STAR TREK 2d20

LFP's - 2E Campaign - weekly Sunday to Thursday, Start Time open after 5 PM PST

Start Time: Shooting for 5 PST, can adjust according to schedules.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly to bi-weekly as needed. Shooting for 4-5 hour sessions.
    Term: At least levels 4-5. Will decide as group if we continue (I like campaigns 1 - 20, but best to leave a window to allow for graceful exit.)

Text or Voice: Text and voice.
    Voice software used: Discord.
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No.

Role-play & Combat mix: This is really dependent upon the players.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 4 (shooting for 5)
    Character starting level & equipment: 1
    Character restrictions: 2E classes and races

Details of scenario:
    Home brew with a heavily borrowed/altered material. I'd say ratio is 20/80. 20% home-brew. This is a 2E game. It is far harsher than 5E. I'm really shooting for sandbox. Players will drive the story. Characters will be from the general starting region but from there its up to the players what happens.

Game world will be the World of Greyhawk, starting in northeast portion of the Duchy of Geoff, current year 591 CY. Large portions of Geoff are still under giant and orcish control, the early victories in years 585-588 CY have stalled. The region hangs in precarious balance between the forces of humans and their demi-human allies and the forces of the giants. The liberated city of Hochoch has sent out requests for all able and willing men and women to aid in the vanquishing of the invaders.

Player Requirements:

After playing in a couple of campaigns in FG I have a few requirements from players. First, play inexperience is welcomed. Inexperience is preferred since I am borrowing / using old 2E adventure modules. Experience is good too, if something seems familiar try not to metagame too much. Also let me know so if we have to we can shift gears.

1. Please show up on time. If you can't, please give at least two or three day notice so the group can adjust.

2. Player attentiveness is a must. Without visual it is hard to tell if everyone is engaged. If distracted, just let everyone know. A quite room without distractions during play is highly recommended and encouraged. Children/spouses/pets are distractions. Let them know you can spend time with them at a different time.

3. Player involvement is a must. I, as the DM, merely guide the game. I am not the sole contributor. Out of a character party of 4, player input is 4/5th of the game, so be involved. (at one's comfort level of course). This is where the amount of role play will be determined.

4. Decent hardware is a must. Your computer system doesn't have to be top of the line but a desktop with a decent sized monitor goes a long way with FG. Laptops and tablets are the absolute worst for FG. The reasoning for this requirement is I've noticed large portions of time in game is spent with laptops or tablets players fiddling with the interface. Basic tech knowledge will be helpful.

5. Decent internet connect. Again, doesn't have to be top of the line but spotty connections will not work.

6. A headset and mic. No one wants to listen to feedback or background noise from an open mic. Push to talk using a hot key not used for anything else.

7. You don't have to know all the rules for 2E, obviously, but know your character.

Direct Message if interested. Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by davann; July 24th, 2019 at 03:53.

Have three, looking for one or two more.

Thread Information