STAR TREK 2d20

Dice query and CT query

Hi all. was wondering whether the % die issue (presuming people considerate it an issue) is well known and whether it will addressed with FGU.
    When I roll % die and the "Tens" die is eg."90" and the ones die is a "ten", it comes up as "100" in chat. This would normally be considered a "90" (Unless I am unconventional )
    This is consistent for every "Ones" die coming up "10"

Is there a way when you mouse over a creature on the map that it could be highlighted some way in the CT? (So you know who it is). I dont always use NPC numbering and when I do and have lots of NPC's in combat it is time consuming figuring where the creature is on the CT)

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.
    Cheers

Feel free to take a peek at my Ars Magica ruleset. The D100 issue annoyed me so I went over it until I got a solution.

- Obe
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldev View Post
    Hi all. was wondering whether the % die issue (presuming people considerate it an issue) is well known and whether it will addressed with FGU.
    When I roll % die and the "Tens" die is eg."90" and the ones die is a "ten", it comes up as "100" in chat. This would normally be considered a "90" (Unless I am unconventional )
    This is consistent for every "Ones" die coming up "10"
    It depends how you look at it... It appears that in some areas/cultures how FG does it is accepted. I've certainly been brought up with the way you describe, but others are used to the way FG does it.

Some history behind it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...die-convention

Ultimately, you still get 1-100. So, it's not an "issue" in terms of mechanics, it's purely personal preference "issue"...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

FGU adds a "ones" die (0-9) that is used for percentiles. However, most rulesets that use percentile dice will probably need to be updated, so that it is handled correctly.

Regards,
    JPG

G'day Obe. Thanks I will. Cheers

Cool, cheers Moon Wizard.

Another CT tool that could be good is way to roll multiple attacks from a group of same creatures vs a target.
    For example if I have 20 orc minions with bows vs 4 PCs, it would be easy and quicker to use drag or key(s) to group said minions and attack each PC with 5 attacks. It's very slow selecting each minion, targeting, attacking, ending turn etc.
    Hope I explained that well enough.. ��
    Last edited by Maldev; July 23rd, 2019 at 00:37.

I usually just use the attacks and damage from the first creature to do all the attack and damage rolls, instead of trying to find the attacks for each one separately.

Regards,
    JPG

Actually, Moon, as I think you're aware I've been doing a lot with the DORCore around the Universal Die Roller (UDR) - I'd really, really like to get a look at the new Die-Engine inside FGU to make sure I'm not working at cross purposes to you and to make sure I'm not going downa blind alley. I'd really appreciate it if we could work something out, please?

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz