STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Ahhh, I misunderstood. I thought we would all be seeing each other and interacting face to face. I guess I'm old fashioned that way. If that's not the case, I would like to remove myself from consideration.

You sound like an awesome DM, wish it wasn't 2am on Monday morning where I live! Good luck!

Morbius,

I don't have the Zealot class in the D&D source materials I have for Fantasy Grounds. I'm sorry, but you'll want to rework it because unless I have something that FG supports from a core mechanics point of view, it's not generally allowed in my games.

I have PHB, MM, DMG, SCAD, Volo's, the FG UA Module, Xanathar's, and Mordenkainens, plus the ElemEvil Player's set. No 'Zealot' there. Hate to do this, but please edit your post and concept, or come up with a new one. No zealots in the game, and from a quick scan of the web, many DM's actively dislike the Zealot class, which makes me think it's broken even before I do research.

For clarity, the UA materials allowed are not the 'tester' classes and races posted under the Unearthed Arcana article series on D&D's website. It's the stuff that gets "Canonized and coded" into the FG module. Currently, that means under UA, the things that are allowed are:

-Artificer, Cleric variant, Druid variant, Sidekick expert, Sidekick spellcaster, Sidekick warrior, Sorcerer variant, and Wizard variant for classes
    -Centaur, Changeling, Dwarf variant, Elf variant, Gnome variant, Half-elf/human/half-orc Dragonmarked varieties, Halfling variant, Kalashtar, Minotaur, Shifter, Simic Hybrid, Vedalkin, Viashino, and Warforged.

Good catch. Apologies for the lack of clarity there. Cool concept, but I stick within what's coded for my VTT sessions only.

Thanks.
    -Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius Shade View Post
    Ahhh, I misunderstood. I thought we would all be seeing each other and interacting face to face. I guess I'm old fashioned that way. If that's not the case, I would like to remove myself from consideration.
    No worries, thanks for considering it. Sometime in the next 6 months or so I'll end up with multi-monitor setup, and we might go webcam for the crew as well. But currently the plan is just for Discord for VOIP and FG for the tabletop. While that might change, given the other ruling on the Zealot class, I'll just consider this app a withdraw for now. You can feel free to reapply with a different concept if you change your mind.

Thanks!
    -Adam

• Your mundane world name
    Jack

• Your preferred pronouns/gender identity]
    Cis-Male: Call me whatever you want

• Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience - None, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. Advanced and Experts are expected to help newer players come up to speed and make good character decisions/get into the swing of things more for everyone's enjoyment.
    I started playing in high school. I'm currently a senior in college. I think I have a good grasp of how the rules work. I've definitely try to do my homework and at least have an expert knowledge of how my character sheet works, even if I don't have that encyclopedic knowledge of what eve

• Your level of FG experience, same ranks. Advanced and Experts will be asked to help with the mechanics of the VTT system.
    I think I'm advanced with FG. I know a good ammount of the FG code for class abilities like smite and rage that don't automatically work when you download the software.

• Your time zone/general region of the world you will be playing from
    GMT. I understand this would commit me to play from 7 PM to 3 AM, and I'm fine with that.

• Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process
    I'm pretty boring outside of schoolwork and D&D. I love the outdoors, and I'm a lifelong martial artist (1-0 amateur MMA)

You must also include:
    • Your character concept. Race, class, future class specialization, name (but that can change), gender (also mutable), any plans on multiclassing and to what, preferred weapon(s) or spells, your background, etc.

I have two characters that I'd like to play in this campaign, and I can adapt/change them however you want.

Robert Taerwin: A human (variant) or wood elf assassin rogue. He grew up outside Baldur's Gate with an average childhood. His parents loved him and were able to provide a nice upbringing. This blandness drove him to move to the big city, and after failing to find good work as a craftsman, he set out with a merchant-ship. He was content for a while but after making the same voyage up and down the Sword Coast, the itch to explore came back, and he left to answer the question, "What's out there?" He's also motivated in part by gold because it funds his adventures and buys booze. He's not selfish, but he is self-regarding, kinda like Han Solo. His prefered weapons are his trusty rapier and daggers which he either throws or uses to finish off people he's already stuck with the rapier.

Bruun Stonehammer: A Stone Dwarf Paladin (Devotion) whose clan was driven from their ancestral home of KhunDrukar following the orc/troll invasion. His parents went down the river from Silverymoon to Waterdeep and settled as gem cutters, teaching him the importance of protecting what's yours. Bruun began training with the shield after watching an elf blademaster get shot in the face by a gnomish inventor during a disagreement over a basement card game. Bruun saw the influx of Refugees fleeing orcish violence further inland and set off to seek danger in the hopes that he may be able to save at least one person from powers they can't fight. His mission is mostly to protect, so he prefers to use his spellcasting to defend himself or others rather than dumping smites into people.

