Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Storm King's Thunder module name change after release update

Hi,

I noticed that release updates for July 23rd, 2019, had changed the name of the 5E adventure from "DD Storm King's Thunder" to "D&D Storm King's Thunder". So now when I try to access my saved links I get the following prompt: "A module you are trying to use is not loaded. DD Storm King's Thunder Activate module and attempt to activate link again?" Consequently all changes I've made to the module have also disappeared. How do I proceed to fix things?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to the FG forums!

You will have to edit your campaign db.xml file to change all the @DD Storm King's Thunder to @D&D Storm King's Thunder - a simple find replace should suffice - but make a backup of the file beforehand, just in case.

As for your changes to the module - these would have been stored in a directory in your campaign directory called "moduledb" - in an xml file with the name of the module. Make a backup of the DD Storm King's Thunder.xml file and change it to D&D Storm King's Thunder.xml Then start up your campaign and see if the links work and the changes are there.
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 3rd, 2019 at 22:25. Reason: Correct format of & sign for db.xml file find/replace updated
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@tasdu - I've done a quick test, and the naming of the module in the FG campaign db.xml file is @D&D Storm King's Thunder - the & is coded as &

Hope you can get your links and data back OK.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

@Trenloe - Your suggestions have fixed the issues; thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by tasdu View Post
    Fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by tasdu View Post
    Just one more affirmation that this also fixed the same issue for me. Thank goodness for the quick and helpful response from this community!

Quote Originally Posted by TMO View Post
    Just one more affirmation that this also fixed the same issue for me. Thank goodness for the quick and helpful response from this community!
    Without taking anything away from my praise of this community, I do want to report that this "fix" still left me with issues during my game. First, none of the NPC tokens were on my battle-maps although the PC tokens were. So I had to remember where to place them since our last game session ended in the middle of a battle. Second, my encounter and story pins still wouldn't work. I had to use the stories to navigate the different rooms and pull up encounters. So, this wasn't as bad as I feared but it did cause some inconvenience. Is this always to be expected if a module gets renamed?

Usually, only the cosmetic name gets changed when we need to update the naming of a module, not the reference name. I'm asking the 5E DLC developers to see if I can find out if something changed on SKT.

Regards,
    JPG

Looking into this, it was a simple mistake that slipped through when one of our content developers pushed an update. SKT is one a couple modules built with a different process than the others; and the reference name accidentally got changed, instead of the cosmetic name. I apologize for the mix-up.

At this point, it seems best to leave it as it is now; or it would cause the same issue in reverse. I don’t want to mess things up for your campaign any further.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Eh, it's only been a short while, I'm still inclined to just roll it back. Seems like that would do the least amount of campaign damage. Just my two cents.

Thread Information