DICE PACKS BUNDLE

ASSH - Creating some classes for Hyperborea using the classics sheet, need help

Hello all

Recentelly bought the D&D Classics Players handbook, and although I'm really liking it, my intention was to use it with Astonishing Swordsmen and Sorceres of Hyperborea. I'm dabbling in class creation right now, already saw some videos about it, and thinking it's not that difficult. However, I heard that's possible to hide some specific AD&D 2nd information, like non weapon proficiency, Kits, and the likes, from the character sheet. This would really help my players, since those concepts don't exist in ASSH. I'm also using the 1st edition extension, since ASSH is more akin the that one than second.
    Another thing, changing the names of saving throws can easily be done without coding knowledge? If this is somewhat difficult, I can use it as is and adapt on the fly for ASSH, not a big issue.
    Many thanks to any assitance provided.

Paulo

Blog Entries
    Just saw this message.

I think the Basic D&D extension for Morecore (can be seen in the programming series of videos) might be closer and the videos have clear info on how to work on a character sheet.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Blog Entries
    Also, I think the root system for ASSH is Basic, not AD&D. The main thing I look for is AC and the highest AC is 9. That is original and Basic D&D. AD&D starts at 10.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    Just saw this message.

I think the Basic D&D extension for Morecore (can be seen in the programming series of videos) might be closer and the videos have clear info on how to work on a character sheet.
    I'm a bit lost. Where is this Basic D&D extension? I looked after it but can't locate it.

Quote Originally Posted by pauloralves
    Another thing, changing the names of saving throws can easily be done without coding knowledge? If this is somewhat difficult, I can use it as is and adapt on the fly for ASSH, not a big issue.
    Changing is quite easy, trouble starts when your changes make impact on other script lines and it's cat & mouse from there. And many rulesets are encoded so i.e. saving throws are automatically adjusted with levels. Changing this requires persistence and some experience in programming (or more persistence and patience instead). That's why I'm interested in this Basic D&D, this could make things easier.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Blog Entries
    It would be great to see a ruleset or full extension or something for this. Maybe Jeffrey would even be interested in licensing the modules etc... for FG.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    It would be great to see a ruleset or full extension or something for this. Maybe Jeffrey would even be interested in licensing the modules etc... for FG.
    He might, it's the best AD&D iteration I know of. But with FGU on the horizon is it wise to dabble into xml-based ruleset scripting or is it better to wait for new rulesets as a base for modifications? A question from a layman.
    English is not my native language, I apologize for any grammar mistakes or awkward choice of words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kane280484 View Post
    I'm a bit lost. Where is this Basic D&D extension? I looked after it but can't locate it.

Changing is quite easy, trouble starts when your changes make impact on other script lines and it's cat & mouse from there. And many rulesets are encoded so i.e. saving throws are automatically adjusted with levels. Changing this requires persistence and some experience in programming (or more persistence and patience instead). That's why I'm interested in this Basic D&D, this could make things easier.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ding-Tutorials

Thread Information