL would be appropriate. For the duration of the rage, the barbarian takes 2 extra damage from all sources. It seems to me that just having a WEAK: 2 circumstance, all would be better than just constantly tagging 2 extra damage to foes or having damage delivered or changed of 2 where other aspects (such as resists, etc) might make it important to have all the damage combined into one delivery.

I want to say that I've seen other instances of this sort of process, but this one was right there in front of me as I worked on it. Hopefully, the code for having a weakness effect to capture everything is still easily available.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    In working on barbarian, there is at least one instance where a WEAK effect of ALL would be appropriate. For the duration of the rage, the barbarian takes 2 extra damage from all sources. It seems to me that just having a WEAK: 2 circumstance, all would be better than just constantly tagging 2 extra damage to foes or having damage delivered or changed of 2 where other aspects (such as resists, etc) might make it important to have all the damage combined into one delivery.

I want to say that I've seen other instances of this sort of process, but this one was right there in front of me as I worked on it. Hopefully, the code for having a weakness effect to capture everything is still easily available.
    I don't think that Weakness all is a good way to handle this. Weakness effects don't stack (Core Rules page 453) so if there was a higher weakness that applied to the attack, that would be applied and the weakness 2 all (in this example) would be ignored.

Can you provide an exact example please? I'd like to think this through.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't think that Weakness all is a good way to handle this. Weakness effects don't stack (Core Rules page 453) so if there was a higher weakness that applied to the attack, that would be applied and the weakness 2 all (in this example) would be ignored.

Can you provide an exact example please? I'd like to think this through.
    Sure. Yeah, I was trying to figure something out. Here's what we have:

COME AND GET ME [one-action] FEAT 10
    BARBARIAN CONCENTRATE RAGE
    You open yourself to attacks so you can respond in turn. Until your rage ends, you are flat-footed, and damage rolls against you gain a +2 circumstance bonus. If a creature hits you, that creature is flat-footed to you until the end of your next turn. If you hit it before the end of your next turn, you gain temporary Hit Points equal to your Constitution modifier, or double that on a critical hit. These temporary Hit Points last until the end of your rage.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

So for my wife's Clumsy: 1 Giant Instinct Barbarian we've been using the below text since Clumsy still isn't working on its own.

Clumsy; DEX: -2

However, in tonight's session it wasn't working on any DEX checks, AC, etc like it should. Any idea if something changed to break this, as it was working before as a workaround for the Clumsy condition.

Also noticed Dazzled doesn't apply the 5% miss chance the way the Concealed modifier does.
    Last edited by Joshmvii7; September 20th, 2019 at 02:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmvii7 View Post
    So for my wife's Clumsy: 1 Giant Instinct Barbarian we've been using the below text since Clumsy still isn't working on its own.

Clumsy; DEX: -2

However, in tonight's session it wasn't working on any DEX checks, AC, etc like it should. Any idea if something changed to break this, as it was working before as a workaround for the Clumsy condition.
    Include the bonus/penalty type - in this case status: Clumsy; DEX: -2 status

Quote Originally Posted by Joshmvii7 View Post
    Also noticed Dazzled doesn't apply the 5% miss chance the way the Concealed modifier does.
    Yep, that hasn't been programmed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Include the bonus/penalty type - in this case status: Clumsy; DEX: -2 status

Yep, that hasn't been programmed yet.
    Thanks, using status worked for the Clumsy workaround.

Are certain things working without penalty types, but others not working? I know the rage effect I have created for her works to give her -1 AC just by using AC: -1 with no penalty type.

Thread Information