Starfinder Playlist
Page 6 of 16 First ... 45678 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Forecaster View Post
    The reason I'm using the immunity is that it prevents FG from adding an "unconscious" effect to the NPC which is usually a tell to a player who's looking at the CT that they're down.
    I'm almost finished with everything. However, FG still sets the status text and shows chat messages that state the combatant is dying or dead even though the NPC has IMMUNE: unconscious. Of course, I can go in and add checks for that effect and prevent those messages and status changes to keep it from saying Dying or Dead. That would fall more in line with what you are wanting. If so, let me know and I'll make those changes real quick.

Slovakia (+1 GMT) after March 29 due to Summer time (+2 GMT)
    Blog Entries
    Great work Valerian, thumb up!

Quote Originally Posted by Valerian Stormbreaker View Post
    I'm almost finished with everything. However, FG still sets the status text and shows chat messages that state the combatant is dying or dead even though the NPC has IMMUNE: unconscious. Of course, I can go in and add checks for that effect and prevent those messages and status changes to keep it from saying Dying or Dead. That would fall more in line with what you are wanting. If so, let me know and I'll make those changes real quick.
    It says something like
    [DAMAGE EXCEEDS HIT POINTS BY 6]
    to the players, that's the only one I can see. If you can suppress that then you may, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I'm fine with that being a tell as long as there's no text or status on the CT entry or token that says "Hey I'm dead" until I want it to.
    Last edited by Forecaster; September 2nd, 2019 at 14:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Forecaster View Post
    It says something like to the players, that the only one I can see. If you can suppress that then you may, but I'm not sure it's necessary. I'm fine with that being a tell as long as there's no text or status on the CT entry or token that says "Hey I'm dead" until I want it to.
    I went ahead and suppressed the messages. The damage exceeds HP and the instant death messages no longer show for someone that has the IMMUNE: unconscious effect. The status also stops at critical too until you remove the effect. I just have to make sure the text color goes to grey when you remove the effect and they are dead (PC or NPC). The update is almost ready. Hopefully, I'll be able to finish it and post it today or tonight.

Sounds great! Can't wait, excellent work!

Just want to give everyone an update on where I am at on releasing the next version of the Death Indicator extension. Originally, I only planned on releasing a bug fix for Diablobob's Critically Awesome Essentials extension, but then I got a few requests for new features. So, I decided to package everything up in the next release. However, the coding for this has taken some time and there are people waiting for the bug fix for Diablobob's extension. Therefore, I am going to do a minor release, v3.3, for this bug fix and then do a major release, v4.0, for the new features that you all have been patiently waiting for. The following is a list of what you can expect for each version.

Features v3.3

Fixed a bug that causes NPC tokens that represent a shape change using Diablobob's Critically Awesome Essentials to revert back to their original token. The previous release of the Death Indicator extension only fixed the issue for the player character tokens. The node value that I was checking only existed for PCs. So, I am now checking the effects applied to a combatant in the combat tracker. This works for PCs and NPCs.

Features v4.0

As requested by Forecaster, I added support for the IMMUNE: unconscious effect applied to PCs and NPCs. A combatant with this effect will not die when reaching 0 hp and failing all 3 death saves. The chat messages for combat and the status of a combatant with this effect have been modified so that players still see them as being alive; death messages are no longer displayed and the status stops at critical. The GM can role play this by having the combatant escape only to be fought at a later time or by requiring the players to use a special item to kill them. Either way, once the GM decides this combatant is dead, they simply have to remove the IMMUNE: unconscious effect and the extension will display the appropriate graphics and chat messages based on the combatant's health. This feature can be turned on or off using the option Indicator: Enable immune.

As requested by Forecaster, I added the Indicator: Tooltip style option that enables the standard tooltips, "[name] is dying" or "[name] is dead", or shows the tooltip as a status message, "[name] (dying)" or "[name] (dead)".

As requested by AngryMrClean, I removed the CT: Auto death rolls option and added separate NPC: Auto death rolls and PC: Auto death rolls options. This allows the GM to enable automatic NPC death save rolls while allowing the players to roll their own death saving throws.

