FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 14 First 1234513 ... Last
    Thi extension got updated for 3.3.10, please redownload it after 3.3.10 got released

Something in this extension is incompatible with the Naval Combat Extension that comes with Skulls & Shackles. I have narrowed it down to those two extensions but simply disabled the naval extension since I really don't use it. I just wanted to let you know so you could list is as an incompatibility and maybe track down the offending code if you desire.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    Something in this extension is incompatible with the Naval Combat Extension that comes with Skulls & Shackles. I have narrowed it down to those two extensions but simply disabled the naval extension since I really don't use it. I just wanted to let you know so you could list is as an incompatibility and maybe track down the offending code if you desire.
    Thank you very much for letting me know and for the testing

Sadly, I do not have this extension because I do not have bought this AP (so, I can also not directly look into it due to it being in the store). I will list it as incompatibility and try to find the author of that extension to see whether one can somehow solve this (Samarex is the author, isn't it? Just in case you know that )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 9th, 2020 at 01:38.

Hi

The extension got updated to make them compatible with https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-(FG-v3-1-3-)

Please redownload if you also use this extension (you still have to load both separately)

so, my friend, @kelrugem... love this extension.

it was going swimmingly until... a creature's hp went to zero: disabled. the effects icon popped up over the creature's token.
    silence at the table... there was a huge blue disable wheelchair icon smacked on our map! (and being a large creature, it was even more alarmingly huge) X-D

i was taken aback and apologized. a couple of players voiced their shock. although it kinda describes the condition clearly, we thought it was insensitive.

anyway. i created some icons to replace the ones in the extension for the time being.
    hopefully you would consider swapping that out for something else.

also, check out the image attached -- i made the effect icons about 1/4 the size of a token
    and moved it to the bottom left so that it doesn't completely block out what's underneath...
    i know the effect clears out the icons automatically (or i can manually)
    but it's a bit disturbing for me not able to see the token.

let me know what you think.

Attached Images Attached Images
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

so, my friend, @kelrugem... love this extension.

it was going swimmingly until... a creature's hp went to zero: disabled. the effects icon popped up over the creature's token.
    silence at the table... there was a huge blue disable wheelchair icon smacked on our map! (and being a large creature, it was even more alarmingly huge) X-D

i was taken aback and apologized. a couple of players voiced their shock. although it kinda describes the condition clearly, we thought it was insensitive.

anyway. i created some icons to replace the ones in the extension for the time being.
    hopefully you would consider swapping that out for something else.

also, check out the image attached -- i made the effect icons about 1/4 the size of a token
    and moved it to the bottom left so that it doesn't completely block out what's underneath...
    i know the effect clears out the icons automatically (or i can manually)
    but it's a bit disturbing for me not able to see the token.

let me know what you think.

oh, I understand Honestly, I was not sure about that wheelchair, too, I got the overlays from Ken L's overlay extension and I simply kept them because I didn't know where to look for another overlays (which are free to use and share). I simply wanted to wait what people say whether I should change it because I could not find an answer on my own I didn't really think a lot about it, and, honestly, I forgot that it exists because that condition gets applied very rarily (I never had it in my game so far, only the other rare KO sign)

I surely want to change it, at least this one icon To avoid the stacking issue with the effects icons, you could maybe try to move it to the bottom right? (Nice idea that it should not cover the whole of the token )

Sorry for the shock, I hope it was not too bad? Please tell your players that I feel sorry, I should have thought a bit more about the overlay of that effect, and I should not have just taken the images of Ken without rethinking them

EDIT: Going to bed now, I try to change that as fast as possible tomorrow (maybe waiting for your answer again ) By the way, what is a good source for such icons? (free to use and share images; that was the biggest problem for me, I am unsure how to find out which images are allowed to share freely in such projects. Therefore I kept the images already used in another extensions )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 19th, 2020 at 05:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    By the way, what is a good source for such icons? (free to use and share images; that was the biggest problem for me, I am unsure how to find out which images are allowed to share freely in such projects. Therefore I kept the images already used in another extensions)
    it wasn't really a big deal; just the initial shock from everyone, but we got over it quick (and got a good laugh out of it).

although i could easily create them, i have access to icon graphics (not open source) as part of my work.
    i use some as starting points, then make new ones based on basic forms so that i don't have to recreate from scratch.

i can share the ones i made if you like them. actually, you can ask me to provide you whatever icon ideas you
    want for your other work (as long as they remain free and open source). i'm cool with contributing to the fg community.

later.

Last edited by tahl_liadon; April 19th, 2020 at 21:41.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by tahl_liadon View Post

it wasn't really a big deal; just the initial shock from everyone, but we got over it quick (and got a good laugh out of it).

although i could easily create them, i have access to icon graphics (not open source) as part of my work.
    i use some as starting points, then make new ones based on basic forms so that i don't have to recreate from scratch.

i can share the ones i made if you like them. actually, you can ask me to provide you whatever icon ideas you
    want for your other work (as long as they remain free and open source). i'm cool with contributing to the fg community.

later.

ah, cool Yes, when it is okay for you then I would be happy about your icons (I really like the save overlays for example, too this design solves the problem of misunderstanding "who succeeded" as discussed in the other thread ) But you do not have to share them for free, when you do not want, I can also pay I am not certain about what the typical commission for icons is though

If you would share your icons, then I would change the disable icon in all extensions, and I would make a separate version of the extension where all other icons are replaced, too

Thank you very much
    Last edited by Kelrugem; April 19th, 2020 at 15:30.

@kelrugem, pm me with email. thx
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; April 19th, 2020 at 21:41.
    -----

Thread Information