Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Look in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory (get to <FG app data> by clicking on the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen). Please post a screenshot of the whole contents of that directory.
    Okay. Here goes. Mind you I did delete CoreRPG every time anyone said to, in past solutions I browsed and today with your help. It keeps coming back.2019-07-14 (1).png

2019-07-14 (1).png Okay, here goes. Mind you I've deleted CoreRPG each time a solution has said so, including the mentions in this thread today as well of course, and it keeps coming back.

And while we're at it, how do I delete that extra comment I made? I've gone into edit/delete and couldn't find the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    2019-07-14 (1).png Okay, here goes. Mind you I've deleted CoreRPG each time a solution has said so, including the mentions in this thread today as well of course, and it keeps coming back.
    OK, so the issue is that CoreRPG.pak isn't there. It needs to be there. The instructions were to delete an old one (that might have been causing an issue) and then to update to get the most recent one. Don't delete the most recent one after you've done an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

OK, so the issue is that CoreRPG.pak isn't there. It needs to be there. The instructions were to delete an old one (that might have been causing an issue) and then to update to get the most recent one. Don't delete the most recent one after you've done an update.
    Okay so I just want to update it again or and then try or what?

What we think is happening is that one or more rulesets are not downloading properly. So by deleting the ruleset and then updating FG it is forcing a fresh copy of the ruleset to install. Your images show that the CoreRPG ruleset is missing and that is needed in order for the 5e ruleset to work. This is the child ruleset that the error message is talking about. So update FG again and make sure the CoreRPG ruleset downloads and installs in the rulesets folder and then try your campaign again.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    What we think is happening is that one or more rulesets are not downloading properly. So by deleting the ruleset and then updating FG it is forcing a fresh copy of the ruleset to install. Your images show that the CoreRPG ruleset is missing and that is needed in order for the 5e ruleset to work. This is the child ruleset that the error message is talking about. So update FG again and make sure the CoreRPG ruleset downloads and installs in the rulesets folder and then try your campaign again.
    So I've updated FG again and made sure the CoreRPG ruleset downloads and installs in the rulesets folder and tried my campaign again, and came back to the same problem of "Unable to find ruleset file (base.xml)"2019-07-14 (2).png

So I've updated FG again and made sure the CoreRPG ruleset downloads and installs in the rulesets folder and tried my campaign again, and came back to the same problem of "Unable to find ruleset file (base.xml)"2019-07-14 (2).png
    Does it work OK for a non-5E campaign? If so, delete the 5E.pak file and do an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Does it work OK for a non-5E campaign? If so, delete the 5E.pak file and do an update.
    It did work okay for a non 5E campaign, and deleting the 5E.pak file followed by updating did the trick. Thank you very much folks!

It did work okay for a non 5E campaign, and deleting the 5E.pak file followed by updating did the trick. Thank you very much folks!
    Great!

Thread Information