STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Wish List foir 1.0.10 (March 2019)

Folks,

As 1.0.9 comes to a close, it's time to discuss 1.0.10 which I aim to release end of March 2019. Do note that I'm due an operation at the end of this month, so that date might slip but not by much.

Also note that from March I'll be working mostly on MGT2E, so updates will be every other month, unless both versions share the 'same' rules.

This is my thinking for 1.0.10.

• PSI Abilities (PSI Part III) - effects, cost and damage. - How do we implement this?
    • Ammo - Ranged weapons if they have an Ammo count listed, will show that on the Weapon Action (like in DnD5E) (already added in 1.0.9)
    • Player Initiative - Add an initiative button, when rolled it will roll the normal initiative roll plus any modifiers set (for skills such as Tactics, Leadership or the Haste action) (already added in 1.0.9)
    • Healing - Casting First Aid on a target, can apply healing, but how we do know if it's within 5 minutes (so is double effect), or within 1 hour (so is just effect).
    • Spaceship Data - Like Vehicles, have access to the Spaceships from the Core Rulebook - no builder.

Let me know what else you think we should add, remember we all play this (although differently) and what things do you 'need'.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; March 19th, 2019 at 23:27. Reason: Added more dev
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Great to hear about healing! Thx! And I'm really looking out for space combat, too.

Ok ... here are my picks:
    1) Ammo
    2) Rangecheck for weapons (the way DnD ruleset does it). Especially grenades, which deal different damages radially are difficult to play out atm.

About implementation of PSI, here are a few thoughts to your questions.
    a) Effects:
    The most prominent I can think of is "stunned", which means, that the char has to fail an END check (or INT in this instance?) and misses out on his round in the CT. Whenever it's his turn again and "stunned" has not worn off yet (1d6 minutes?), he does another check. If successful, stun breaks, if not, he stays down and has to wait for the next turn.
    "Pyrokinesis" does fire damage, so "burning" would be an effect. It should appy damage each round (not sure right now, what the rulebook says).
    "Send Thought" should make you able to take over a person. This should add the effect "charmed" and turn his ally status (if enemy, the unit becomes friendly, but if a friendly unit is taken over by an enemy, it fights for him)

b) Cost
    ...hmm. There is the range table in the rulebook ofc. Other than that, the player can decide how many points he can invest to boost his skill. So maybe this can be worked via a "Modifier" field like the one in the lower left corner, with the addition of it subtracting its value from the PSI attribute.

c) Damage
    Well this would have to be specified in the abitlity that is the base of the action. Other than that, range would be an influence on damage (as it is on all actions).

So far my thoughts to that. Hope I didn't forgot anything.

Well if anyone needs a starship builder I been working on a excel/sheets builder for my 1E campaign, it may not be 100% but it is something, until MBM gets there

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fc...MtQldOdG8koxRA

Also MBM you can use this for formula quick edits or to check it against your starship builder, might help provide you with inspiration <wink>

If anyone finds an error let me kno and I will update.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardem View Post
    Well if anyone needs a starship builder I been working on a excel/sheets builder for my 1E campaign, it may not be 100% but it is something, until MBM gets there

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fc...MtQldOdG8koxRA

Also MBM you can use this for formula quick edits or to check it against your starship builder, might help provide you with inspiration <wink>

If anyone finds an error let me kno and I will update.
    Nice work

Very useful, as Spacecraft will take some time to add into FG properly.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Great to hear about healing! Thx! And I'm really looking out for space combat, too.

Ok ... here are my picks:
    1) Ammo
    2) Rangecheck for weapons (the way DnD ruleset does it). Especially grenades, which deal different damages radially are difficult to play out atm.

About implementation of PSI, here are a few thoughts to your questions.
    a) Effects:
    The most prominent I can think of is "stunned", which means, that the char has to fail an END check (or INT in this instance?) and misses out on his round in the CT. Whenever it's his turn again and "stunned" has not worn off yet (1d6 minutes?), he does another check. If successful, stun breaks, if not, he stays down and has to wait for the next turn.
    "Pyrokinesis" does fire damage, so "burning" would be an effect. It should appy damage each round (not sure right now, what the rulebook says).
    "Send Thought" should make you able to take over a person. This should add the effect "charmed" and turn his ally status (if enemy, the unit becomes friendly, but if a friendly unit is taken over by an enemy, it fights for him)

b) Cost
    ...hmm. There is the range table in the rulebook ofc. Other than that, the player can decide how many points he can invest to boost his skill. So maybe this can be worked via a "Modifier" field like the one in the lower left corner, with the addition of it subtracting its value from the PSI attribute.

c) Damage
    Well this would have to be specified in the abitlity that is the base of the action. Other than that, range would be an influence on damage (as it is on all actions).

So far my thoughts to that. Hope I didn't forgot anything.

1. Ammo is on the list, very useful.
    2. I need to understand how it works in 5E and then 'steal it'. Still need to work out how Grenades should work in 1.0.9. (last thing to address).
    3. PSI - we can automate certain things based on damage types, stunned making the end check.

Cost. Was thinking that maybe like DnD, add a section under all abilities (open/close with magnifying glass) that has the damage dice and the cost. So you can modify the cost there and then roll the attack dice. Something like that.

Cheers,
    MBM

Sounda great! Good work, mate!

Blog Entries
    For the heal question, the best is to just make 2 abilities. One is within 5 minutes, one is standard and then let the player choose the appropriate one. I do that in 5e for "off-hand" weapons that don't have attribute bonuses for damage or for spells that use a level higher than the base level.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdin Potter View Post
    For the heal question, the best is to just make 2 abilities. One is within 5 minutes, one is standard and then let the player choose the appropriate one. I do that in 5e for "off-hand" weapons that don't have attribute bonuses for damage or for spells that use a level higher than the base level.
    Hi Myrdin,

So your thoughts are to not use the Skill Roll (from the Skills tab), but to add a Healing roll into the Actions tab, one for 'upto 5 minutes' and another for 'upto 1 hour'?

Not a bad idea, cheers,
    MBM

Blog Entries
    If the problem is deciding what the game does not track to end up with the right result, then either two “skills” or two action rolls seems like the easiest. I suppose you could have one skill and use something like holding down shift to do critical damage in the 5e ruleset could also be used and then just read if shift is being held down when applying the result of the roll would work as well.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Sounds right to me. Something like "Battlefield Triage" action and a normal "First Aid" action.

Still, I stand by my point, that you will need a medikit to apply both and I would not make it some Harry Potter infinite bag, but instead appky charges (like ammo at guns).
    In game I demand from my healers to get into melee range of their patients to apply first aid.
    Oh and of course the medikit can be restocked in labs or medbays or hospitals if you come across one of these...else you have to make back for your ship.

��

Thread Information