DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Confused adventurer

Hey there, folks.
    I'm brand new to FG and I'm getting back into the RP hobby after 20 years of not playing at all. I have the boxed version of the Lost Mines of Phandelver and I'm looking to also purchase it in FG. My confusion is that it says this at the end of the description -

Requirements: The 5E Ruleset and one of the following modules: D&D Basic Rules, D&D Comple Core Class Pack or D&D Character Customization Pack
    Do I need to purchase additional things (besides the adventure module on the site here) to make this work or will my Ultimate FG have that stuff included?
    Any help would be appreciated as my purchase is on hold until I find out.

Thanks

If this isn't in the correct forum, please let me know and I'll delete it and recreate it in a more appropriate place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDhuddist View Post
    Do I need to purchase additional things (besides the adventure module on the site here) to make this work or will my Ultimate FG have that stuff included?
    Any help would be appreciated as my purchase is on hold until I find out.
    The D&D Basic Rules library modules are included with your Fantasy Grounds license - this is the same info that comes in the boxed starter set. The others (complete core class pack or character customization pack) or basically the PHB (there was a marketing decision that labelled the FG versions differently initially) - and you don't get this with your ultimate license.

You can play the Lost Mine of Phandelver fine with the D&D Basic Rules module that comes with FG. If you want data from the PHB, then that will be an FG additional purchase, or enter the data manually as needed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks so much for your quick response. I'll be going ahead and grabbing it now.
    I appreciate it!

Blog Entries
    www.fantasygroundscollege.net will help cast Dispel Magic on that confusion spell And it's all free!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    www.fantasygroundscollege.net will help cast Dispel Magic on that confusion spell And it's all free!
    It might (will!) also be helpful to watch some of the great Tutorial Vids on the Fantasy Grounds Wiki (and on YouTube). Damn's are good, as are Xorn's, and people seem to like mine as well (mine are also available from the links in my sig, below).

Start with the ones on the CoreRPG, because the CoreRPG forms the foundation of just about all the RPGs we play with Fantasy Grounds - so by learning how to use FG with the CoreRPG you'll learn about 80% of what you'll need to know to play any RPG with Fantasy Grounds. Once you've gone through the CoreRPG Videos you can then go on to Videos about your chosen RPG.

When you get familiar with the basic Fantasy Grounds product the next step is to check out some of the Extensions (Plug-Ins) for FG, such as the DOE: Sound, DOE: Locations, DOE: Weather and DOE: Organisations Extensions (to name a but a few - and a Shameless™ Self Plug).

As LordE said, you may also want to drop into the FG College; a great place for newcomers to get started.

And of course, there's plenty of Twitch Channels where you can watch games in progress (including my own, with LordE as a Player - https://www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz - another Shameless™ Self Plug).

And keep on asking questions - we're a pretty friendly lot here, and we love answering questions.

And, finally, Welcome! to the Community

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks for the warm welcome, Dulux! I've been absorbing as much current-gen D&D and FG stuff as I can locate, particularly on YouTube, which I'm addicted to anyway. I've been able to join a group online to start in my first game in many years and it's all coming together nicely. I was DM'ing the Lost Mine of Phandelver for my kids, but then when I got FG I bought the same content so we can play on a VTT instead. I'm loving it so far and a lot of folks have playthroughs of the module from the DM's perspective which I love. Tons of stuff to look at and read so my days have been busy. Although it makes being forced to sit around 24 hours a day with nothing really to do or to look forward to a lot more bearable.
    I look forward to trying to participate in this community.

Thread Information