STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

HârnMaster 3 Ruleset (built on MoreCore)

Trying to build a working HârnMaster 3 ruleset on top of the base MoreCore and while it's still nowhere near as complete as I would like it be I figured I would at least post a progress screenshot. Been working on it off and on over a 'really' long time because every time I hit a roadblock I'd put it away for a while and then eventually pull it back out again a few months later. Unfortunatley, this caused me to delete and redesign pieces of it over an over. The problem for me was, I was stuck on how to do the visual layout so at least all the game features were able to be tracked and it has little to no automation with the exception of the rolls.

Over the last few weeks I think I finally turned a corner and am making progress again so here is a screenshot of the latest iteration. Still have 'ALOT' to do!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Great stuff GunnarGreybeard
    Thanks to you and Dave for getting me this far and a bunch of others whose names unfortunately escape me at the moment.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Looks very interesting! Well, it's 12 years later, is there any work completed towards this effort that could be put to use or renewed?

Let's Connect!

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    Trying to build a working HârnMaster 3 ruleset on top of the base MoreCore and while it's still nowhere near as complete as I would like it be I figured I would at least post a progress screenshot. Been working on it off and on over a 'really' long time because every time I hit a roadblock I'd put it away for a while and then eventually pull it back out again a few months later. Unfortunatley, this caused me to delete and redesign pieces of it over an over. The problem for me was, I was stuck on how to do the visual layout so at least all the game features were able to be tracked and it has little to no automation with the exception of the rolls.

Over the last few weeks I think I finally turned a corner and am making progress again so here is a screenshot of the latest iteration. Still have 'ALOT' to do!
    Gunnar, I'd love to help you any way I can. I'm about to launch a Harnmaster game over FG and would love to use what you've got if you'd be willing to share your files. I can try my hand at this project from there.

Blog Entries
    One of the obstacles for sharing what little I have set up so far is that I also added in all the copyrighted information (like skill text details, etc). All of that would have to be stripped out before anything could be shared (just to have a base character sheet). The skill tests/checks are automatic but little else. One of the biggest obstacles I encountered was tracking 'Injury Levels'. That and the theme no longer works so that would need to be redone.

It's also only really been revisited by me a few times in the last several years. It would be essentially like starting from scratch again.

harnstuff.png

Quote Originally Posted by GunnarGreybeard View Post
    One of the obstacles for sharing what little I have set up so far is that I also added in all the copyrighted information (like skill text details, etc). All of that would have to be stripped out before anything could be shared (just to have a base character sheet). The skill tests/checks are automatic but little else. One of the biggest obstacles I encountered was tracking 'Injury Levels'. That and the theme no longer works so that would need to be redone.

It's also only really been revisited by me a few times in the last several years. It would be essentially like starting from scratch again.

harnstuff.png
    Copyright issues aren't a problem. I've been talking with Grant Dalgliesh at Columbia Games today. He's planning on tackling this project a few months from now, but is starting from zero. He's given me the green light to get things going in the meantime. FYI, I'm the designer of the war-games "Hammer of the Scots," "Crusader Rex," and "Richard III," all published by Columbia Games. I'll have Grant shoot you a permission statement.

Copyright permission for Columbia Games harn material on fantasy grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor View Post
    Copyright issues aren't a problem. I've been talking with Grant Dalgliesh at Columbia Games today. He's planning on tackling this project a few months from now, but is starting from zero. He's given me the green light to get things going in the meantime. FYI, I'm the designer of the war-games "Hammer of the Scots," "Crusader Rex," and "Richard III," all published by Columbia Games. I'll have Grant shoot you a permission statement.
    This message confirms Columbia Games' intent to support development of Hârn and HârnMaster content on the Fantasy Grounds platform by allowing any/all content to be used and distributed FREE on this platform. Columbia Games is also able to contribute graphics and source files to improve the quality of the content on Fantasy Grounds and make development more efficient. For-profit material is excluded and would require a separate agreement. Please included some attribution/link to Columbia Games (columbiagames.com) and mention that Hârn, HârnMaster, and HârnWorld are ® registered trademarks of Columbia Games, Inc.

Blog Entries
    Dang. I would love to have an FG version of Harnmaster to run...
    I'm not stupid, I'm not expendable, and I'm not going!

(But I'll happily be GM...)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Taylor View Post
    I just went ahead and PM'ed you my email address and we'll go from there.

EDIT: I got your email and have sent the character sheet I was working on. Hope it's helpful.
    Last edited by GunnarGreybeard; August 10th, 2020 at 01:19. Reason: added information

Thread Information