DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... Last

StrainInjury packages

This is for FG classic! See the links below and in my signature for FG Unity
    Forge links: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/31/view and https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/24/view

Known incompatibility:
    The Full Overlay Package one is probably incompatible with the Naval Combat Extension that comes with the Skulls & Shackles AP (maybe the other versions, too)

Hi

In that thread I upload my extensions combined with the StrainInjury extension of darrenan (see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iant-Extension), thanks to him I am allowed to upload these combinations It is about these extensions:

Strain and Injury: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iant-Extension
    Advanced 3.5/PF1 (with keen extension): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...finder-effects
    Save versus tags: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...232#post447232
    Overlays: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...881#post445881
    AoO tracker (with incorporated FFOS): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tunity-tracker

There are two versions of overlays, see the overlay thread for screenshots The alternative version is in the second post for now because I am not able to have more than one extension in this post anymore

I also changed something in StrainInjury, but only for 3.5e (Pathfinder is not touched by this). Regeneration of 3.5e does not work anymore in StrainInjury by the original code of StrainInjury. I brought it back and it now works as following: Regeneration only heals Strain damage and every ingoing damage type is strain damage except when it is of the special type mentioned in the REGEN effect (e.g. fire for the troll regeneration), for these special damage types the damage is then Injury damage I guess this is the most straightforward implementation for it according to the standard rules of 3.5e for regeneration.

Have fun

UPDATE: Damage coming from a failed stability check is now injury damage and not strain.

UPDATE2:
    There are several fixes and a new feature now:
    • There is now the damage type injury. Basically it does the same as pressing the modifier button for injury. The resulting damage will be then of type injury as long as there is not any nonlethal damage type. When at least one damage die has this damage type then all damage dice will be injury, too, except the ones with nonlethal. Immunity and resistance effects can block this damage type (but only damage dice with having this damage type of course) and it acts like the special damage types like critical (i.e., IMMUNE: injury blocks e.g. the damage die with injury in it, regardless which other damage types are in there, and an wearing an axe while having the effect DMGTYPE: injury results into a damage die with damage types slashing and injury, not only injury). You can think of this damage type as bleed damage (for this it was requested)
    • Injury damage is now respected in the height of health bars.
    • Temporary hit points do not change the physical state, e.g. getting temp HP while one needs to roll for stabilization does not stabilize and one stays unconscious. This was not the case anymore in this extension. I fixed it Similar problem was in the code for bloodied, wounded and healthy. Fixed that, too
    • The problem with Strain-Injury is that one has -strictly speaking- two different strain damage pools, one coming from lethal and one from nonlethal attacks which is important when it is about becoming unconscious (especially in 3.5e when the enemy has regeneration). E.g. having 10 HP and 1 injury and then getting 9 strain damage always resulted into the status disabled, regardless whether it came from a nonlethal attack, while having 0 injury and 10 strain always resulted into unconscious. Having 1 injury and then getting 10 strain resulted into stabilization rolls, though it was nonlethal strain. And so on This is now all fixed, now the code treats unconscious correct. For this you will see that getting unconscious by nonlethal damage will apply the stable effect, a dirty trick to avoid the stabilization rolls
    • The stable effect will now also be automatically removed when lethal damage will be made while the target was dying (and stabilized), that's needed for the previous point to automate the previous point. But that feature is nice in general, too (Now in the base programme)
    • I've added the bleed damage type now also to the base extension It behaves like injury except that it does natively strain damage (otherwise combine it with injury;it is of course injury when the target is dieing) but it overcomes DR
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 17th, 2022 at 14:44.

<-- reserved -->
    Last edited by Kelrugem; June 17th, 2021 at 09:39.

Updated, due to recent changes in advanced effects and the overlay extension I also changed the type of damage coming from a failed stabilization: It is now injury damage and not strain.

Also here an update due to save versus tags changes, see https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...232#post447232

There was a fix in 3.3.8 which I've incorporated into these extensions because the StrainInjury part was affected by it I saw that one person downloaded one extension here since the last update. To that person: please redownload :P Sorry (but nothing bad will happen when you don't, the condition "deafened" will then just not be accounted when you roll initiative through the circle buttons in the CT)

I was seeing this error in my extension, switched to one of yours, and saw the same thing. This error shows up in the console.log file in the root FG folder, and doesn't seem to cause anything bad to happen. All the same you might want to take a look and see if you can make it go away. Cheers!

[25.08.2019 23:52:40] Ruleset Warning: window: Unable to locate control (button_global_targeting) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (label_wounds) in windowclass (combattracker_host)

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I was seeing this error in my extension, switched to one of yours, and saw the same thing. This error shows up in the console.log file in the root FG folder, and doesn't seem to cause anything bad to happen. All the same you might want to take a look and see if you can make it go away. Cheers!

[25.08.2019 23:52:40] Ruleset Warning: window: Unable to locate control (button_global_targeting) specified in insertbefore attribute for control (label_wounds) in windowclass (combattracker_host)
    Ah, thank you for the report That seems to pop-up at the first time when one opens the CT (and when the console is open, gladly a warning does not force the console to open) Probably has something to do with the strain label box in the CT (and they gladly look still the same as you observed, too ).

Thanks I try to fix that At the moment I prepare my move to a new city, so I have a bit less time, but when I get time I try to make that warning go away

So, the warning message should now be gone If you want to know what I changed: I deleted the insertbefore commands in ct_host.xml for the strain and injury labels, seemingly these commands do not work anymore. I compared it with the native code in FG for nonlethal and wounds and they also work without that insertbefore command Thus, the code about the position below that insertbefore command seems to be necessary and already sufficient for the labels which is probably the reason why the labels still worked

Thanks again, let me know if you see something else I wanted to push a new version soon, the height of health bars actually do not take injury damage into account but the colour does (such that the health dot works completely and the health bar partially. The health bar changes its colour correctly when someone e.g. goes unconscious but the length of a health bar does not fit then) When I find time to find the code for the health bar then I should be able to fix that quickly, I guess, since that is probably only a matter of renaming things of the original code

The package of StrainInjury with the full overlay package are updated due to an update in the overlay extension (see its thread)

Hello Kelrugem,

Thanks for all this hard work. Question on the Strain/Injury extension: Is there a way to get ongoing damage to register as Injury? Currently, I'm using: Bleeding Damage; DMGO: 1d20 spell; I've also tried: magic, force, critical, injury, no change. The damage always goes to the 'strain' column.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thread Information