FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    As a reminder to everyone on these forums:

We do not condone or support copyright violations or piracy of any kind - whether for free or not.

Please do not approach people privately to obtain copyright protected material.

@FG Community: If someone approaches you in this vein please report their PM/post (there's a little report "!" icon in the reply to a PM window) to moderators. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry I was not advocating piracy!

Blog Entries
    Don't buy anything else. At least not yet. All of the additional purchases are niceties. They save you time, lots and lots of time, but they don't do anything you can't do with time and patience. Play and use what you have, then as you start to get more and more into FG you will want those other things. Besides, maybe your players will gift you something like MTof or Volos so you have more ready to go NPCs. Or because they want to use one of the races or classes etc.

Now, I personally have the essentials bundle and consider everything in it except for SCAG as being very valuable. Not convinced either way on SCAG yet. I also own various modules, most of which I've used or plan to use shortly.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Don't buy anything else. At least not yet. All of the additional purchases are niceties. They save you time, lots and lots of time, but they don't do anything you can't do with time and patience. Play and use what you have, then as you start to get more and more into FG you will want those other things. Besides, maybe your players will gift you something like MTof or Volos so you have more ready to go NPCs. Or because they want to use one of the races or classes etc.

Now, I personally have the essentials bundle and consider everything in it except for SCAG as being very valuable. Not convinced either way on SCAG yet. I also own various modules, most of which I've used or plan to use shortly.
    Advice is much appreciated. I don't mean to sound lazy, but I prefer to make things as easy on myself as possible up front. I am heavily busy with many things, all at once. Much of what i'm doing is designed to stave off despair and anxiety. I recently beat Baldur's Gate the computer game for the first time in my life. I loved every minute of it. I have not really had much table top but I've always wanted to play it. The cheapest way for me to enjoy D&D is to get heavily discounted old computer games on occasion. (if someone has advice on how to not get massacred in Ravenloft Stone Prophet I would appreciate that lol!) If I did not keep myself very busy, I would sink into extreme, almost unbearable depression.

Table Top has always been prohibitively expensive, and this is the first time i've spent some months trying to find the cheapest possible ways to play it. But I also lack skill, (and unfortunately, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed) and probably would not have the patience to input lots of numbers and calculate things on my own. I actualy did design, back in middle school, and yes I know, I'm 3 decades old now, very simple rule systems because I did not have the funds back then to buy rulebooks either. I suspect they were really awful and imbalanced! Were I able to work, I would be perusing multiple hobbies. Very many people today complain about getting too few hours, small hourly wages, or too many hours! A """"dead end minimum wage part time job""" would be a blessing I wish I had. I've never been good with rules, but when I was a child, I used to write my own stories by pretending with my friend to go on epic adventures. I have made a new home on this forum in part because any dignity I once had is probably long gone.
    I have to count my blessings every day. I am lucky to be alive due to my compromised immune system problems.
    I want to, and plan on, supporting Smiteworks.

Blog Entries
    Make sure you check out FG College, fantasygroundscollege.net They will help you get up to speed fast with FG and have lots of resources.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Have you looked at the Monsters and Items etc that are included in the Basic Rules (included) and SRD (included)?
    As others have suggested if money is tight you have the most important pieces - the license and the players handbook.
    You will know when you need/want more material.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Have you looked at the Monsters and Items etc that are included in the Basic Rules (included) and SRD (included)?
    As others have suggested if money is tight you have the most important pieces - the license and the players handbook.
    You will know when you need/want more material.
    been on and off the wiki today.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Make sure you check out FG College, fantasygroundscollege.net They will help you get up to speed fast with FG and have lots of resources.
    gonna check it out!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
    been on and off the wiki today.
    Actually activate and open the modules in FG and see what is in them.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Actually activate and open the modules in FG and see what is in them.
    Alright. Hang on. I'm listneing to a livestream and looking for open source artwork. I'll do that in the near future.

Thread Information