FG Spreadshirt Swag

Issue getting the TYPE effect to work

In CoS, there is an Axe of Pruning, that does an additional 1d8 vs plants.

So I open up the weapon and there is one line under DAMAGE that is a 1d10 + Base + slashing,magic

So I added the following to the end of slashing,magic.

; IFT: TYPE(plant); DMG: 1d8

This is copied straight from the Effect wiki, with the TYPE changed to plant as appropriate. But it won't roll the extra DMG. What am I doing wrong?

When I roll the damage the chat window shows the following

[DAMAGE (M)] Axe of Pruning [TYPE: untyped (1d10+5=10)]
    Damage [10] -> [to Twig Blight]

I can create a "normal" effect, but then I have to click it before I roll damage every time. Isn't there a way to have it added to the weapon itself?

Thanks

Doing a quick check, it looks like you need to use an extension to add effects to items, or create a power for the character. The DMG's Dragon Slayer weapons do not have the bonus damage automated, and neither does Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan's Plant Slayer.

the power for the character doesn't have to be clicked every time if the weapon is the only one they use during an encounter. You can set it to remain. If the character alternates with an off-hand weapon or uses a lot of spells or whatever, then yes you probably want to set it to expire.

Blog Entries
    With these types of weapons I just make a second damage line that has the damage if the target is a plant. It's not usually a suprise for a player to know if they are attacking a plant (or orc etc) or not.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    With these types of weapons I just make a second damage line that has the damage if the target is a plant. It's not usually a suprise for a player to know if they are attacking a plant (or orc etc) or not.
    I tried that as well and couldn't get it to work. Can you provide an example? Maybe a screenshot?

Blog Entries
    Don't put any effect, just add a second weapon line to the section. Then the PC chooses which to use/roll as needed. See example for how one of my players likes to setup their rogues;
    Screen Shot 07-30-19 at 12.38 PM.PNG

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Don't put any effect, just add a second weapon line to the section. Then the PC chooses which to use/roll as needed. See example for how one of my players likes to setup their rogues;
    Screen Shot 07-30-19 at 12.38 PM.PNG
    Well, that's my fall-back method. I was really trying to get an effect to work.

I do have the extension to add effects to items, but I still can't get it to work. I'll post in that thread for some help. I'm sure it's operator error.

Thanks,
    Don

OK, figured it out, I need to re-equip the item for the effect to take hold. It works now.

Thanks
    Don

Thread Information