5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 16 First ... 678910 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm getting these errors when I add people to the CT.
    Thanks for reporting this bug MrDDT. I'll take a look at it and add the fix to the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDDT View Post
    I'm getting these errors when I add people to the CT.
    I've searched my extension, 5E and the CoreRPG ruleset and I cannot find the onPlacementChanged function. Tracing the updateCombatantTooltip function we get:

Code:
    function updateCombatantTooltip(nodeCT)

-- Validate the nodeCT parameter

if not nodeCT then
    		Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.updateCombatantTooltip: Invalid nodeCT parameter");
    		return;
    	end

-- Retrieve the combat tracker token

local tokenCT = CombatManager.getTokenFromCT(nodeCT);

if not tokenCT then
    		Debug.console("DeathIndicatorManager.updateCombatantTooltip: Invalid combat tracker token");
    		return;
    	end

-- Update the tooltip

TokenManager2.updateTooltip(tokenCT, nodeCT);

end
    The error is coming from the CoreRPG ruleset's CombatManager.getTokenFromCT function:

Code:
    function getTokenFromCT(vEntry)

local nodeCT = nil;
    	if type(vEntry) == "string" then
    		nodeCT = DB.findNode(vEntry);
    	elseif type(vEntry) == "databasenode" then
    		nodeCT = vEntry;
    	end

if not nodeCT then
    		return nil;
    	end

return Token.getToken(DB.getValue(nodeCT, "tokenrefnode", ""), DB.getValue(nodeCT, "tokenrefid", ""));

end
    The onPlacementChanged method that is causing the error is from an extension you are running that I am not. It sounds like this extension is handling an event when you place a token onto the map or move it, but the onPlacementChanged function is missing. This is why it is saying that it is nil: attempt to call field 'onPlacementChanged' (a nil value). If you can tell me which extensions you are running, I can load them up and try to reproduce the error. Then, I can tell if it is a problem in my extension or if the problem lies elsewhere. Either way, I might be able to fix it within the DeathIndicatorEx extension if I could reproduce the issue.
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; September 21st, 2019 at 17:48.

Quote Originally Posted by skj310 View Post
    Great extension! Just thought that I'd mention there's a HeroPoints5e.ext from "DIE Hard Gaming" that has the exact same issue as LDTE extension mentioned in this post.
    I know there's always a risk with incompatible extensions, overlap and what not ... but just thought i'd give the lowdown...
    I have fixed this issue and will include the fix in my next update.

Ok... I believe I have all of the problems fixed. I'm just waiting on MrDDT to get back with me so I can have him test the fix for his problem, and then I'll release an updated version. If anyone else has any issues they need me to look into, now is the time! So, don't be shy.

I have fixed an issue with the HeroPoints5e extension that was the same as the LTDE ext., fixed an error that pops up due to problems with the Combat Enhancer, and fixed an error that pops up when a player rotates their token. MrDDT and I tested the fix for the error that occurs with the Combat Enhancer. So, everything should be good. As usual, download the latest version from the OP, and let me know if you all find any more issues. Thank you!

Thanks again Valerian. Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi,
    I'm trying to 'check out' this module & extension and I can't seem to get it to work. I think it's something simple that I'm missing (hopefully). I'm using 5E Rules set. I've downloaded both the module and extension and placed each in the appropriate folder. I see the options appear in the Options section. I have the options set at: Blood&Tomb; On; Standard; On; Important; On; On; On; On; All and Configured. When I open the Token Library, I do have the 'Death' option. I also have the little 'grim reaper' picture showing up on the character sheet. However, when I click on the Death Token Library - it's empty. There are no tokens to choose from. What am I doing incorrect here? Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Hi,
    I'm trying to 'check out' this module & extension and I can't seem to get it to work. I think it's something simple that I'm missing (hopefully). I'm using 5E Rules set. I've downloaded both the module and extension and placed each in the appropriate folder. I see the options appear in the Options section. I have the options set at: Blood&Tomb; On; Standard; On; Important; On; On; On; On; All and Configured. When I open the Token Library, I do have the 'Death' option. I also have the little 'grim reaper' picture showing up on the character sheet. However, when I click on the Death Token Library - it's empty. There are no tokens to choose from. What am I doing incorrect here? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Try this, open the Tokens window and click the Modules button. Then, unload and reload the Death Indicator Tokens module. This is the first time that I've heard of someone having this issue, and I'm certain that it isn't a bug in the extension. So, if that doesn't fix it, then perhaps you are running out of resources / memory. You can try to clear the cache to see if that helps.

Thanks Valerian. That didn't seem to help unfortunately. I don't think it's a memory thing as best I can tell. No worries. I was just checking it out as it looks pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    Thanks Valerian. That didn't seem to help unfortunately. I don't think it's a memory thing as best I can tell. No worries. I was just checking it out as it looks pretty cool.
    Do you have problems loading other token modules? The extension code can't affect that because it's a separate thing altogether.

Thread Information