DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 63 of 89 First ... 1353616263646573 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Hey BD... I am not sure why that's happening for you. When I just tested Inspire Courage, having one character cast it on her turn, the effect lasted through to next round for all characters until it hit the casting character's turn when it then ended for everyone it was applied to.

Granted, I tested this in Classic.. so maybe I should double-check to make sure it works the same in Unity. Hrm.
    ...And strangely enough, I just ran through a test combat in another campaign and it worked as it should.

Hm. This definitely isn't a bug on FG's end, but it is definitely something we experienced Thursday night in our game. I'll just export the characters and recreate the campaign since we're about to start a new AP book anyway.

Thanks!

Hey BD, one thing to keep in mind.. it doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's rather annoying.

Characters on the combat tracker that have the same Initiative score all drop effects that are on that initiative. So say you have a Bullywug Bigwig, Sir Loin of Steak, and Bodacious the Bard all at initiative 23, when it comes around to initiative 23 the next round, even if the bard is 3rd on that list, it'll end all effects that were set to expire at initiative score 23 at the start of that initiative score.

IIRC, this is more of an internal Core coding issue, not one limited to PF2. When it's been important in my campaigns, I've tried to catch instances like that where I know it's going to be a problem and slightly tweak the initiative scores to accommodate this little bug... so I might set Bodacious' initiative to 22.9 just to make sure his timed effects only end right on his turn.

Not sure if this is what you ran into, but it's also worth keeping in mind.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

I don't remember the precise order of events we encountered anymore. I want to say this has happened more than once, but I can't recreate it now. I even went back to the campaign file we're using and got it to act as it should.

I'll call it "something corrupted somewhere and it's all better now" and definitely keep in mind your tip on initiative for the future.

Thank you!

If damage is dragged to the Modifier Box from a weapon. Then weapon damage is dragged to a creature (for double damage). There is a script error

Vanilla PFRPG2 Ruleset, no Extensions etc
    This happens in both FGC and FGU

5e Ruleset doesn't have this problem

See video link HERE
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    If damage is dragged to the Modifier Box from a weapon. Then weapon damage is dragged to a creature (for double damage). There is a script error

Vanilla PFRPG2 Ruleset, no Extensions etc
    This happens in both FGC and FGU

5e Ruleset doesn't have this problem

See video link HERE
    Thanks for reporting. Removed the error message in the next release.

Note - the 5E ruleset doesn't raise an error, but it also doesn't process dice in modifiers. This is what the PF2 ruleset will do in future - only the base modifier of any dice action dragged to the modifier stack will be used for the next roll. But the result summary string won't be 100% correct, it'll show the other dice as part of the description, just like the 5E ruleset does.

If you're trying to use this process to "store" previous damage rolls, roll the damage first and drag the numerical result from the chat window to the modifier window. Then it will work correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Had an error with specifically Fatal weapons in today's game. The fatal damage does not appear to be rolling or applying to a targeted creature. Both myself and the player cannot trigger the fatal damange.

error here since the image doesn't want to attach:
    [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got table)

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Crusader View Post
    Had an error with specifically Fatal weapons in today's game. The fatal damage does not appear to be rolling or applying to a targeted creature. Both myself and the player cannot trigger the fatal damange.

error here since the image doesn't want to attach:
    [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]: bad argument #1 to 'gsub' (string expected, got table)
    Welcome to the FG forums!

I can't recreate this error - I'm testing rolling critical damage with a light pick that has the fatal d8 trait. Please can you provide some more info:

1. Are you running FG Classic or Unity?
    2. What extensions are you running?
    3. Are you in the "live" or "test" channel?
    4. What is the exact error string - I'm most interested in the line number that will be mentioned.
    5. What is the Traits string for the weapon action being rolled?
    6. If you add a light pick from the Core Rules to the PC sheet, and roll critical damage, does the error occur?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Will the recently released errata be implemented in FG at any point?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhuarc View Post
    Will the recently released errata be implemented in FG at any point?
    At some point, yes. No ETA as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Welcome to the FG forums!

I can't recreate this error - I'm testing rolling critical damage with a light pick that has the fatal d8 trait. Please can you provide some more info:

1. Are you running FG Classic or Unity?
    2. What extensions are you running?
    3. Are you in the "live" or "test" channel?
    4. What is the exact error string - I'm most interested in the line number that will be mentioned.
    5. What is the Traits string for the weapon action being rolled?
    6. If you add a light pick from the Core Rules to the PC sheet, and roll critical damage, does the error occur?
    Hi Trenloe,

Saw this in another thread, here's a screenshot of the error I'm getting.

I have a PF2 campaign
    no extensions
    FGU on the live channel
    Mods loaded: CRB, APG, Bestiary 1

This is with a fighter I created using a Pick as a weapon (dragged it from the CRB to my inventory), drag/dropping the damage dice onto the baddie in the CT. (Fatal works if you target in the CT and double click damage)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information