Starfinder Playlist

Mark impassable and difficult terrain on map

I'm rather new to Fantasy Grounds. Just did my first game. I use Flowscape to create maps, and although nice looking, terrain difficulty isn't always clear. How do I mark different types of terrain? I marked them on the map on the fly while playing using the square pointers, but that is a bit of a pain. No masking and it slows down progress. Best thing I could think of was using the Enhanced Images extension, and put some tokens for this on the base layer. But that feels like a workaround for something which should/could be accomplished in the base program. Any tips?

Your only options are to a) use the drawing tools to scribble something on the map b) use the layers extension to put tokens on the map c) put tokens on the map without the layers extension (but not recommended) d) do it Theatre of the Mind or e) (and this is my preference) draw it on the original map.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Your only options are to a) use the drawing tools to scribble something on the map b) use the layers extension to put tokens on the map c) put tokens on the map without the layers extension (but not recommended) d) do it Theatre of the Mind or e) (and this is my preference) draw it on the original map.
    a is for awful The lines are too thin and not really visible. Going to try with b, and will read for c. With d I can't change my mind while playing, or quickly add some detail as needed. But I do understand that with a different play style that works just fine.

Blog Entries
    Nobody likes choice A But I agree with Mr. Z. I would go back and change your map style to make it apparent what the terrain differences are. I have no knowledge of Flowscape (I use CC3+ myself) but if Flowscape can't do what you need, worst case is you could just open the maps in Gimp and make some sort of transparent fill over the difficult terrain areas.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

You are probably right. Sigh, I had hoped to avoid using yet another program. Did my first large combat scene today and I need to mark special places better. It looked gorgeous, but it was but a scenic background which was largely ignored instead of a map.

Overview: 30627CB0-6ECD-4DD5-B11F-7442D3273E18.png
    Map: 17DDF1D7-CAA2-407D-A533-C7A8BADAA23E.png
    Last edited by Milmoor; July 15th, 2019 at 14:38.

Thread Information