DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 11 of 14 First ... 910111213 ... Last
    Please redownload I have added the patch stuff about the new shortcuts in the toolbar from some FG patch last week, and I improved compatibility (thanks to SoxMax)

That URL
    Forever awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That URL
    Forever awesome.
    lol, I didn't see it until you mentioned it

DR effect error

Hi Kel,
    I've found an odd behaviour in the management of DR effects: DR on PCs is not calculated correctly, while on NPCs works perfectly.
    How to reproduce this issue (disable all other extensions before the test):
    -Setup this effect in the CT for the PC: "DR: 4"
    -Roll NPC damage vs this PC (e.g., you roll 2)
    -Damage is dealt to the PC, even if it shouldn't have.

The issue is in function getDamageAdjust (file manager_action_damage.lua), at line 1598:
    Code:
    				end
    			end

-- APPLY DAMAGE ADJUSTMENT FROM THIS DAMAGE CLAUSE TO OVERALL DAMAGE ADJUSTMENT
    			nDamageAdjust = nDamageAdjust + nLocalDamageAdjust - nNonlethalAdjust;
    			nNonlethal = nNonlethal + nNonlethalAdjust;
    		end
    	end

-- RESULTS
    	return nDamageAdjust, nNonlethal, bVulnerable, bResist;
    end
    The code should be modified with the following:
    Code:
    				end
    			end

end
    	end

-- RESULTS
    end
    After this fix, DR will be applied correctly.

During the check, I've realized that your version of manager_action_damage.lua is quite different from official 3.5E ruleset: I've recoded your lua to comply with the 3.5E version (see attachment). Please feel free to use use it at your convenience.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by cristmo View Post
    Hi Kel,
    I've found an odd behaviour in the management of DR effects: DR on PCs is not calculated correctly, while on NPCs works perfectly.

The issue is in function getDamageAdjust (file manager_action_damage.lua), at line 1598:
    Code:
                    end
                end

end
        end

-- RESULTS
    end
    Code:
                    end
                end

end
        end

-- RESULTS
    end

During the check, I've realized that your version of manager_action_damage.lua is quite different from official 3.5E ruleset: I've recoded your lua to comply with the 3.5E version (see attachment). Please feel free to use use it at your convenience.
    Thank you very much

However, I cannot reproduce this issue, it works completely fine for me Are you sure that you do not have any other extension loaded? Also make sure that you do not have unpacked extensions and rulesets in your folders, they may make things quirky

About the general script: Thanks a lot, I try to take a look at this, but I am not sure yet whether I will add your script yet because there were a lot of reasons why I rewrote the complete script (on one hand for the fortification roll and on the other hand for fixing a lot of the behaviour; see my forge item description (rather at the end) about what I did with the damage stuff So, indeed, I added correct rounding rules and so on, hence, the code looks so much different But Moon Wizard changed the overall layout of the script some months ago, I still need to comply with these changes but had no time yet Hence, really thanks a lot Gladly, the official different layout is just about restructuring, so, no features lost for the end users of my extension )

Hi Kel,

Code:
                    end
                end

end
        end

-- RESULTS
    end
    Code:
                    end
                end

end
        end

-- RESULTS
    end

I now think I know why you got the behaviour you have seen: Did you use damage rolls without damage types to test DR? As far as I know DR cannot affect damage rolls without damage type, so, my code should be correct (and I think the official code does the same, I just copied that behaviour if I recall correctly) If DR also affects untyped rolls, then yes, one needs to change the code as you propose (I think, I am just speculating right now, I need to look more closely at the code )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I now think I know why you got the behaviour you have seen: Did you use damage rolls without damage types to test DR? As far as I know DR cannot affect damage rolls without damage type, so, my code should be correct (and I think the official code does the same, I just copied that behaviour if I recall correctly) If DR also affects untyped rolls, then yes, one needs to change the code as you propose (I think, I am just speculating right now, I need to look more closely at the code )
    I applied the damage double clicking on the NPC CT attack entry, so I think your guess is right: it could be a damage without type.
    Regarding official code, I’m almost sure it handles properly even typeless damages: I’ve tested it in the same way, and read the source code; maybe you could check it too.

I applied the damage double clicking on the NPC CT attack entry, so I think your guess is right: it could be a damage without type.
    Regarding official code, I’m almost sure it handles properly even typeless damages: I’ve tested it in the same way, and read the source code; maybe you could check it too.
    Yes, I will check it, thank you very much It may be well-be that this changed with the restructuring of the official code

(and then I need to do research about whether or not untyped damage types are unaffected; usually they do not arise, and then one could argue that untyped damage types are useful for quickly adjusting and correcting damage numbers, e.g. for AoEs using a dummy NPC to make "damage". Thence, it may be useful to keep it that untyped damage types are unaffected by such things But maybe there is a statement in the rules of 3.5E/PF1)

Nevertheless, I may finally need to apply the official restructuring of the code to my extension; that restructuring was done while I was heavily focusing on my Ph.D. thesis and then I had no time for such things Thanks again that you already took a look into that, it will surely help me and I will make an official notification about your help once I publish it (it may still take a while though, I am currently writing my next paper if I forget to mention your help in that, then please remind me )

No worries, I’m just glad to help.

Thread Information