DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 65 of 89 First ... 1555636465666775 ... Last
    I am not 100% sure if this is the correct place to put this but Goblin and Hobgoblin have access to each other's ancestry feats although the should only have their own.

Quote Originally Posted by CSManiac33 View Post
    I am not 100% sure if this is the correct place to put this but Goblin and Hobgoblin have access to each other's ancestry feats although the should only have their own.
    Welcome to the FG forums.

Thanks for reporting. I'm aware of the issue and a fix will be provided in a future ruleset release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

On the character sheet action tab, spell class entries have a field named CL, and the tooltip says "Caster Level". This might appear a bit confusing, especially to players who have never played Pathfinder First Edition, as there is no such thing as Caster Level in Pathfinder Second Edition. The tooltip could, for example be changed to "Character Level". Personally, I'd relabel the field just "Level" instead of "CL", or maybe remove it altogether and automate the value, as the character's level should be known, and in PF2 you do not have mutilple classes with different levels anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaister View Post
    On the character sheet action tab, spell class entries have a field named CL, and the tooltip says "Caster Level". This might appear a bit confusing, especially to players who have never played Pathfinder First Edition, as there is no such thing as Caster Level in Pathfinder Second Edition. The tooltip could, for example be changed to "Character Level". Personally, I'd relabel the field just "Level" instead of "CL", or maybe remove it altogether and automate the value, as the character's level should be known, and in PF2 you do not have mutilple classes with different levels anyway.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll think about an appropriate change to this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The CL field does still have a niche use - for abilities like Divine Font, you can set the damage/healing dice to be "Odd CLs" and that will increase correctly as the character levels up without having to physically move the ability to a new level slot.

However, that is a VERY niche usage, and the functionality could be retained by just having an "Odd CLs" dice multiplier point to the character's level instead of CL field of the caster class.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    The CL field does still have a niche use...
    The field isn't going. @Zaister was just saying that the tooltip saying "Caster Level" could be confusing. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The field isn't going. @Zaister was just saying that the tooltip saying "Caster Level" could be confusing. That's all.
    Hmmm, in the rules the field serves no purpose other than to manually input with a character level though. As everything CL is used for (odd and even) is always mapped to character level, this may change in a future supplement, but I really doubt it as that goes against the design philosophy of PF2e removing stuff like per level multiclassing anyway.

Hi,

Quick feature request: would it be possible to make the Spell Roll box on the action sheet rollable? Has come up a couple times for monsters or PCs doing countering and a few other oddities. Just a convenience, certainly, as one could type a modifier in and roll a d20.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Quick feature request: would it be possible to make the Spell Roll box on the action sheet rollable? Has come up a couple times for monsters or PCs doing countering and a few other oddities. Just a convenience, certainly, as one could type a modifier in and roll a d20.
    Good idea. I'll add this to the long list and consider it in future. To do it properly it needs to be a full blow ruleset action, taking into account currently active effects. So it's not just a case of making it rollable as a complete solution...

I found the 'license.html' file within the ruleset references PFRPG, not PFRPG2. Although doesn't impact anything, could be a legal issue.

There are some other minor things like the classes referencing numerous classes that do not exist (search cavalier under the strings file) but those don't seem to break anything.

Thread Information