DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 89 First ... 715161718192767 ... Last
    Might be an option I'm not seeing, but throughout the rulebook it references pages as a way to look for further information. I am not seeing any page numbers. So I have to open the actual rulebook or just make guesses.

Would make it useful, practical, to, if not number the pages, then put the starting page for each section in the menu. Example: Alchemical Poisons (pg xxx), Talismans (pg xxx). That would put us in the right section. Once I've read it a few more times, it will become less an issue, but for any beginner, this is not something trivial for using FG.

EXAMPLE (shields): ...use the take cover action (page 471) <2 paragraphs down> ..rules..Bulk. See page 274 for those statistics. <next paragraph> Raise the shield action, found on page 472. <next paragraph> Shield Block feat (page 266) Rules for Hardness appear on page 272.

In 5 paragraphs, there are 5 references to rules, when a person wants to learn about 1 subject, shields. Having to guess where to look is time consuming and frustrating.
    Last edited by Segin; August 24th, 2019 at 08:35.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

It might be easier to use the pdf for studying the rules (free if you link the accounts), especially with developer time probably currently being used to fix lots of other issues. I assume the references would have to be added manually.

Yeah, use something other than FG. I already use that idea. Other items would be more beneficial to some. But the 15 minutes it would take to manually add (pg X) to the contents seems something they might offload to the junior staff, highschool student, 10 year old kid waiting for Dad to get off work, etc. So yeah, I can think of a lot of reasons my idea is bad too. But really?

It's not like having to go thru every reference in the rule book. Just the Table of Contents. What is that? 80 items? Even doing just the Main contents which is C1-C11, 11 items, would be helpful. But yes, for some reason every time I mention something on these forums, there are reasons my idea is bad (although it is usually implemented, see CnC effects for this scenario played out before).

I can't imagine why any are willing to mention something to improve the product when, in my experience, I am told it is bad when I do. So leave it without the page numbers. I know their time is way to important for this. I should have thought of that. Let people use something other than FG. More time outside of the FG product is a good thing I guess, and flipping from one medium to get the information to another medium is always a good idea I guess. My question is why have the reference document at all in FG, since as you suggest, the PDF is used for reference of rules.
    Last edited by Segin; August 24th, 2019 at 10:12.
    Signature:A past thread ended with me being vilified. I didn't explain well (I thought it obvious) and others kept rebuking my idea and it ended bad. Thus I will add explanations/screen shots/etc in all future posts to avoid confusion. /The seperation of "Saves in CnC" wherein I didn't clarify why well and no one recognized the need which frustrated. I realized my mistake to spell it out abc, but was attacked partly (imo) because a pwrdude got offended and (I admit) partly my presentation.

Hello, I have noticed that when dragging a character with the champion class on the party sheet, it does not come out that he has any class.
    bugg champion.jpg

edit: When you raise the cleric to lvl 2, the same thing happened. I use the official DLc to drag the class on the tab.
    igual.jpg
    Last edited by vyruxx; August 24th, 2019 at 12:23.

Quote Originally Posted by Segin View Post
    Might be an option I'm not seeing, but throughout the rulebook it references pages as a way to look for further information. I am not seeing any page numbers.
    See the issue tracker, issue CR2.006.

Adding some generic page numbers isn’t a bad idea. I’ll consider where I can add those. But it won’t happen for a couple of weeks as I’ll be away from my computer for 10 days and, unfortunately, this isn't something that'll take a 10 year old kid 15 minutes to do.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 24th, 2019 at 15:47.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by vyruxx View Post
    Hello, I have noticed that when dragging a character with the champion class on the party sheet, it does not come out that he has any class.
    bugg champion.jpg

edit: When you raise the cleric to lvl 2, the same thing happened. I use the official DLc to drag the class on the tab.
    igual.jpg
    Thanks for reporting. Logged as ruleset issue RS2.044 and fixed in next release.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 24th, 2019 at 16:48.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Do you think adding page numbers to the book or changing all the page number references to page name references is better?
    Its on my list to do...

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Do you think adding page numbers to the book or changing all the page number references to page name references is better?
    I think that the long term goal should be for page references to be links to the actual record. This is obviously a lot of work, but should be the end goal.

As a way of providing access to page numbers (with less work, but still not short), I'm looking at a way of adding page references to the PAR5E text that can then be used to search the reference manual...

Seems like a lot of work to add a link for each reference, but if you wanted to add that as an end goal, more power to you guys. That would be cool. Myself, I'm not sure the work to benefit ratio would be high enough for me, myself, to do it if I was in your shoes. The example in my original post shows 5 potential links in 5 paragraphs. That's a lot.

Just a change in the content Titles to include Page XXX (like Focus Spells - pg 111 for example), would be enough for my purposes. That would put people in the right spot which is a great help.

I can't imagine it being tough, but I'm not a coder. I have no clue what it entails to change typos/word phrasing. The payoff versus work involved seems like it would be a very worthwhile time spent session. But the idea you have may be more than just changing the phrasing of the Titles, so I understand that I understand little.

(My 10 year old daughter is wicked smart, btw.)

As far as time frame, it isn't something urgent, but knowing it is being looked at is sweet. Enjoy your 10 day's of fun.
    Last edited by Segin; August 24th, 2019 at 21:24.

I just noticed that shield block doesn't reset when the character's turn comes back around. Since this is an action that is required each turn to keep it on, that means that that fairly well hidden button leaves them with a persistent +2 AC if they or I don't notice. Shouldn't it reset at the beginning of the turn?

Thread Information