5E Character Create Playlist

[LFG] 1 Player LF Evening game - MST - prefer 5e

FG License: Ultimate Sub
    Time Zone: MST
    Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: I'm open to any day, I just want it to be consistent and reliable. Weekly preferred. I like evenings.
    Term: Long-Term but would be willing to try some one-shots if the opportunity arose.
    Voice: I can grab whatever chat app you use that works best.

Game System Preferred: 5e with purchased modules (I'm still figuring out the basics again and would rather not also have to figure out homebrew stuff as well)
    Game System Experience: I'm brand new to 5e, but I've been binge'ing on YouTube videos. I played up until I was about 25 then life kicked me in the butt, now I'm 46 and I want to do it again.
    Fantasy Grounds Experience: None other than videos I've seen and reviews, etc. It seemed like the best option for what I'm hoping I'll need.

Character Type Preferred: I don't have a preference, so I'd probably be pretty happy with anything you thought would fit into your current party or your campaign.

About me: I'm 46 and just getting back into D&D after more than 20 years on hiatus and the VTT systems are a whole new thing for me, but if you'd be willing to have a totally "new" player (you'll probably have to do some hand-holding, but I'm friendly enough) I'm looking for a group to play with. I'm not employed but I'm a network admin by trade. I have a wife and 3 kids (2 older, 1 younger).
    As I said, I'm basically a new player so I'd need quite a bit of help with the VTT primarily but also getting back into the swing of things. I've been absorbing all the YouTube videos I can find so I feel fairly confident that I can add at least something to a party. I love RP'ing but I'm terrible at it so I end up being a bit sporadic with it. I love it when those in the game RP though and I always used to wish I could do better voices.
    Also, as I noted above, I really want to emphasize that I'm looking for a reliable group. If it's cancelled frequently then I'm probably not the player for you because that leads to frustration and none of us need more of that in our lives.

Hello, Staring up Tomb of Annihilation weekly wednesdays at 830pm Est to 1130EST. Not sure if those times work well for your but new player friendly. And you sound like a good match.

I'd definitely be interested! What do I need to do to get started? I don't have a character or anything yet. You can pm me if that's more convenient.

I will send you a discord link. And we will set up a session 0 over the next few weeks once i get all the players wrangled up...we seem to be very close to being full.

That sounds awesome. In the meantime I'll try to learn how to use FG semi-effectively.

Thread Information