STAR TREK 2d20

Custom Class Creation

I am looking for a tutorial on how to create a custom class for Pathfinder. Everywhere I have looked for such a tutorial, all I can find are ones for D&D 5e. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

There's a chapter in the Advanced Class Guide on how to design base classes as well as prestige classes.
    Here's a link if you want to take a look online.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    There's a chapter in the Advanced Class Guide on how to design base classes as well as prestige classes.
    Here's a link if you want to take a look online.
    I was asking about a custom class for Pathfinder, in Fantasy Grounds. The other part is easy.

Create a new class( open classes) right-click at 6 is new item)

New class

Add name..
    add class description below in text box

switch tabs
    Click on the empty area next to type = set it to base
    Hit die enter a (d6 or d8 or d10) the class HD
    Base attack = base attack progression (fast, medium, slow for fighter, rogue, wizard as examples)
    Fort, Ref, Will = good or bad (most classes get two good 1 bad)
    Skill ranks = number of skill ranks per level the class gets
    Class skills = enter the text for the skills "Acrobatics (Dex), Appraise (Int), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Heal (Wis), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all) (Int), Linguistics (Int), Perception (Wis), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Stealth (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha)."

Features - create a feature for everything the class gets. along with the level (number to left = level they get it)

At first level class gets a few things
    At second level that class gets
    At third they get say a boost to speed and they get another one at 6,9,12,15,18 then you create the same ability with the relevant information for each of those levels
    Feats at 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15 etc
    once the information is entered in you can drop it on the character sheet to advance the level.

Here is a quick Gif

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by madman; July 23rd, 2019 at 21:42.
    "Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind."...MJK... Tool frontman

Your best starting point is to pick a class that is close(ish) to the one you're making. Make a copy of that class (drag/drop within the class window) and then edit that copy. It will give you an idea of the fields and class abilities.

Note - if the class is a spellcaster, then you may have to make an extension that modifies the ruleset manager_char.lua script which contains the spells/level mapping and other such things.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Your best starting point is to pick a class that is close(ish) to the one you're making. Make a copy of that class (drag/drop within the class window) and then edit that copy. It will give you an idea of the fields and class abilities.

Note - if the class is a spellcaster, then you may have to make an extension that modifies the ruleset manager_char.lua script which contains the spells/level mapping and other such things.
    Currently, I'm trying to add the Arcanist class... Should I start with a Sorcerer then?

Thread Information