As requested by AusHope, I have added support for custom NPC tokens. The way the extension used to work is, if you used a custom token for the NPC and it takes damage, it will revert the NPC's token back to the original token. To fix this bug, I added two methods for using a custom NPC token:

The first method is to either drop the token onto the token control displayed in the combat tracker for the NPC or if the NPC sheet from the combat tracker is open, you can drop the custom token onto the header or token control. This will only update the token for this instance of the NPC. Once the NPC is removed from the combat tracker and consequently the map, the custom token will no longer be displayed. You can also clear the custom token for the NPC by right clicking the token control and choosing Reset token from the menu.

The second method is to open the NPC window using the button on the sidebar, locate and open the NPC sheet for the creature, and drop the custom token onto the header or token control located there. This will update the token for all instances of the NPC that exists or will exist in the future. As with the first method, you can clear the custom token for the NPC by right clicking the token control in the NPC sheet and choosing Reset token from the menu. However, this will reset the token for all instances of the NPC.

I am trying to use both the death indicator extension and the LDTE extension and I am running into a minor display issue when both extensions are enabled. They both seem to be tweaking the same rough area of the char sheet, so I am hoping that you two authors can work together to make them compatible with each other. I am posting this same message in both threads.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nded-Version)/
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ension-(LDTE)/

The issue is that when both are enabled, it cases the LDTE tower symbol to overlap the Inspiration points making them impossible to use.
    With only Death indicator enabled.
    only death indicator.jpg
    With only LDTE enabled
    Only LDTE Installed.jpg

with both enabled.
    Both LDTE and Death Indicator installed.jpg

Thank you both
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    I am trying to use both the death indicator extension and the LDTE extension and I am running into a minor display issue when both extensions are enabled. They both seem to be tweaking the same rough area of the char sheet, so I am hoping that you two authors can work together to make them compatible with each other. I am posting this same message in both threads.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...nded-Version)/
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ension-(LDTE)/

The issue is that when both are enabled, it cases the LDTE tower symbol to overlap the Inspiration points making them impossible to use.
    With only Death indicator enabled.
    only death indicator.jpg
    With only LDTE enabled
    Only LDTE Installed.jpg

with both enabled.
    Both LDTE and Death Indicator installed.jpg

Thank you both
    You're in luck, because I have already programmed the fix for this issue. It will be in my next release, which is coming very soon.
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; September 14th, 2019 at 22:23.

Awesome, thank you very much.
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Version 4.0 has been released. As stated before:

Features v4.0

As requested by Forecaster, I added support for the IMMUNE: unconscious effect applied to PCs and NPCs. A combatant with this effect will not die when reaching 0 hp and failing all 3 death saves. The chat messages for combat and the status of a combatant with this effect have been modified so that players still see them as being alive; death messages are no longer displayed and the status stops at critical. The GM can role play this by having the combatant escape only to be fought at a later time or by requiring the players to use a special item to kill them. Either way, once the GM decides this combatant is dead, they simply have to remove the IMMUNE: unconscious effect and the extension will display the appropriate graphics and chat messages based on the combatant's health. This feature can be turned on or off using the option Indicator: Enable immune.

As requested by Forecaster, I added the Indicator: Tooltip style option that enables the standard tooltips, "[name] is dying" or "[name] is dead", or shows the tooltip as a status message, "[name] (dying)" or "[name] (dead)".

As requested by AngryMrClean, I removed the CT: Auto death rolls option and added separate NPC: Auto death rolls and PC: Auto death rolls options. This allows the GM to enable automatic NPC death save rolls while allowing the players to roll their own death saving throws.

As requested by AusHope, I have added support for custom NPC tokens. The way the extension used to work is, if you used a custom token for the NPC and it takes damage, it will revert the NPC's token back to the original token. To fix this bug, I added two methods for using a custom NPC token:

The first method is to either drop the token onto the token control displayed in the combat tracker for the NPC or if the NPC sheet from the combat tracker is open, you can drop the custom token onto the header or token control. This will only update the token for this instance of the NPC. Once the NPC is removed from the combat tracker and consequently the map, the custom token will no longer be displayed. You can also clear the custom token for the NPC by right clicking the token control and choosing Reset token from the menu.

The second method is to open the NPC window using the button on the sidebar, locate and open the NPC sheet for the creature, and drop the custom token onto the header or token control located there. This will update the token for all instances of the NPC that exists or will exist in the future. As with the first method, you can clear the custom token for the NPC by right clicking the token control in the NPC sheet and choosing Reset token from the menu. However, this will reset the token for all instances of the NPC.

I have also fixed the issue with the LTDE tower extension. That extension will now render correctly when used with the Death Indicator extension.

Thread Information