FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 89 First 12341252 ... Last
    I went through character creation once last night and it generally worked ok, given all the caveats above. One point of annoyance was the Background field on the front page of the character sheet. It would be nice if there was a way to create a new Background entry. I was trying to use one of the Backgrounds from the Age of Ashes Player's Guide and it didn't seem like there was any way to manually create one. And I'm not talking about the ability score and skill automation part, just the ability to create a new window and enter the text description. The ability score and skill stuff can easily be done manually, that's not a big deal. In general, the areas where you're trying to implement drag and drop automation there should always be manual workarounds so we're not locked into using the drag/drop mechanism. This will help GMs provide Backgrounds and whatnot customized to their game without having to author a module full of drag/drop stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I went through character creation once last night and it generally worked ok, given all the caveats above. One point of annoyance was the Background field on the front page of the character sheet. It would be nice if there was a way to create a new Background entry. I was trying to use one of the Backgrounds from the Age of Ashes Player's Guide and it didn't seem like there was any way to manually create one. And I'm not talking about the ability score and skill automation part, just the ability to create a new window and enter the text description. The ability score and skill stuff can easily be done manually, that's not a big deal. In general, the areas where you're trying to implement drag and drop automation there should always be manual workarounds so we're not locked into using the drag/drop mechanism. This will help GMs provide Backgrounds and whatnot customized to their game without having to author a module full of drag/drop stuff.
    I agree that custom data should be able to be added and I've tried to make entering custom data available to the GM wherever possible.

In this specific example, you can created or copy/edit existing Backgrounds via the Backgrounds campaign data lists. Access from the top of the library window (check the option next to it to add to the sidebar). The "Other" tab in the background entry window is where you specify the drag/drop automation data.

But, you will still have to drag/drop your custom backgrounds to apply the automation. But, I don't think you're actually complaining about the drag/drop mechanism in general if there is the option to add custom data?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Correct. I didn't think about doing it that way, and that seems like a fine solution for now.

Not bad for a zero day release, Trenloe. The first character I tried making had a few glitches, but could be mostly manually adjusted to fix them.

The one thing that I had to key manually was the Martial Disciple backgrounds choice of two feats (Cat Fall or Quick Jump) - it's making calls to feats that don't exist according to the logs. Hero Lab had a similar issue and solved it by just having two different backgrounds that each add one of the two feats, so you aren't alone in having issues here. Hero Lab in general is having about the same number of problems as your ruleset, but unlike yours you can't easily work around the errors.

Really looking forward to future enhancements!

I may be a total noob, but is it correct that there is no grid yet? I understand there's a lot to do, but just want to be sure so i can stop looking.

You mean like a grid on maps? I'm pretty sure the image control is not specific to PF2. Try right-clicking on the image/map and select the option to add a grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Illrigger View Post
    Not bad for a zero day release, Trenloe. The first character I tried making had a few glitches, but could be mostly manually adjusted to fix them.

The one thing that I had to key manually was the Martial Disciple backgrounds choice of two feats (Cat Fall or Quick Jump) - it's making calls to feats that don't exist according to the logs. Hero Lab had a similar issue and solved it by just having two different backgrounds that each add one of the two feats, so you aren't alone in having issues here. Hero Lab in general is having about the same number of problems as your ruleset, but unlike yours you can't easily work around the errors.

Really looking forward to future enhancements!
    Thanks for reporting. Logged as issue CR2.008.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    @Trenloe: will the ruleset be officially supporting PFS in the character sheet? I've only given a speed-glance at the WIP PFS 2E Guide but looks like they're using an Achievement Points system in addition to the boons. I'm not quite far along in my under-the-hood studies to modify a character sheet and any Lua scripting that may or may not be needed.

Also, once it's officially released I'll be starting on the PFS 2E DLC but if you'd rather take that over (like Samarex handles the SFS Guide + ruleset) I totally understand and can request QA sign the project over to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    @Trenloe: will the ruleset be officially supporting PFS in the character sheet? I've only given a speed-glance at the WIP PFS 2E Guide but looks like they're using an Achievement Points system in addition to the boons.
    I don't have any short term plans for that. It would have to be tracked manually.

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Also, once it's officially released I'll be starting on the PFS 2E DLC but if you'd rather take that over (like Samarex handles the SFS Guide + ruleset) I totally understand and can request QA sign the project over to you.
    I already have lots on my plate so if you'd take on the PFS stuff that would be amazing! Thanks.

Looking at the CRB it says that Sorcerers get 1 Focus Point unless they pick a class feat that grants more. Looking in fantasy grounds it calculates the Focus using Charisma mod. Is this a bug or did I miss something in the book?

Thread Information