5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    ^Tomorrow is release day.
    12:01 am US Eastern Daylight Time to be precise (as far as Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Second Edition products are concerned).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok this is nearly my last idiot question for Hump day, bear with me.....

If I go to paizo and purchase the action pack >> Hell Knights or another action pack (for P2) there will I be able to get the digital down load here free or at a discount?

I want a hard copy which is why i would go there, Id read the hardcopy at lunch and be more prepared to use FG knowing whats in there.

If I go to paizo and purchase the action pack >> Hell Knights or another action pack (for P2) there will I be able to get the digital down load here free or at a discount?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...izoAccount.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

To get the PDF for free with your hard copy, you have to be a subscriber to Paizo adventure path. If you do so, you get the free PDF of the subscription items. This is what the FAQ here says:

What advantages are there to subscribing?
    Subscribers to any of our lines will receive each subscription product directly from Paizo and need never worry about missing a product.

Many of our Pathfinder & Starfinder products receive a free PDF of each subscription volume purchased as part of their subscription. Some subscriptions include a percentage discount on each new release in the subscription line. See individual subscription pages for more details.

Those who subscribe to four or more qualifying subscription lines receive a special benefit for subscribing. See "What is the Paizo Advantage Discount?" for more information and restrictions.
    So, if you want to maximize your cost savings, subscribe to the lines that you want hardcopies of, and then your FG purchases will be discounted by the amount you would have paid for the PDF (which you will have for free by virtue of subscription). So, basically, you save twice the cost of the PDF if you do what I'm suggesting. And, if you superscribe (see the referenced link), you even get discounts on the hard copies!

Blog Entries
    Some extra info.

Subscriptions do not auto upgrade to unity. Unity will be a separate subscription. You might prefer to stay in classic for some time. You might want to switch to unity straight away or have a period running both.

Moon Wizard has said a few times that while there are target dates for December if it's not ready for those targets then it will be pushed back. Or something along those lines.

DLC bought for classic will work in unity.

And the December date is for the KS backers of FGU. From the KS page:

Rookie Upgrade - Standard

This upgrade is for people who just bought a Fantasy Grounds Classic Standard edition from Steam or our website in 2018 or 2019 and wants access to FGU during the Beta stage.
    You will be required to submit a valid license key (no subscriptions allowed.)

INCLUDES:
    Standard license of FGU
    All unlocked Asset Packs
    Beta Access
    ESTIMATED DELIVERY
    Dec 2019
    So, the release date of the BETA, which I don't think non-backers can get, is hopefully December. As far as I know, there hasn't been an announcement as to when the full version will be released. Maybe they put out something different at the Alpha Launch party, but that is the only thing I've seen on these boards from official SW sources.

Also remember that It is going to be a first release on a new platform, there will undoubtedly be bugs that slip through, so it could a a while after the release that it's stable enough for regular use. Hopefully not but it could be.

Again folks here are very helpful. I am a bit familiar with how things work in Roll20. After doing some research I realized what I want is FG. I am going to sub ultimate until unity comes out.

A bit more info if you folks can answer. I want to run just P2 and relearn this from scratch. I was going to get my hardcopy books today and spend my time reading in detail. From there I wanted to run the newest campain from paizo which I think is the Ashes one (hell knight)?

Question: Since this is all new should I purchase both the Besatiary and P2 rulebook for the virtual table top from Fantasy grounds or will some of this already be baked into the ultimate sub I will be using?

My goal was to use classic FG until the Unity engine was released and then purchase outright that ultimate licence and migrate to there. I am assuming most of my learning in FG classic "should" carry over to unity..right?

Thanks again forum folks!

Question: Since this is all new should I purchase both the Besatiary and P2 rulebook for the virtual table top from Fantasy grounds or will some of this already be baked into the ultimate sub I will be using?
    The ultimate license will only give you the PFRPG2 ruleset (as far as Pathfinder 2 is concerned). It doesn't give you any DLC. Some rulesets contain some SRD/OGL material (see the "Data Libraries" section in the license comparison), not PFRPG2 won't have any base OGL data libraries for at least 6 months - and those won't have IP (graphics, etc.).

My goal was to use classic FG until the Unity engine was released and then purchase outright that ultimate licence and migrate to there. I am assuming most of my learning in FG classic "should" carry over to unity..right?
    With the exception of the new image/map functionality, yes.

Thread Information