Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    First, none of the NPC tokens were on my battle-maps although the PC tokens were. So I had to remember where to place them since our last game session ended in the middle of a battle. Second, my encounter and story pins still wouldn't work. I had to use the stories to navigate the different rooms and pull up encounters.
    Those are all stored in the campaign db.xml file. Sounds like the find/replace you did on that file didn't run correctly.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Eh, it's only been a short while, I'm still inclined to just roll it back. Seems like that would do the least amount of campaign damage. Just my two cents.
    For what it is worth, same here. I only made adjustments to a single campaign map. If all I needed to do was reverse my XML content back to the way it was that would be a little price to pay to ensure all of my other encounter maps are still intact. In other words, leaving it the way it is will still require me to fix encounter maps with pins that don't work.

If it’s not rolled back, I’d recommend looking at the find/replace process in more details - this should work. Especially look at the exact replace string needed that I detail in post #3 of this thread.

No need to spend more time updating your links manually, let us know details of the find/replace strings you been using (what strings, what text editor application) - maybe provide screenshots of how the find/replace is setup within the text editor. We'll try and get your links working for you again! :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Since it has been 3 weeks since the change, I’m hesitant to make a rollback.

If you want us to look at the campaign files, you can zip up the campaign folder and share a link. I can help take a look.

One thing to note is that campaign changes are saved in db.xml; but any edits to modules are stored separately in the moduledb folder.

Regards,
    JPG

I'm having a number of issues including entire descriptions missing in the story. I've zipped up my campaign, I've attempted some of the fixes already earlier in this thread. Thanks.https://mega.nz/#!OAgD2aBC!4IXEFPBMf...oTi9DLSAx1Imu0

Quote Originally Posted by Nodal View Post
    I'm having a number of issues including entire descriptions missing in the story. I've zipped up my campaign, I've attempted some of the fixes already earlier in this thread. Thanks.https://mega.nz/#!OAgD2aBC!4IXEFPBMf...oTi9DLSAx1Imu0
    You have a file in your moduledb folder called D&D Storm King's Thunder.xml.xml which may very well be causing your issue. As far as I can see your db.xml and the files in your moduledb folder have all been changed to the correct title. I can't find any references to DD Storm King's Thunder in any of those files. I can't see anything missing in the campaign and all the links I clicked on worked. If, after deleting that file, you still have issues can you point towards them specifically.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Ok I am a bit confused but that is normal If there was an update and the name changed I can see the issue. But if I revert back to the old name with my content, then don't I lose the content of the update by rolling back? So is the intent here not to make changes to a premade module? Is there a way to add content to a premade and not lose it in an update? I feel like I am missing something on how the content is organized.

In any campaign you can change things about a module. Such changes are stored in the campaign files - they don’t actually change the module. If the module name changes then FG sees that as a different module so any changes you made are not shown. However by renaming certain campaign files to be the same as the new module name you can recover your changes.

Normally a module update does not interfere with any changes you made in a campaign since the campaign data overwrites the module data.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

I used the .xml changes here and got most things fixed. Please no rollback.

If a rollback was done immediately I'd be all for it. But even 2 days after is too late, now it has been QUITE long.

Just had to deal with this, luckily the fix worked, once I had done it right. In my case, the last time I had a game with this group was back in April or May, so apparently before the update. Thank goodness I tried opening up the campaign to check on everything, or I would have had to do all this on game day on Sunday.

BTW, I was able to retain all of my map pins and hotkeys by doing the same find/replace on not just "db.xml", but also "hotkeys_host.xml" in the usersettings folder, and (after replacing the file) "D&D Storm King's Thunder.xml" in the moduledb folder.

Thread Information