Quote Originally Posted by pacio49 View Post
    Nope. The stream will be mostly just the FG interface within a frame, and I'll turn on and off my webcam as necessary. Since I currently am restricted to only one monitor, I'll be using the hard copy of the book and notebooks to run the DM portion of things so y'all don't have to "look away" from the DM notes which would otherwise stream as well! Good question.
    Good to know. I'd love to apply but just realized you're in the same timezone as me so this overlaps by half an hour with an existing game I'm in.

I definitely hope to check this out once you start getting episodes up though.

• Your mundane world name
    Doug

• Your preferred pronouns/gender identity
    Male, He/Him

• Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience - None, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Expert. Advanced and Experts are expected to help newer players come up to speed and make good character decisions/get into the swing of things more for everyone's enjoyment.
    With 5e – Advanced, I know the basics and know a few classes well enough.

• Your level of FG experience, same ranks. Advanced and Experts will be asked to help with the mechanics of the VTT system.
    Have used FG for several years. Am comfortable with the interface and know a few tricks. I can edit existing spells but am not practiced and writing new scripts.

• Your time zone/general region of the world you will be playing from
    UTC -7/-8 depending on DST – US Pacific.

• Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process
    City of Heroes, Path of Exile, Computers (build my own), science/tech news, reading

You must also include:
    • Your character concept. Race, class, future class specialization, name (but that can change), gender (also mutable), any plans on multiclassing and to what, preferred weapon(s) or spells, your background, etc

All this darkness makes me want to go bright.

I really dont know the official campaign world. Have always played in home grown settings. I am thinking Sigil is a good home place though I dont know it very well.
    https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Sigil
    https://nether-whisper.ru/rp/planescape/map-of-sigil/

Umlilo Omnyama a Fire Genasi, War Mage Wizard. (I have yet to play a Wizard in 5e and really should.)

Trying to find his father took a risky chance with a planar portal… BIG OOOPS!

Many people here look different - that's why I didnt know - mother hid it from me.

Mother is quite accomplished with fire spells. She holds the chair of fire at the wizard's guild She met father at the summon circle, she had always told me that. It wasn't until recently she told me she met father -in- the summoning circle. She made father sign a contract to father her child in order to be freed. Imagine find that out on your 21st birthday. When I asked her why she said look around you - who would you have preferred? I almost see her point.

I've learned enough magic to move out on my own even if mother thinks otherwise. I shall take a door I hear leads to the plain of fire near the City of Brass. Father is important there.

This doesn't look like the fire plain and you wouldn't wish to make mother angry with you....

Pampered and spoiled are the tried and true trope of starting wizards. Why mess with it. This one has a bit of a temper and has depths that will start to come out once free from his mothers apron strings.

If I do multi it would need to be int/dex based and I dont see it happening.

Big booms and bright flames
    Last edited by Elf_Boy; August 7th, 2019 at 21:18.

• Your mundane world name: Stewart
    • Your preferred pronouns/gender identity: Male (him, it, weirdo-in-the-corner, whatever works)
    • Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience - RPG & DnD Experience: Intermediate/Advanced (20+ years of BG and NWN as well as freeform online role-playing (via forums and chat rooms). Tabletop / 5e experience: Beginner (never played an actual TT game, and most of my knowledge of DnD comes from 3.5e / OGL / PFRPG
    • Your level of FG experience - Beginner / Intermediate (played around with the Standard Edition so am familiar with the UI and fundamentals of FG, but never played an actual game)
    • Your time zone - GMT / BST
    • Some interest or hobby - Avid gamer, and Technology experimentor (Active Directory network running from a Raspberry Pi, anyone). Also AV broadcasting and editing, so if there are streaming problems or you want the final videos to be edited together, I can help.

• Your character concept - M M Calahoun. 30-something Human Ranger from somewhere around Candlekeep. At first glance, you might mistake him for Faramir (from LOTR), but spend just a few minutes with him and you'll find that he really doesn't like you. He doesn't hate you, but he puts everyone in one of three categories: Family, Enemy, or everyone else. If he hasn't declared that you are family, and you're not trying to harm him or his family, then he honestly doesn't give a toss about you. He'd have no issues with putting an arrow in your back while you sleep, just to stop you snoring.
    He was taught basic archery and swordcraft from a young age by his father, but left home as soon as he got the chance. Living on the road, he's self-taught basic survival skills and several languages from necessity, and honed his skills with bows and dual-wielding light swords (favourite combo is rapier/scimitar + longbow for range). When forced to visit a town, he prefers to find a quiet inn and a big book, rather than interact with people more than necessary.
    He's basically a good person, but believes that Right and Wrong are fundamental universal truths, rather than a matter of fluid morality. Therefore he doesn't put much stock in worldly laws, and the only thing preventing him from breaking the law is the fact that they usually agree with his own personal moral code. Generally speaking, he considers the needs of the many to be paramount even above his own happiness. For this reason, he's willing to work with a party to accomplish a goal (such as saving the world), but isn't going to like them unless they truly earn it.
    Discord: MMC#3711

Reply to this post with the following:
    • Your mundane world name - Ryan
    • Your preferred pronouns/gender identity -He/Him/cis
    • Your level of D&D or Tabletop RPG experience - Intermediate, about a good year of D&D5e
    Your level of FG experience, same ranks. Intermediate, I can help with character creation, and I have paid for a pack that makes some automation for racials and feats easier. I also bought pretty much all of the available official 5e content.
    • Your time zone/ -Central Midwest USA which I believe puts me at -5 UTC
    • Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process, I like making a voice for my characters and getting to know them over time. I'm also a fan of Critical Role although I've been taking my time watching them.

