5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Tyranny of Dragons rerelease

So it was recently announced that Tyranny of Dragons is getting a rerelease. This article says it is only going to be in game and hobby stores.

I've got 2 questions for it in regards to Fantasy Grounds.

1) I take it Fantasy Grounds doesn't count as a game and hobby store in regards to this right? So it isn't releasing as a combined version?

2) It mentions updating the adventure separately from the stuff that was only available online aka the errata. Will these updates apply to the Fantasy Ground adventures that are the 2 standalone ones?

Don’t have an answer for you. But any errata that appeared is already in the current FG versions as far as I know.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Tyranny of Dragons re-release is today, I see roll20 has it now. Any word yet on if it will be coming to Fantasy Grounds or not?

Today's FG update included several updates to HotDQ and RoT. I assume this is related to the re-release?

Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    Today's FG update included several updates to HotDQ and RoT. I assume this is related to the re-release?
    Indeed. The updates today include a small amount of errata that appear in the revised combined hardback and I took the opportunity to update the tokens and images for monsters and NPCs. AFAIK there will not be a combined release on FG since that would create issues for people that only purchased one of the adventures.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Is the errata new compared to this document? https://media.dnd.wizards.com/HotDQ-Errata.pdf

Is there a chance you would be able to share the errata details if it is different? Just asking since one would be able to find it if they had the new book in front of them to easily compare. Not on my home comp to see the changes myself by opening two instances of FG before and after the update. I'm just curious what the changes were in encounters.

Totally understandable if you can't.
    Last edited by Paperclipkiller; October 22nd, 2019 at 22:49.

I suspect so - I can't get your link to work. Here's the lsit of changes in full

Episode 1 Seek the Keep 7 In the second sentence of the first paragraph, change “eight kobolds” to “seven kobolds”.
    Episode 1 Seek the Keep 8 Change the first sentence of the fourth paragraph to read: "Unless the party interferes, the kobolds assume the characters are cultists and ignore them."
    Episode 1 Seek the Keep 8 Change the seventh paragraph to read: "Each time the party retreats from an enemy group, they run into d6 more townsfolk headed for the keep. For every four townsfolk in tow, the group must move past one more enemy group to reach the keep."
    Episode 1 Seek the Keep 8 In the Rewards section, add a new paragraph at the end that reads: “Alternatively, if you are using the milestone experience rule, the characters reach 2nd level once they arrive at the keep.”
    Episode 1 The Sally Port 9 In the second sentence of the third paragraph, change “one acolyte” to “three acolytes” and “four kobolds” to “three kobolds”.
    Episode 1 The Sally Port 9 In the first sentence of the fourth paragraph, change “one guard” to “two guards” and “four kobolds” to “three kobolds”.
    Episode 1 Dragon Attack 9 In the Rewards paragraph, add the following sentence after the existing text, “For their role in driving off the dragon, the characters receive four potions of healing from the grateful Governor Nighthill.”
    Episode 1 Prisoners 9 Change the first and second sentence of the fourth paragraph to read: "Leaving the keep through the front gate is out of the question—too many raiders watch it."
    Episode 1 Save the Mill 10–11 In the second sentence of the fifth paragraph, change "plus" to "and".
    Episode 1 Sanctuary 11 In the first sentence of the sixth paragraph, change “two cultists” to “four cultists” and “six kobolds” to “four kobolds".
    Episode 1 Developments 12 Delete the second paragraph.

Here's the link with all the extra data removed that caused it to fail: https://media.dnd.wizards.com/HotDQ-Errata.pdf
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It was a link to the errata on their site if googling "Hoard of the Dragon Queen errata". Google links are weird sometimes.

That does appear to be brand new errata. Thanks for the update!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I suspect so - I can't get your link to work. Here's the lsit of changes in full

Episode 1 Seek the Keep 7 In the second sentence of the first paragraph, change “eight kobolds” to “seven kobolds”.
    Episode 1 Seek the Keep 8 Change the first sentence of the fourth paragraph to read: "Unless the party interferes, the kobolds assume the characters are cultists and ignore them."
    Episode 1 Seek the Keep 8 Change the seventh paragraph to read: "Each time the party retreats from an enemy group, they run into d6 more townsfolk headed for the keep. For every four townsfolk in tow, the group must move past one more enemy group to reach the keep."
    Episode 1 Seek the Keep 8 In the Rewards section, add a new paragraph at the end that reads: “Alternatively, if you are using the milestone experience rule, the characters reach 2nd level once they arrive at the keep.”
    Episode 1 The Sally Port 9 In the second sentence of the third paragraph, change “one acolyte” to “three acolytes” and “four kobolds” to “three kobolds”.
    Episode 1 The Sally Port 9 In the first sentence of the fourth paragraph, change “one guard” to “two guards” and “four kobolds” to “three kobolds”.
    Episode 1 Dragon Attack 9 In the Rewards paragraph, add the following sentence after the existing text, “For their role in driving off the dragon, the characters receive four potions of healing from the grateful Governor Nighthill.”
    Episode 1 Prisoners 9 Change the first and second sentence of the fourth paragraph to read: "Leaving the keep through the front gate is out of the question—too many raiders watch it."
    Episode 1 Save the Mill 10–11 In the second sentence of the fifth paragraph, change "plus" to "and".
    Episode 1 Sanctuary 11 In the first sentence of the sixth paragraph, change “two cultists” to “four cultists” and “six kobolds” to “four kobolds".
    Episode 1 Developments 12 Delete the second paragraph.
    Is... Is that it? That's what they meant with "Completely reworked first chapter"? Just removing some Kobolds here and there...

Thread Information