5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by pacio49 View Post
    Morbius,

I don't have the Zealot class in the D&D source materials I have for Fantasy Grounds. I'm sorry, but you'll want to rework it because unless I have something that FG supports from a core mechanics point of view, it's not generally allowed in my games.

I have PHB, MM, DMG, SCAD, Volo's, the FG UA Module, Xanathar's, and Mordenkainens, plus the ElemEvil Player's set. No 'Zealot' there. Hate to do this, but please edit your post and concept, or come up with a new one. No zealots in the game, and from a quick scan of the web, many DM's actively dislike the Zealot class, which makes me think it's broken even before I do research.

For clarity, the UA materials allowed are not the 'tester' classes and races posted under the Unearthed Arcana article series on D&D's website. It's the stuff that gets "Canonized and coded" into the FG module. Currently, that means under UA, the things that are allowed are:

-Artificer, Cleric variant, Druid variant, Sidekick expert, Sidekick spellcaster, Sidekick warrior, Sorcerer variant, and Wizard variant for classes
    -Centaur, Changeling, Dwarf variant, Elf variant, Gnome variant, Half-elf/human/half-orc Dragonmarked varieties, Halfling variant, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shifter, Simic Hybrid, Vedalkin, Viashino, and Warforged.

Good catch. Apologies for the lack of clarity there. Cool concept, but I stick within what's coded for my VTT sessions only.

Thanks.
    -Adam
    I believe he's referring to the Path of the Zealot, Barbarian subclass from Xanathar's.

This looks and sounds excellent!

• Your mundane world name: Robin
    • Your preferred pronouns/gender identity: Male, He/Him
    • Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience: Intermediate
    • Your level of FG experience, same ranks: None, unfortunately
    • Your time zone/general region of the world you will be playing from: GMT, United Kingdom. My most available times are the evening, night, which fits nicely
    • Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process: I’m a huge game nerd, am currently studying 3D Games Art at university, and I also love to cosplay!

• Your character concept. Race, class, future class specialization, name (but that can change), gender (also mutable), any plans on multiclassing and to what, preferred weapon(s) or spells, your background, etc.:
    I believe for this one I’d enjoy trying to play a Way of Shadow Monk, a class I haven’t played with much previously. He is a high elf named Ilidael, who primarily uses a quarterstaff in combat, but wields daggers on occasion too. My major focus with him would be dealing damage. I think as a background I’d like to follow the Faction Agent route if possible.

• A short bit about your character's history: Unlike many others, his monastic training was his own choice, and not one he made until a little way into life. Having spent a lot of time in and around Luskan, Ilidael struggled with keeping his own spirits high when his surroundings were filled with such negative energy. What began as simple, self-taught meditation, led to the seeking of a monastery when he had his chance to move into Baldur’s Gate. If he learned one thing from Luskan, however, it was the rewards that a well-connected master of subterfuge may reap. Reluctant to kill without purpose, but happy to act as a spy or hired hand, he eventually turned to relying on small contracts he could pick up. Living and breathing in his own zone, Ilidael would seldom be seen by those he was not acquainted with - for when he was actually away from his monastery or home, he was enveloped in the shadows of the night.

So to answer the setting question, the sword coast!

Thank you for your consideration, and I look forwards to hearing how it went

Personal / Experience Questions
    Your mundane world name: Nick
    Your preferred pronouns/gender identity: He/Him/His
    Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience: as a player i'm not super experienced, as a DM i have a decent amount of 5e exp, running my 3rd campaign now.
    Your level of FG experience: I have ultimate and am currently running a bi-weekly 5e game, I am a fan of getting the most automation i can out of FG.
    Your time zone/general region of the world you will be playing from: I am in California(PDT), also known as (GMT-8).
    Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process: i work in electrical engineering, i fly flight sims and play DnD in my free time.

D&D Questions
    Your character concept. Race, class, future class specialization, name (but that can change), gender (also mutable), any plans on multiclassing and to what, preferred weapon(s) or spells, your background, etc.
    Eise Falconhand: V. Human Vengeance Paladin, male, age 24. I plan to use a glaive and play as a control melee. If there is some plot hook dealing with extra-planar corrupting influences, perhaps working in some hexblade warlock multiclassing could be a thing, this i leave to DM's discretion

A short bit about your character's history.
    Eise (aye-suh) is a descendant of the Falconhand family that started the Knights of Myth Drannor. Having such illustrious kin, he is in a large hurry (perhaps, too much of a hurry) to prove himself worthy of the family name. As his parents were too busy adventuring to raise him, most of his early life was spent in the care of acolytes of Torm. This upbringing has made him a bit socially awkward, and morally unbending.

IF you are experienced in D&D settings, decide please which world you come from.
    Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast.

On a seperate note, I would be willing to try out a wizard if the chance comes around.

Your mundane world name - Don

Your preferred pronouns/gender identity - Male pronouns or my name is fine but I'm not really worried about it honestly.

Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience - Advanced (I would never call myself an Expert but I have been playing a LONG time and I both play and DM 5e. I will GLADLY help any newer players)

Your level of FG experience - I am intermediate with FG. I play and DM using it regularly but am still learning the DM side of the system better.

Your time zone - I am USA Central time which makes your Eastern time of the game perfect for me.

Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process - Heh well gaming might be obvious. I also design and draw a lot some technical and some artistic. I recently learned to weld for some personal motorcycle projects. I am also a beginner on bass guitar and I have a couple degrees in Graphic design. The list goes on. I painted game miniatures for almost 20 years as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Your character concept. Race - Human (The concept came tome when I asked why a hag or a witch themed character was always an NPC What if one wasn't an evil monster but a PC wizard?)

class - Wizard

future class specialization - Undecided at this time

name - Madena

gender - Female

multiclassing - no thanks lol

preferred weapon(s) or spells - Prefer to be a spell generalist and flexible but as you will see in my character concept below many spells that fit with a hag or cackling witch theme. (plenty of thematic utility and some combat spells)

your background - (just the highlights here for brevity sake) When Madena was a young girl her parents sold her to a witch doctor of a wondering tribe to avoid starvation. Madena grew up in the tribe as a cast off, an outsider that would never be accepted. The witch Doctor subjected her to alchemical potion experiments and spell rituals all in the efforts serving his tribe. When Madena was in her senior years (About 64 years old) The witch Doctor finally dies and the tribe cast out Madena. Since that time she has wandered Faerûn selling her minor alchemical potions and spell services. Sometimes staying on the streets of a town for weeks before moving on. Madena Looks a lot older than she is due the the abuse and magical and alchemical exposure throughout her life. (The concept came from me wondering what it would be like to play a hag/witch archtype as a PC rather than the typical NCP character).

one major memory from your Childhood - The day my Parents sold me.

one from your Adolescence - My first kiss from a tribal boy who later was beaten for touching a cursed girl.

one from your Apprenticeship -The methods taught to me by the witch doctor in the last year before he died in hopes I would still serve the tribe.

IF you are experienced in D&D settings, decide please which world you come from - At this point Madena has been wandering the sword coast eeking out her survival by selling potions and occasionally hiring out to use her magic for others from low life scum to loose adventurers. Madena is an ugly old woman often mistaken for a hag or a witch so she is shunned by many. she has no concept of propriety or socialized manners but she does care for others.

With all this above I can say I am also willing to change characters if it is needed. Madena is my first choice and I knew the character's personality well enough that the other players will understand rather quickly what she is like in the game. I also have a hand drawn face portrait of her in a style I rarely ever use lol but needed to so I could get the feel of her worn appearance and nasty hair across.
    Last edited by hedrondesign; July 25th, 2019 at 01:33. Reason: spelling error

Name: Mike (He/Him)
    RPG XP: Advanced. Began play with AD&D 2e back in the late 80s, then took a hiatus until Pathfinder a few years back. Have been playing mostly 5e and Savage Worlds for the last 2 years.
    FG XP: Advanced. I have been using FG for 2+ years, as both a player and DM.
    Region: EST (GMT -5); US Southeast
    Hobby: Outside of D&D, my time is normally spent with my wife and three teens.

Background: Tharivol Othronus, High Elf male Nature Cleric, born and raised in Loudwater, always found with his trusty quarterstaff. As a child, Tharivol would frequently make trips to the High Forest with his father, Toross. One particular journey into the forest, they stumbled upon the Grandfather Tree, which whipsered a simple phrase into Tharivol's mind and shaped the remainder of his life. Those whispered words were, "...You will find him..." Tharivol's love of the forest and nature, remained true as he grew in age, and led to his discovery of Silvanus, whom he still worships today. He began to devote more and more time to his worship, until he was approached by a Forest Master, Galan Elyarus, and joined the local monastary devoted to Silvanus. There, Tharivol remained for the next 200 years, studying and researching and worshipping, but those words he heard long ago still echoed in his mind. Recently, Tharivol believes he has discovered the location of a great evil through his research, and his faith is so strong he believes the words of the Grandfather Tree have come to fruition. He is leaving his monastary for the first time in centuries, on what he believes to be a righteous quest.

Player: I have no plans to multiclass, as I am not a fan of it. My preferred/favorite spells are Thaumaturgy and Magic Circle.

I also forgot to mention that I have streamed in the past and have a good mic and cam if ever needed. I am perfectly comfortable in a streaming environment and game especially with action descriptions for my characters. I am hoping to begin streaming again soon just life happens sometimes.

Excellent character concepts. One more week left for applications, but I can already see a fun campaign spinning up just from what's been submitted so far.

#1 - Thanks for the clarification on Path of the Zealot. I haven't had much chance to play the fun stuff in Volo's myself yet so it's not immediately on my radar and I appreciate the heads up.

#2 - We'll be playing a single character, so folks with two in the app, know that the slot will be awarded with one. I would rather see one character that you are more invested in than trying to hedge bets by putting up multiple concepts when the application asks for one. You might want to edit your original post by the end of this next week to clearly indicate which is your first choice.

#3 - To the folks who wrote to me back channel - No worries about no experience. Just take a stab at your character concept and be honest about your experience in the application post. The kinds of player groups I assemble are usually very supportive and help each other figure out how to get the most out of the game and are tolerant for changes moving forward as need be to 'play into' something that doesn't quite fit the way it was conceived once you actually hit the game setting.

Thanks again, and keep the apps coming. Next week I'll have my work cut out for me.

-DM Adam

(I'm working under the channel name of One For Fun Gaming. Twitch is still not set up. I made a solitary post to get YouTube set up. The game will be live streamed to both Twitch and YouTube. More specific URLs as we get closer to the game.)

Will we be using the standard point buy system for stats? So I can start to build something just in case to have it ready. Always nice to have some build characters on my laptop for cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf_Boy View Post
    Will we be using the standard point buy system for stats? So I can start to build something just in case to have it ready. Always nice to have some build characters on my laptop for cons.
    +1 i rolled stupid-good stats when i made my pally in FG (4d6 for each stat, choose 3 best), if its going to point buy i'll have to rethink a few things.

Ah yes, starting stats. House rules.
    Assign the following scores to your base ability stats before mods by race or feat:

18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8

Especially running Strahd, the Dark Gothic Romance means shining brilliance and tragic flaws, so you're welcome for that 18, and have fun with the 8.

Newbies or folks without experience rolling up characters, feel free to not worry about this portion of things just yet unless you want to.

Thread Information