DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unable to find ruleset file (base.xml)

Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key title font ()
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find hot key label font ()
    Ruleset Error: mouse: Could not find drag font (draglabel)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find tooltip font ()
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find hub icon (menuhub)
    Ruleset Error: radial: Could not find back icon (menuback)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die modifier font (diemod)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die sum font (diemod)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find die result font (dieresult)
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll empty icon ()
    Ruleset Error: desktop: Could not find poll positive icon ()
    Ruleset Error: imagecontrol: Could not find distance font (modcollectorlabel)
    Runtime Notice: Returning to launcher

I've tried a bunch of solutions from other threads on this forum and nothing has worked so far. I'm desperately trying to get this fixed in the next 4 hours before my session begins. I've tried about 15 different solutions between last Sunday and today and I'm at a loss.

Go into your FGData/ruleset folder and delete the CoreRPG.pak file and the .pak file for the ruleset you are using (so if it's 5e the 5e.pak file) and then update FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Try what Zacchaeus mentions. If this doesn't help then please provide a bit more information - what ruleset are you attempting to load? Do you get the error if you try to create a campaign for a different ruleset? What version does FG display in the top right hand corner of the startup screen? Make sure you're running in "live" mode and do an update.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Go into your FGData/ruleset folder and delete the CoreRPG.pak file and the .pak file for the ruleset you are using (so if it's 5e the 5e.pak file) and then update FG.
    |
    This is one of the solutions that have not worked last Sunday, but I'll give it another shot. Okay, I've tried it and now I get an error from Fantasy Grounds Updater saying:
    "Error
    Invalid purchases login entered in Settings.

Please update Settings with valid purchases login or clear login; and Update again.

Or contact [email protected] with login name."

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try what Zacchaeus mentions. If this doesn't help then please provide a bit more information - what ruleset are you attempting to load? Do you get the error if you try to create a campaign for a different ruleset? What version does FG display in the top right hand corner of the startup screen? Make sure you're running in "live" mode and do an update.
    |
    I am running version 3.3.7 Ultimate in live mode.

I don't know how to fix my purchases.

Go into settings (big button on the start screen) and click on the Manage button. Enter your username and password, then update FG.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Go into settings (big button on the start screen) and click on the Manage button. Enter your username and password, then update FG.
    The info is already there and 'remembered' though.

Okay, it looked like I was getting somewhere when an update check worked completely with all my Steam purchases (which I still don't understand why it was cleared in the first place) until I tried loading the campaign again and it's still blocked by "Unable to find ruleset file (base.xml)."

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    Okay, it looked like I was getting somewhere when an update check worked completely with all my Steam purchases (which I still don't understand why it was cleared in the first place) until I tried loading the campaign again and it's still blocked by "Unable to find ruleset file (base.xml)."
    What ruleset are you attempting to load?

Do you get the error if you try to create a campaign for a different ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    What ruleset are you attempting to load?

Do you get the error if you try to create a campaign for a different ruleset?
    I'm attempting to load the 5E ruleset, and I don't get the missing rulest base.xml error but instead get the missing child ruleset CoreRPG error if I try to create a campaign using a non-5E ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jgraten View Post
    I'm attempting to load the 5E ruleset, and I don't get the missing rulest base.xml error but instead get the missing child ruleset CoreRPG error if I try to create a campaign using a non-5E ruleset.
    Look in your <FG app data>\rulesets directory (get to <FG app data> by clicking on the folder icon in the top right of the main FG launch screen). Please post a screenshot of the whole contents of that directory.

Thread Information