DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    There is some information here (DMsG FAQ) about the Guild, how you get paid etc. I don't know what constitutes a job for Medicaid etc, but I believe the DMsG does not file tax reports until you reach a yearly income of $2000. I do believe their are one or two other folks in a similar (disability) situation but I don't know any specifics on what they do earn or their limits etc.

for me, when I do collect the little I earn from my DMsG products I have it sent to PayPal and then I use PayPal to pay for some of my FG purchases.
    Thank you so much! I'm going to contact them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
    Thank you so much! I'm going to contact them.
    From the DMG FAQ

Will I receive a 1099 tax form for my royalty income?
    We do not issue 1099-MISC forms to authors who receive their royalties from us via PayPal payments. The Internal Revenue Service does not require us to include payments made via PayPal on Form 1099-MISC, and as PayPal is currently the only means of withdrawing author royalties, we do not issue 1099-MISC.

Please be aware the Internal Revenue Service does require PayPal to send you a separate, Form 1099-K for PayPal payments when both of these are true: a) payments into your PayPal account total more than $20,000 and b) the total number of payments exceed 200, within a calendar year.

It is therefore likely that many authors will not meet the thresholds for PayPal to send a Form 1099-K. In this case, authors will neither receive a Form 1099-K from PayPal, nor will they receive a Form 1099-MISC from us.

Such taxpayers can then self-report this royalty income with their annual tax-filing by going to their Account page’s My Money section and visiting the “Customer Account Payment History” page. This page will report the total payment amounts made via PayPal during the calendar year. For purposes of reporting this royalty income, the payer is our site’s parent company OneBookShelf, Inc.. The payer information is:

OneBookShelf Inc.

4593 Han**** Way SW

Lilburn, GA 30317

EIN: 20-5670573

For authors who also have publisher accounts with OneBookShelf marketplaces, you may have additional payments from OneBookShelf made by PayPal or check from your publisher account. See the Publisher Knowledge Base tax information section for more information.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

EDIT: The total number of payments cannot exceed 200 in actual payments? This is a massive pain in the ***. I don't know what is realistic or feasible. I should peruse other avenues.
    ----
    I would like to bring this back to the original purpose of the thread.

So has anyone here played Ravenloft Stone Prophet? If so, how much do you think it fudges the rules?

-----
    (another edit)
    Additionally what are yall's opinion(s) on Bards in AD&D vs 3.x vs 4e vs 5e?
    Anyone played a Bard as your main Char in Baldur's Gate 1-2? What's your opinion on their effectiveness / niches?
    Last edited by Yehudah; July 25th, 2019 at 16:19. Reason: edit around 11:20 AM

EDIT: The total number of payments cannot exceed 200 in actual payments? This is a massive pain in the ***. I don't know what is realistic or feasible. I should peruse other avenues.
    ----
    I would like to bring this back to the original purpose of the thread.

So has anyone here played Ravenloft Stone Prophet? If so, how much do you think it fudges the rules?

-----
    (another edit)
    Additionally what are yall's opinion(s) on Bards in AD&D vs 3.x vs 4e vs 5e?
    Anyone played a Bard as your main Char in Baldur's Gate 1-2? What's your opinion on their effectiveness / niches?
    Thats the number of payment transactions, not the amount of money. so if you are receiving money more than 200 times.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Thats the number of payment transactions, not the amount of money. so if you are receiving money more than 200 times.
    yeah I got that. I have not had a job since I was 17. (and that was mostly a family friend hiring me anyway). this is red tape and I can't take risks. I'm gonna have to work out private arrangements for work with people directly if this is gonna work. Would it be okay to redirect this thread back to my original intent?

What are you guys' opinions on Bard(s) in the tabletop versions of D&D in the thread title, but also crpgs, both Beamdog remastered ones and other ones.
    It's rather difficult for me to justify using Bard characters in the D&D computer games (and probably tabletop too) considering it's a low number of party members generally. It makes me think almost like Bard's and Thieves should be a unified class. Or at least a Thief subclass which removes a Bard's more limited Arcane abilities but keeps their other skills.

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    From the DMG FAQ

Please be aware the Internal Revenue Service does require PayPal to send you a separate, Form 1099-K for PayPal payments when both of these are true: a) payments into your PayPal account total more than $20,000 and b) the total number of payments exceed 200, within a calendar year.
    I think this has been misunderstood. The way this is written, 200 payments all by itself wouldn't exceed the 1099 tripwire. You would also have to exceed $20K in the same calendar year. Sorry to resurrect this part, but I think this is an important point that would let the OP make a few beer/game bucks.

I understand that now. Thank you. Unfortunately I'm nowhere near qualified to produce prepackaged original content. Tha'ts not quite what I had in mind. I had contract writing stories and settings for campaigns in mind for table top campaigns. I am not skilled enough yet to design a complete original D&D campaign and if I become skilled enough it's not anytime soon. I'ts a struggle for what I'm doing now trying to put something together which may end up being played by my group of friends in a year or longer.

Blog Entries
    What are you guys' opinions on Bard(s) in the tabletop versions of D&D in the thread title, but also crpgs, both Beamdog remastered ones and other ones.
    It's rather difficult for me to justify using Bard characters in the D&D computer games (and probably tabletop too) considering it's a low number of party members generally. It makes me think almost like Bard's and Thieves should be a unified class. Or at least a Thief subclass which removes a Bard's more limited Arcane abilities but keeps their other skills.
    I've played or had players play bards a few times in previous versions. They never really fit or performed well. Some versions they were just... weak and extremely situational. In general they have never really appealed to me.

In 5E, they are much better. Not sure if they appeal to me, but they have a place in almost any party and are competitive if you worry about that.

As for CRPGs, wouldn't be qualified to comment.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I play a bard in 3.5e (the kobold bard of my profile picture ) and they can perform there really well (they have a buff there which grant them +30 bluff...). But as LordEntrails said, a bard might not work well depending on how one skills them. A bard (in 3.5e) is therefore not a class I would suggest for a new player, it takes some knowledge to play them. When one knows how to play them, then they can be really fun to play (e.g. there are builds to make them very strong in melee combat)

EDIT: and in a good group one can have nice combinations of actions. Like using fascinate just to give the rogue an opportunity to backstab the NPC. The bard can also be really useful in many other roleplaying aspects and supportive ways
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 26th, 2019 at 16:09.

Thread Information