FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 16 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    I know I update the extension quite a bit, but I promise this will be the last update for a while unless I have to fix a bug. Version 2.3 adds support for the GM to drag and drop tokens onto the token control on a player's character sheet to update the character's token on the map and in the combat tracker. I also fixed a few warnings that I was getting, which were harmless but still warranted being fixed. I also optimized the graphics in the extension and module resulting in much smaller .ext and .mod files. As usual, read the OP for more information.
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; August 8th, 2019 at 08:47.

Well done sir, thanks for all the hard work. For me at least, it really helps clarify the death states for both players and DM's.

Well done on fixing the issue with the player tokens changing to portraits when the player gets wounded.

However, I don't know if this is a consequence of the amendments you made or whether it is caused by the update of the client to 3.3.8., but the player's tokens are now bereft of all of the icons for their effects as well as their hit points bar; only their name remains. Monsters are similarly being deprived of all icons on them - again apart from their name. It is probably no coincidence that almost all of the options under Token (GM) are missing (only three remain, Auto-scale to grid, facing indicator and Show name). These are the options which show these icons, health bar etc.

Switching off your extension solves all of these issues.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Well done on fixing the issue with the player tokens changing to portraits when the player gets wounded.

However, I don't know if this is a consequence of the amendments you made or whether it is caused by the update of the client to 3.3.8., but the player's tokens are now bereft of all of the icons for their effects as well as their hit points bar; only their name remains. Monsters are similarly being deprived of all icons on them - again apart from their name. It is probably no coincidence that almost all of the options under Token (GM) are missing (only three remain, Auto-scale to grid, facing indicator and Show name). These are the options which show these icons, health bar etc.

I was playing in a session today that ran my extension, and we had the same problems. I didn't intentionally hide any options or change settings, but I'm looking into it and will post a fix once it's ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post

Ok. I figured out what happened. It has to do with how I had to get the tooltips working. I really need a few people who don't mind testing for me before I release. Intruder does test but he's been away. So, I could use a couple of more.

I have fixed the issue and will post an update tonight or tomorrow as soon as I get this new feature I'm working on finished. I'm letting GM's set the tombstone for PCs and Important NPCs if they want to. This feature will be off by default and can be turned on individually for PCs and NPCs. This will allow GMs to give players nicer tombstones as they level and emphasize the boss monster kill with a nice tombstone as well.

I added the link / shield icon for important NPCs without taking themes into consideration. Would you all like me to provide an option to turn that off so it renders the normal icon? I could try to support the different themes, but that becomes a real pain.
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; August 12th, 2019 at 01:31.

Quote Originally Posted by mlesnews View Post
    Well done sir, thanks for all the hard work. For me at least, it really helps clarify the death states for both players and DM's.
    You're welcome!!! As you know from playing in Intruder's campaign, your characters can easily die. Well, one night a player was down and had a tombstone because Intruder was using the original extension. So, I cast shatter and finished off all of the monsters but ended up actually killing this player's character. I simply thought he was already dead and forgot about the 3 saving throws. That's why I actually decided to modify Celestian's original code. So, that wouldn't happen anymore, and the extension has grown from there.

I have posted v3.0 that fixes the bug described by Zacchaeus. This version adds some cool new features as well as 10 more death indicator tokens. If you have any issues, please let me know. Enjoy!!!

Sorry everyone! I found and fixed a bug where the death indicator token was incorrectly rendered for the reference NPC window. It's not a serious bug. I just simply forgot to hide the death indicator token.

Normally, when I start a project like this, I would create design documentation like IPOs, flow charts, protocol maps, etc... Then, I would create test cases for the QA dept. However, I simply modified the original extension, and didn't expect it to grow into the extension as it is now. Going forward, I will start doing these things again. So, if anyone would like to help me test extensions and modules, I will create test cases for you and you will be able to get the extensions or modules that you test for free even if it is something that I sell.
    Last edited by Valerian Stormbreaker; August 19th, 2019 at 19:51.

Downloaded the update from today, I haven't updated in quite a while; this string is from the Druid Wild Shape extension. If I load FG without this extension I don't get the error loading a character sheet, or if I load it with a previous version.
    Script Error: [string "shifted"]:1: attempt to call field 'updateMenu' (a nil value)
    Edit: This extension hasn't collided with anything before, I hadn't updated since "Important NPC's"
    Last edited by Melborne; August 19th, 2019 at 19:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Melborne View Post
    Downloaded the update from today, I haven't updated in quite a while; this string is from the Druid Wild Shape extension. If I load FG without this extension I don't get the error loading a character sheet, or if I load it with a previous version.
    Edit: This extension hasn't collided with anything before, I hadn't updated since "Important NPC's"
    I'll take a look at it. I added a menu item to clear the death indicators. So, that's most likely where the problem is. I also work with DiabloBob, so it shouldn't take too long to get it fixed. Thank you for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Melborne View Post
    I downloaded and installed the Druid Wild Shape extension, I added debug messages for the updateMenu function, but everything works. I do not get any error messages running both extensions. Are you running the latest version of the Druid Wild Shape extension?

Thread Information