FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 27 of 89 First ... 1725262728293777 ... Last
    well i be dammed..lol. thank for your time.

Armour & Weapons

EG: Way weapon works in pf2 (my understanding still learning it) Is it can have (for example) a +1 potency rune which gives it +1 to hit (not plus one to damage)
    Currently putting a 1 in the bonus field of a weapon gives it +1 to hit BUT also gives +1 to damage.
    To increase damage on a PF2 weapon it needs a striking rune and giving it a +1 striking rune doesn't increase damage by +1 but instead increasing the number of damage die

You may be aware I was just checking.
    ATM we can just manually change items

I would think Weapons are gonna need two Bonus Fields

Potency Rune: +1
    Striking Rune : +2

and Armours are gonna need two as well

Potency Rune: +3
    Resilient Rune: +1
    Last edited by Willot; October 1st, 2019 at 21:45.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    Currently putting a 1 in the bonus field of a weapon gives it +1 to hit BUT also gives +1 to damage.
    Not in the test I just did. I created a basic +1 sword, dragged it to the PC inventory and the bonus is only added the attack.

I do, however, see an issue if the +1 weapon is added to the PC sheet unidentified and later identified. This will incorrectly add a +1 to damage - logged as RS2.055.

I would think Weapons are gonna need two Bonus Fields

Potency Rune: +1
    Striking Rune : +2
    This is handled in the ruleset by adding the "striking" property before adding the weapon to the PC. See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...PG2_Item_Sheet I haven't added greater striking or major striking yet.

Armours are gonna need two as well

Potency Rune: +3
    Resilient Rune: +1
    This is similar to weapons, but has not been implemented. There will be a "resilient", "greater resilient" and "major resilient" property in a future release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I do, however, see an issue if the +1 weapon is added to the PC sheet unidentified and later identified. This will incorrectly add a +1 to damage - logged as RS2.055.
    AH yes that's exactly what I was doing, turning on/off the ID and watching the Damage getting increased. So worked out in the end cool.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

I was wondering if there is a way to hide regeneration numbers from player? Just had a fight with a troll, and every round it announced the Regen 20 in the chat box to all. My options are set so players don't normally see what I roll, just the results. Could we have it so it just says Regen but hide the numbers?
    Also, the weakness damage triggers even when no damage is received : the troll critical succeeded on a reflex roll against burning hand and still received the 10 dmg from weakness.
    Finally, when the troll receives fire dmg, it writes in chat box that Regen is negated, but it will still Regen the next round. Is that supposed to be automated or does it just serve as a reminder and I need to cancel it manually?

Thanks for all the hard work, everything is amazing!

Blog Entries
    A suggestion and an issue..
    Perception - Since Perception is not a skill and there is already a place dedicated to it on the Main Tab... seems like the controls for perception could be moved there and it could be removed from the Skills Tab.
    HP - HP don't seem to be linked in a way that causes them to update when level is changed manually.. if you wheel up and down on one of the values in HP it adjusts (a work around) but it should update when level is changed no?
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Perception - Since Perception is not a skill and there is already a place dedicated to it on the Main Tab... seems like the controls for perception could be moved there and it could be removed from the Skills Tab.
    I haven't fully decided on the best way to handle perception. Even though it's "not a skill" the mechanics from the check are essentially the same. So I don't want to completely re-program FG with a new "perception" action when the skill action is fine. But, yes, it should be moved away from the skills tab.

HP - HP don't seem to be linked in a way that causes them to update when level is changed manually.. if you wheel up and down on one of the values in HP it adjusts (a work around) but it should update when level is changed no?
    Yes, it should update. Logged as RS2.057. It does update after a reload.

Keep in mind that you really shouldn't change the level manually as this will miss a lot of the levelling automation that is tied to the drag/drop of a class.
    Last edited by Trenloe; October 9th, 2019 at 18:40.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    I haven't fully decided on the best way to handle perception. Even though it's "not a skill" the mechanics from the check are essentially the same. So I don't want to completely re-program FG with a new "perception" action when the skill action is fine. But, yes, it should be moved away from the skills tab.
    My suggestion related to the fact that there is already a whole box on the Main Tab dedicated to Perception.. it seems like the whole thing could be handled there.. along with Initiative and HP.. all things that 'aren't skills' but are general every character sorts of things.

Keep in mind that you really shouldn't change the level manually as this will miss a lot of the leveling automation that is tied to the drag/drop of a class.
    Understood, but honestly although very cool, I find the automated leveling kind of cumbersome for basic stuff that can be handled manually easily enough.. and I don't 100% trust it. Not trying to be negative about it at all.. it does a ton of cool stuff.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

My suggestion related to the fact that there is already a whole box on the Main Tab dedicated to Perception.. it seems like the whole thing could be handled there.. along with Initiative and HP.. all things that 'aren't skills' but are general every character sorts of things.
    Yes, I understand what your suggestion was. I was saying that there is underlying "stuff" that needs to be considered when removing something that essentially works like a skill in FG from the skills tab. Hence why I said "I haven't fully decided on the best way to handle perception.".

Use this extension as a temporary fix to the issue: RS2.058 "[string "hero"]:1: attempt to index a nil value" error when trying to use a hero point for a PC in a campaign that hadn't used the Hero Point extension

Attachment 29332

Thread Information