You must also include:
    • Your character concept. Grung, Rogue, future class specialization-Inquisitive, Gl'ul'p (but that can change), male (also mutable), any plans on multiclassing (none) and to what, preferred weapon(s) blow darts and darts,sling, your background, Noble.

• A noble of the Gl'ul'p tribe, he was captured by adventurers for a court wizard of some human land. Caged and used for his poison's ability to grant people the Grung language he was used as a simple tool to carry out secret conversations. He knew the common tongue so it was obvious to keep that secret. When the wizard was casting a spell for a teleportation circle he took his chances by changing a rune, and jumping in.

• Faerun from 5e times, probably or some similar world.

Grung are an unofficial player race, but were created by DnD personnel responsible for creating the Volo's guide entry for Grung.I've converted the race's abilities and stats exactly as they should be into a FG module, and can share that with anyone I game with so we can use the material in game. I believe its a great opportunity to give these guys a go, and I think the risks of a high stakes campaign to be a thrilling opportunity to play any of the odd ball options.

There are some things about how I will play that will be secretive about but Gl'ul'p is an aristocratic member of his tribe, a ruling caste Grung, and his color indicates that. He is lawful evil and will be trying to escape the realm and if that fails he wants to return to his cushy lifestyle...for grung standards.

Gl'ul'p will need an "in" to how the party joined so if he met someone willing to look over his poisonous frog nature, he might share that he can speak common with them, in hopes that they become a useful ally or at least a pawn in his scheme. Otherwise he uses his poisonous skin, to give him the ability to communicate and negotiate with others. This doesn't exactly make it easy to communicate with less trusting people, so he's become skilled in the way of charades.
    Last edited by Zomnivore; July 22nd, 2019 at 15:53. Reason: just adding some things I missed

New all round, looking to jump into D&D

Hello,

- Mundane world name: Isaac (the user name is just the same I use for everything, not as edgy as it might appear, hopefully).
    - Preferred pronouns/gender identity: He/Him
    - Level of D&D/Tabletop RPG experience: None, but looking for my first game to get started. Read a lot about mechanics, systems and the like so hopefully not a total blank slate.
    - Level of FG experience: None.
    - Time zone/general region of the world: GMT, UK
    - Some interest or hobby, skill or passion of yours from the outside world to start the getting to know you process: Baker by trade and a Hockey fan, so relatively used to staying awake till early morning, playoffs can be pretty tough.

You must also include:
    - Character concept: Pretty happy to play whatever would be most useful to the party, as this would be my first time playing but I like this idea;

Race - Minotaur
    Class - Cleric
    Domain - Light (or if it's allowed, maybe protection?)
    Name - Kirryl Ironhoof (not sure on Minotaur names in general)
    Gender - Male
    Multiclassing - No plans, probably just look to play a class straight up for a first time.
    Preferred Weapon/Spell - I like the idea of typically using his horns/natural weapons and Sacred flame.
    Background - Far Traveller (If allowed), feel like the "All eyes on you" feature makes a lot of sense for a Minotaur generally, and add some potentially interesting backstory Eg. Traveling the world to preach Light in dark places sort of thing(/protecting the weak if using the domain of protection).

- A short bit about your character's history:
    Not super clued up on D&D lore, but I don't think it would be a stretch to say that his family would have been regarded as dangerous by the society they tried to be a part of. So his childhood memory would be of spending a lot of time among his own kind due to parents being scared of their children being friends with a Minotaur. His family/clan are actively trying to better the opinion of Minotaurs in their community and as a part of this, they are regular worshippers of a deity of light to counter the association with dark labyrinths (if Light domain). Seeking to do his part, he joined the temple and learned the path to becoming a cleric and after some time in training became eager to see the wider world and thus set out on the path of adventuring, seeking to bring light to dark places.

• IF you are experienced in D&D settings, decide please which world you come from. No one will start out coming from Ravenloft/Barovia. You can be from anywhere in the Sword Coast, canon Faerun from 5e times, the city-sprawling plane of Ravnica for those who know it, or, if you wish, a 'magical' version of Medieval or Low Renaissance earth if you wish it (this helps new players ground their experience in something more familiar).
    - As far as this goes, I understand Minotaurs are introduced as a playable race in the Ravnica content so I guess that would make sense, although would appreciate some guidance on this.

Thanks for reading!

Thread Information