The first two sets (octects) of your WAN IP: 73.50
    Using Wireless
    Adapter in Network and Sharing Center set to Private

Results of the tracert 8.8.8.8 command:

Tracing route to dns.google [8.8.8.8]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 2 ms 2 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms 96.120.28.149
    3 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms be156-rur02.elmhurst.il.chicago.comcast.net [162.151.35.201]
    4 21 ms 16 ms 14 ms hu-0-18-0-0-sur07.elmhurst.il.chicago.comcast.net [162.151.92.141]
    5 12 ms 11 ms 13 ms be-111-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [162.151.92.121]
    6 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms be-33491-cr02.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.165]
    7 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms be-10588-pe04.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.50]
    8 12 ms 10 ms 10 ms 96-87-9-122-static.hfc.comcastbusiness.net [96.87.9.122]
    9 * * * Request timed out.
    10 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms dns.google [8.8.8.8]

I am connecting remotely.

This is happening on two different games.

I recently switched to the Netgear Modem and Router when Xfinity updated how they handle Port forwarding ( they now handle it through a SAAS versus an in router software ) and I could not Xfinity's setup to work any longer ( plus I suspect they are also throttling me down ).

Since the switch I have had issues while playing Fantasy Grounds. I am now getting "Host Connection Lost" quickly followed by "Reconnect to Host". It seems to occur when a new image is pushed up to the screen, but sometimes it appears to just happen.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by jwrightFANTASYG; July 19th, 2019 at 02:43.

Sounds like there is some kind of flood protection on your router that is triggering when a lot of data is being downloaded to the FG port. Look in your router setup for something like this.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I will take a look at the router for the settings.

Blog Entries
    What is your WiFi signal strength like?

Which Netgear router are you using? I'm experiencing the same issue and have a Nighthawk R8000P. The odd thing is that my son is playing on the same network and not having the problem. I have the port forwarding set to my computer though.

Quote Originally Posted by rbeard101 View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue and have a Nighthawk R8000P. The odd thing is that my son is playing on the same network and not having the problem. I have the port forwarding set to my computer though.
    As I mentioned above - check your router for flood protection or DoS protection. FG uses an uncommon port and so some router settings may block excessive data to FG as it could be seen as excessive and trigger protection on your router.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rbeard101 View Post
    Which Netgear router are you using? I'm experiencing the same issue and have a Nighthawk R8000P. The odd thing is that my son is playing on the same network and not having the problem. I have the port forwarding set to my computer though.
    Where is the router compared to you and compared to your son?
    Is your wireless connection as solid as you think it is?

I'm actually hard wired to the router. My son is using the WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Where is the router compared to you and compared to your son?
    Is your wireless connection as solid as you think it is?

Some routers will not allow direct connections between hard-wired devices and devices on wifi by default. I forget what this setting is called, but you may want to look at the various settings to see if you can find it.

@jwrightFANTASYG please confirm some things:

1) You're the player, correct? And where is the GM when this happens? Are they on the same network or remote? If on the same network, are they on WiFi or hard wired like you?
    2) If the GM is remote (out somewhere on the Internet) have you checked what I mentioned in post #2 and #6 above?

Thread Information