STAR TREK 2d20

Targeting issues within the system.

Hi, new DM here Loving the system so far but I am having one major issue. I have an NPC monster who is targeting a player, who is in range and rolling an attack. However the system isn't actually targeting the player at all so the roll to hit is showing as an untargeted. I have tried having the monster target other players with the same result. Player however are not having this problem. Also I am making all attack rolls from the CT as well. Not sure what I am doing wrong

Blog Entries
    Do you have the PC in the CT?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Do you have the PC in the CT?
    I do indeed. I have cleared out the CT repopulated everyone and tried again, I keep getting the same result. NPC show they are targeting players in the CT but attack rolls and damage rolls do not reflect that.

Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

There is at least one extension and I can't remember which one which casues this issue.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Are you using any extensions? Does this happen in a new campaign without extensions?

There is at least one extension and I can't remember which one which casues this issue.
    I was not using any extensions. It happened in the middle of the campaign actually. I completely restarted FG and it works now but I had to start the encounter over and reset all my windows and so did my players. It's a fix but a long one that can be disruptive.

One other possibility then. Go into your FGData directory (press the small folder icon top right of the start screen) and find the rulesets folder. Delete the CoreRPG.pak and ruleset pack for the ruleset you were using (so if 5e then the 5e.pak). And then update FG.

Oh, oh. And another thing. Make sure that this little button was not pressed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

This worked like a charm. Thank you The little button was pressed.

Sorry for the tread Necro But thank you so much Zacchaeus for reminding me about the button.

Thread Information