DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Just got Harnmaster via Columbia Games recent kickstarter. Very interested to see how this project progresses on FG. Just wanted to let you know GunnarGreybeard, your work is appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dachda View Post
    Just got Harnmaster via Columbia Games recent kickstarter. Very interested to see how this project progresses on FG. Just wanted to let you know GunnarGreybeard, your work is appreciated.
    Thanks! Hopefully Columbia Games will step up and put the resources into making a dedicated ruleset (i.e., an actual developer).
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    So, I've been watching some video and reading "how to posts" and I decided to dive back into working on an actual HârnMaster 3 Ruleset (built on MoreCore). Rather than having a player needing to load a generic MoreCore character sheet load and manually edit the different fields/section headings, I'm diving in to tweak/adjust the underlying code. This allows most of the work needed to build a PC to be done on loading the sheet rather than being done manually by the player. There would still be a good amount of information to enter but it will cut down on work needed to 'prep' the character sheet layout.

Hopefully I can make it work like I envision without getting me over my head in coding stuff. I'll post more as I progress.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Real beginner on FG somewhat...and HARN but I'm trying to get my first adventure setup using FG and D&D 5E framework....calendar isn't perfect by any means...but I can still post images..."Story" lines...do a character sheet (modified)...move tokens and assign tokens.... your thoughts?????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
    Real beginner on FG somewhat...and HARN but I'm trying to get my first adventure setup using FG and D&D 5E framework....calendar isn't perfect by any means...but I can still post images..."Story" lines...do a character sheet (modified)...move tokens and assign tokens.... your thoughts?????
    Are you using Warflail's 5e conversion stuff or just running a D&D5e game set in Hârn? I've been running my own homebrew using 5e (limited races and classes) as well as custom created monsters to fit HârnWorld for about a year now.

For building an actual, functioning HârnMaster 3 Ruleset using MoreCore, I have given that project up for the time being as I started getting to far in over my technical abilities.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; November 22nd, 2020 at 05:04.

Not aware of Warflail's 5E conversion stuff

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Are you using Warflail's 5e conversion stuff or just running a D&D5e game set in Hârn? I've been running my own homebrew using 5e (limited races and classes) as well as custom created monsters to fit HârnWorld for about a year now.

For building an actual, functioning HârnMaster 3 Ruleset using MoreCore, I have given that project up for the time being as I started getting to far in over my technical abilities.
    Thanks for reply....I really just want to use the HARN environment...the maps....the medieval sense and core writings...not overly keen about the combat system so may well revert at some stage to 5E.....I once dabbled in Rolemaster so could conceivably use that system also....I am an older player with time on hands and just enjoying getting into HARN.... (Never actually played it)...

Your further thoughts or advice would be welcome...

Blog Entries
    You can use any system in the HârnWorld setting, but none are really going to replicate HârnMaster. IMHO, D&D5e is actually terrible at it, even with lots of optional rules to try and make it 'gritty'. My next HârnWorld game based will likely be a Savage Worlds one, probably set in Chybisa.

Hello, is this project still alive? I'm currently playing FGU in Harnworld, but importing HarnMaster is a big dream for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DerSavage View Post
    Hello, is this project still alive? I'm currently playing FGU in Harnworld, but importing HarnMaster is a big dream for me.
    You probably want to contact this guy --> greybeardgunner70. He's been using Psicodelix' Ruleset Wizard to create his own Harnmaster ruleset.

Thread Information