FG Spreadshirt Swag

Runtime Error: Unable to save file(C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua)

Can anyone please tell me how to clear this error? "Runtime Error: Unable to save file(C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/GlobalRegistry.lua) - Error(13) Permission denied
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums.

This means you do not have full permissions to the file. Go to the folder C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/ perperties > security and give yourself full access to the folder and all it's contents.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Welcome to the forums!

As LordEntrails mentions - make sure you have full access rights to the FG data directories. They probably won't be exactly where he mentioned, as that directory is no longer used by FG by default. The best way to find where your FG data is stored is to click the folder icon in the top right corner of the main FG start screen.

If setting the access rights to the FG app data directory doesn't fix this issue, exit FG and delete the file mentioned - it'll be recreated the next time you use that campaign.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Note, the file location I mentioned is what the OP said the error message was indicating the file location is. Might that mean that either the install is old (which is ok) or that he might have two install instances?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Note, the file location I mentioned is what the OP said the error message was indicating the file location is. Might that mean that either the install is old (which is ok) or that he might have two install instances?
    Yep, it's fine if that's the only place it is. I mentioned the best route to getting to the FG app data directories for both this instance and for others who may have a similar issue in future.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I used the file folder icon on the start-up page to find the offending file then deleted it. This seemed to work. Thanks so much for the help.

Thread Information