STAR TREK 2d20

LFG 3 Players LF Bi-weekly Weeknight Game Mon-Thur US EST Time Zone (end by 10ish)

FG License: I'll be buying a Standard Account. None of us currently have accounts though. (new to FG)
    Time Zone: We live in NY, so EST. Hoping to end by 10 PM.
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Ideally bi-weekly. We can probably move the day of the week around if needed, but I find that a regular schedule is ideal for consistency.
    Term: Ideally to play a campaign or multi-session story arc.
    Voice: We all prefer to use voice and video. We currently play in person but I'm moving 2 hours away so we're hoping to find an online game to continue playing together. We did a one shot this week and enjoyed having the ability to see our faces and chat.

Game System Preferred: We are most experienced with D&D 5e, so that would be easiest. We also play a Starfinder game that we enjoy, but we're not as confident in the rules for that game.
    Game System Experience: We've played various games and campaigns of 5e and are very experienced with the rules. We've been playing a SF campaign for about 3 months now, but when we don't know a rule we typically just do something similar to 5e rather than looking it up. I'd say our understanding of SF is entry-level whereas our experience with D&D is more expert-level.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: We all have zero experience on Fantasy Grounds, but we learn quickly!

Character Type Preferred: We all have played various character types. I'm not sure what everybody would want to play this time around; it would likely depend on the setting of the campaign the most. We always have a good time and laugh a lot while playing. We usually have a healthy mix of serious and comedic characters and we all enjoy getting into character while playing.
    About me: I'll focus on myself for our group of three, but I can honestly say the other two players are an absolute blast to play with. We take D&D seriously in that we like to know the mechanics and develop interesting characters. In past campaigns, our characters' motivations and styles have evolved from in-game experiences. We really have a dynamic approach to character design and development which we want to continue!

But to talk about me a bit, I'm a 29-year-old business professional who has recently been offered a new step in my career but requires me to move. Tabletop roleplaying games are my absolute passion these days and my friends and I really have a good time. When it comes to gaming, I truly believe it's both the players' and the DM's responsibility to ensure everyone gets face time and has fun. I do my best to design characters that have interesting flaws and I'm sure to work toward inclusivity. I usually play a character that adds some comedic value to lighten the mood (e.g.: a character who doesn't lie, an outlander who doesn't understand social custom, or a really selfish Gnome who thinks everyone around him is incompetent). I also love offering to other players to link our backstories in some way to develop interesting roleplay.

Anyway, that kind of sums it up! The three of us prefer games of no more than 5 players to keep things smooth and moving. We'd love to find another pair or threesome of players including a DM to play with!

Hi! I’d love to join. I’m a newish player who also has zero fantasy grounds experience but your playstyle seems to fit right in with mine. Can roll any character you need to fit party composition and am not fussy about anything. Like to have fun and immerse in the experience. Let me know if you need any more info!

Hey Krsonetwothree,

Once I find a DM, I'd happily meet with you in Discord or Skype to chat. I'll keep you posted as I learn more!

Thread Information